+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

One big ******ing joke.

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    Welp, well I smoke cigarettes cause ****** life, I'm stressed.
    And I tan because I look better bald and tan, if I need to be bald at all.

The irony is ******ing hilarious. It's the same as, take fin so girls will like your hair, get sex, but become impotent in the process, can't have sex. It's like a big joke.
    Tanning is probably OK, just do not overexpose in any one day. A little bit of sun at a time over long periods is better than frying yourself on the beach or in the tanning booth all at once

I feel you on the stress though. Work has been stressing me out....my MPB pattern is diffuse and this surely does not help. Lately I wonder if I have DUPA, but it could be TE instead!

Quote Originally Posted by Heisann View Post
    Thank you so much for the help! You're just what I need

I am totally new to this scale, but I checked it up now, and from the looks of it my brother is a very strong 2! And my father is about a 4. But like I mentioned my fathers hair has always been completely different from mine. I’ve seen pictures of him when he was like 15 and he had a huge forhead. My father has 2 brothers – the oldest has lost ALL his hair, nothing left. While the younger one has lost nothing, everything is intact. This younger brother which kept all his hair has not the same hairtype as mine - his is completely "helt rett, uten fall" - like you would say in norwegian

On my mothers side its hard to say, since she has no brothers. But I’ve talked to her about it and she says some loose it, and some keep it. Not really a clear pattern she says.

Like you say I should use my brother as a guide.. But a little hard since I never see him.. haven’t seen him in like 2 years. But pictures tell me what I need to know…. And my mother went to visit him and she said that his hairloss was very noticeable. I’ve talked with him about it on the phone, and he acknowledges that it is happening but don’t care. When I look at pictures at him when he was at my age it is hard to say, since he had longer hair (its now sorter), but I clearly see a HUGE difference from the ages 19-22 (22 - his current state).. Its amazing how quickly it went on his part..

And I’ve got a pack of finasteride right next to me atm ☺ I am considering, but afraid of the side effects….

When it comes to weather or not I am thinning on my crown; it is impossible to answer.. Way to much hair to see.. But when I take my hands through my hair up at the crown hairs fell out – so maybe? Haha.. And no, I have never tried a really sort haircut, but I did just cut my hair and I noticed more how my “gaps” where showing. Tried talking to friends about this, but they laugh it off and say we are to young to trouble ourself with such concerns when its so many years until it comes an issue, and of course I am nervous to tell them straight forward that its happening to me.. Especially when no one could expect it since I have so much hair.

Again, your great Thanks for all the help you’re giving me.
    You fine to me, brother. I think the finasteride and Nizoral are a good idea, provided you've cleared it with your dermatologist (skin doctor). I've been on finasteride now for 12 years (I'm 43) and have no side effects so far (knock on wood).

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    Welp, well I smoke cigarettes cause ****** life, I'm stressed.
    And I tan because I look better bald and tan, if I need to be bald at all.

The irony is ******ing hilarious. It's the same as, take fin so girls will like your hair, get sex, but become impotent in the process, can't have sex. It's like a big joke.
    Damn, you got the sides, huh? Hadn't heard that yet...

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Damn, you got the sides, huh? Hadn't heard that yet...
    Nah no worries, none you don't know of (gyno), I'm just being a pessimistic ******er.

Not been in the best of moods lately.

Third day on fin and I have experienced a few side effects… First day, when I took the pill I got really dizzy.. I had problems standing straight up. But it went away after like an hour. Second day the same thing happened.

But today I took a bigger pill (I couldn’t cut them up in the same pieces), and I got so dizzy I almost passed out.. And its gone like 4 hours, and I still feel really dizzy..

When it comes to having sex, it still works, but I had some issues getting it up. And when it was up, I had problems keeping it there.

And… This is very personal, haha, but my “balls” has gotten a lot bigger, they're hanging down longer than they used too..

Is this normal, and should I just keep going? Or is this a sign that I should not use FIN, and just quit? I have some good years ahead of me anyway..

I forgot to mention that I also feel very weak... Tried working out, it went straight to hell.. Never felt so weak before in my life I read that its a possible side effect to the drug.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

I forgot to mention that I also feel very weak... Tried working out, it went straight to hell.. Never felt so weak before in my life I read that its a possible side effect to the drug.
    There should be a survey... Men:
    Which do you prefer, a little better hair or excellent sex? During sex, I doubt most women are thinking about your hair. I did know a rock groupie years ago who appeared obsessed with glam-rock hairstyle boys. I personally wouldn't want a relationship with that kind of superficial dingdong. In many ways men, some hair loss, helps weed out the undesirables. Some men of course are in it for the sport with the goal in mind of landing a trophy babe. I personally prefer the benefits of a long-term relationship with a normal looking woman that has a mind and excellent inner qualities.

Third day on fin and I have experienced a few side effects… First day, when I took the pill I got really dizzy.. I had problems standing straight up. But it went away after like an hour. Second day the same thing happened.

But today I took a bigger pill (I couldn’t cut them up in the same pieces), and I got so dizzy I almost passed out.. And its gone like 4 hours, and I still feel really dizzy..

When it comes to having sex, it still works, but I had some issues getting it up. And when it was up, I had problems keeping it there.

And… This is very personal, haha, but my “balls” has gotten a lot bigger, they're hanging down longer than they used too..

Is this normal, and should I just keep going? Or is this a sign that I should not use FIN, and just quit? I have some good years ahead of me anyway..
    Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction while taking finasteride: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.

Call your doctor at once if you notice any breast lumps, pain, nipple discharge, or other breast changes. These may be signs of male breast cancer.

Less serious side effects of finasteride may include:

impotence, loss of interest in sex, or trouble having an orgasm;

abnormal ejaculation;

swelling in your hands or feet;

swelling or tenderness in your breasts;

dizziness, weakness;

feeling like you might pass out;

headache;

runny nose; or

skin rash.

Read more at http://www.drugs.com/sfx/finasteride...HFd4c0Eq1JS.99

Your might be very sensitive to hormonal changes (it will most likely go away after some few weeks) but if you don't feel comfortable with it you should definitely stop taking finasteride. You know your body best and you should stop it you don't feel well. You still got lot of hairs, so don't think to much about it, and enjoy your life now. Don't read the forums and get depressed. Enjoy life and have a lot of sex When your hair is thinning (you still got some years), you can cut it shorter. You don't need to shave your head, its your own choice. As you get older its easier to accept it. I really wish I could help you. If you need talk about it in a chatroom or something just let me know (if you understand norwegian). I personally would have stopped taking finasteride if I felt so dizzy as you feel when you take the pill. I think you got a lot of good friends that can support you. I would not recommend minoxidil either because it will be a life time commitment and it might wear off after a while. Your should also stay away from Saw Palmetto, you will most likely get the same side effects as finasteride and its not proven for hair loss. It can also be very dangerous for your health. I really hope there will be a hair loss cure very soon.