+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by PayDay View Post
    In the end the decision is yours to make. Don't let anonymous people on a message board sway you in any particular direction. There are pros and cons with both types of surgery so it's probably best to meet with patients in person and to see results with your own eyes.
    Although I agree with the above, I don't understand why anyone would choose FUT simply because of the huge scar. Doesn't make sense to me...I see so many people in my city with that "old school" technique and also hear the jokes others make behind those people's back. It's terrible.

That scar just shows the world of your insecurities, plus it's horrific to look at. I have seen people with decent length on the sides, yet I can still make out the scar.

When I say advancements, I'm referring to Gho, FUE, etc. I feel like FUT is the "old way" to approach a hair transplant. That's just me.

StayThick pretty much summed it up in his posts man.

I think the reason most doctors are suggesting FUT is because that is what they are more experienced in and better at. Of course the drawbacks for FUE are cost and yield (but if you get an experianced doctor with FUE yield shouldn't be as big of an issue), but for me personally the scar from a FUT is an automatic deal breaker. No way in hell would I ever get that done to myself when there is an option out there that requires no scar.

Whats truly surprises me is that as soon as FUE became practiced and viable, FUT was not completely abandoned. All the doctors energies and focuses should go towards improving FUE, but obviously FUT is what they are good at, experienced with, confident in etc so the elected to keep it around, while the big players in the game and the well respected guys introduced FUE.

Who are the big names in FUE other than Feriduni?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    StayThick pretty much summed it up in his posts man.

I think the reason most doctors are suggesting FUT is because that is what they are more experienced in and better at. Of course the drawbacks for FUE are cost and yield (but if you get an experianced doctor with FUE yield shouldn't be as big of an issue), but for me personally the scar from a FUT is an automatic deal breaker. No way in hell would I ever get that done to myself when there is an option out there that requires no scar.

Whats truly surprises me is that as soon as FUE became practiced and viable, FUT was not completely abandoned. All the doctors energies and focuses should go towards improving FUE, but obviously FUT is what they are good at, experienced with, confident in etc so the elected to keep it around, while the big players in the game and the well respected guys introduced FUE.
    Thanks guys for your posts. Very much appreciated. As a result of this thread I am researching FUE a great deal. From looking at my photos in the first post would you guys say I am a candidate for FUE? What even makes someone a candidate?

Before anyone says I should only take advice from actual doctors, I understand your concerns, but rest assured I am organising consultations. I just feel like each doctor wants to sell their method (be it FUE or FUT) and I feel like at least people on a forum are less likely to have an agenda

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bighair View Post
    Thanks guys for your posts. Very much appreciated. As a result of this thread I am researching FUE a great deal. From looking at my photos in the first post would you guys say I am a candidate for FUE? What even makes someone a candidate?

Before anyone says I should only take advice from actual doctors, I understand your concerns, but rest assured I am organising consultations. I just feel like each doctor wants to sell their method (be it FUE or FUT) and I feel like at least people on a forum are less likely to have an agenda
    It's important to understand that many doctors performing FUE were former strip surgeons. Dr. Cole is a former strip surgeon for example. The same is true of Dr. Mwamba in Belgium. Some FUE doctors came on board later and only know FUE. You should ask doctors you are consulting with how many strip surgeries they have done if you settle on strip. Patient photos should be clear and have a natural color tone. Beware of photos that have a flash on the before and no flash on the after. Meet patients if that is possible. Look at strip scars to decide if you can live with one. Doctor experience is an extremely important consideration should you settle on FUE. Never settle on an FUE doctor who dabbles in FUE. Ask an FUE physician what healing technologies they make available such as ACell, PRP, PPP, and ATP. Ask the doctor what solution they temporarily store their grafts in. Is it simple saline or a solution that supports graft health?
    There are many factors that contribute to exceptional yield with FUE. Patients should be aware of these options and always keep in mind, you have a finite donor supply.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    www.forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck