+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Nanogen - opinions?

Just seen a few videos on this stuff and from what I've seen, as a hair loss treatment, it looks amazing? I'd imagine it would be even better when used with Rogaine. Obviously it's no substitute for hair transplant, but it seems to do the job in at least giving the effect of hiding. MPB. Has anybody used this stuff, if so what did you make of it?

It's not a hair loss treatment; it doesn't treat hair loss. It covers it up, like makeup.

It works fine, buy some and try it.

use of concealers (make up) by men is not accepted by any sane group of people. the paint or powder will look ridiculous and everyone would just make fun of you.

it is better to try to treat hairloss with medication.

im 21 and I use nanogen. its not a treatment it just covers up thinning hair. of course if my buddies ever found out, they would have a time laughin and makin fun of me. but its pretty much undetectable I think and it works great. thinning hair is a sickening disease especially at my age, so nanogen helps me feel a little bit better.

F*** hairloss its torture,

Iv have been using fibers for about twelve months now, I must admitt they are pretty much undetectable aslong as you still have some hair for them to attatch to, im slowly loosing that option in the crown, and im contemplating other options now, it is good stuff and no body would ever tell, couple of problems are,

1 its not cheap and needs to be applied every day
    2. it can make your hair look abit fuzzy sometimes
    3. I wouldnt dare go swimming
    4 if you have / get a gf or bf who lives with you or even just stays the night you almost certanly will have to tell them it wont be long before they notice either by leaving the bottle somewhere they see or leaving it in the shower or sink after you wash it out or when yo go to bed with thick staright hair and wake up with thinner hair then haved shower lock yourself in the bathroom and re appear with dry thick hair

but that all said, it gives me back a great deal of confidence in my day to day life i dont want to wear a peice and im not a good candidate for mormal HT so hoping this dr nigam is legit. But i would definatley try it im nearly nw6 and they make me a nw2 pretty much, iv used a few different ones and found toppik to be the best if needs be you can order a weeks worth for a trial and see if it does you any favours. i think its about £6 definatley worth trying id say though especialy if you are on meds and can keep the hair you have for years to come and if fibers give you the desired results and you hold onto whats left it will be good ntill the next big breakthrogh comes

Hope this helps let me know how you get on

Quote Originally Posted by joely View Post
    Iv have been using fibers for about twelve months now, I must admitt they are pretty much undetectable aslong as you still have some hair for them to attatch to, im slowly loosing that option in the crown, and im contemplating other options now, it is good stuff and no body would ever tell, couple of problems are,

1 its not cheap and needs to be applied every day
    2. it can make your hair look abit fuzzy sometimes
    3. I wouldnt dare go swimming
    4 if you have / get a gf or bf who lives with you or even just stays the night you almost certanly will have to tell them it wont be long before they notice either by leaving the bottle somewhere they see or leaving it in the shower or sink after you wash it out or when yo go to bed with thick staright hair and wake up with thinner hair then haved shower lock yourself in the bathroom and re appear with dry thick hair

but that all said, it gives me back a great deal of confidence in my day to day life i dont want to wear a peice and im not a good candidate for mormal HT so hoping this dr nigam is legit. But i would definatley try it im nearly nw6 and they make me a nw2 pretty much, iv used a few different ones and found toppik to be the best if needs be you can order a weeks worth for a trial and see if it does you any favours. i think its about £6 definatley worth trying id say though especialy if you are on meds and can keep the hair you have for years to come and if fibers give you the desired results and you hold onto whats left it will be good ntill the next big breakthrogh comes

Hope this helps let me know how you get on

Cool tips man. But seriously a nw6 looking like a nw2, wtf is this stuff really that effective!? I'm about a Nw 2.5, would this mean I could look like a Nw1 with all of the hair and front hairline intact?

Also, one thing that worries me about nanogen is choosing the right colour. While my hair is essentially light brown, it also has blondish bits and during the warmer months gives off a dark blond tint, does nanogen blend well with a head of hair that is essentially mixed colour?

It works better for diffuse thinners; if your temples are gone you'll have a hard time making it look natural with Nanogen.

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    It works better for diffuse thinners; if your temples are gone you'll have a hard time making it look natural with Nanogen.
    But from what joely stated, and from reading the nanogen website, it said it works on NW6 and below, why wouldn't it work on the temples?

My temples have gone and hair line receeded, i find that i shake it into my hands on whats left at the front then run my hands through what is left at the front and it thickens it up, the rest of my head i just leather it on as i say its very good and no one will know but youu do have to have some hair for it to attatch to where my hairline has receded it is slick bald so no hair for it to attach to hence why i look nw/2 with it on.

With regards to colour i cannot realy answer my natural colour is dark brown so i just use the dark brown one, you may be better of emailing which ever company you decide to go with and ask what they have if yor hair isnt the same color, if youu dont have to use that much to cover up i think just the color that the majority of your hair is will work

Joely

Quote Originally Posted by Dav7 View Post
    But from what joely stated, and from reading the nanogen website, it said it works on NW6 and below, why wouldn't it work on the temples?
    When used around the hairline, this stuff is completely detectable. A natural hairline does not consist of paint or powder.

Give it a try. I am sure they send free samples.