+ Reply to Thread

Default Not sure what to do

Hey guys,

Im 21 years old with a good head of hair although my hairline is starting to thin out a bit. I saw an IAHRS doctor yesterday and he prescribed finasteride. He told me it shouldn't hurt my hairline and said I wouldn't shed from it. Basically said it should work just to keep what I have now but did say its better for the top/crown (where I have no damaged hair follicles) . To be honest im not worried about the side effects but I am worried about what effect it may have on my hairline after reading these topics:

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/m...threadid=11798
    http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/m...VIEWTMP=Linear
    http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/m...VIEWTMP=Linear

It looks like fin speeds up the balding process for some and even ruins their hairlines in the process. Although it seems to happen to a very few amount of people where they go from NW2ish to thinning all over where they had no thinning before and losing their hairline within 6 months. Now I don't know if I should take the drug and risk having a bad response to it like some of these guys and losing my hair altogether. What are your thoughts on this topic? I honestly don't know what to do but if I don't do something NOW ill be a NW3 by next summer 100%.

Will s5 cream help maintain a hairline?

Will RU help? Dave26 mentioned in a thread it hurt his hairline with no regrowth as of yet and its been 4 months I believe.

bump

Bro, if you go searching for some specific outcome to a specific hair loss treatment (or anything for that matter), you're most certainly going to find it on the internet.

My hairline was where all my balding is/was too when I started fin. Frankly, my whole frontal lobe is pretty decimated.

I do, however, have a lot of hairs sprouting up, especially outside my hairline towards my juvenile hairline. It's not enough hairs to make a big difference yet, but it's promising.

If you're going to start fin, you need to pull the trigger. If you wait, you're going to go bald regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Bro, if you go searching for some specific outcome to a specific hair loss treatment (or anything for that matter), you're most certainly going to find it on the internet.

My hairline was where all my balding is/was too when I started fin. Frankly, my whole frontal lobe is pretty decimated.

I do, however, have a lot of hairs sprouting up, especially outside my hairline towards my juvenile hairline. It's not enough hairs to make a big difference yet, but it's promising.

If you're going to start fin, you need to pull the trigger. If you wait, you're going to go bald regardless.
    that's definitely true. Fuuck it I am gonna start it, I think I just needed reassurance you know?

BTW, I saw you mentioned in another thread that you have a decent amount of shedding from it. Is it more from the front or does the density seem thinner all around? Its crazy how everyone reacts so differently to this drug.