+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I have 5mg tablets.. But kinda hard to split them up isnt it? Especially if I have to split them up into like 10 pieces.. And how should I store them after I have cut them up?

And my hair is very important to me, I feel like it’s the “source” of my confidence – I know that might sound dumb. So of course I really want to take Finasteride, but I am afraid of the consequences I may endure. Espacially when I extremely easily get effected by the “placebo” effect… If someone tells me I just ate something which will make me feel bad – I feel bad.. So I am afraid I will just think to much of the symptoms and therefore develop them..

But I think I am going to start with Fin soon Would be great to be able to keep my hair until I am like 40.. After that its not that of a big deal.. Haha, since by that time I’ll hopefully be married and snatched up an amazing girl

But you said that you had hair much like me! It would be great if you explanied how things developed for you during the next years (from you were 18 until you were starting Fin), so I get a guide to what I may expect

Hi. I believe 90% of us fall into this category.

Our parents give us their genes. Dad and mom . They have to get the DNA from somewhere. They get it from our grandparents (their parents).

So you have some combination of your grandparents DNA. Check out both of your grandfathers. Try to find photos of them at your age.

Well, I noticed receeding hairline first when I was 18-19 I guess. I did not really care much about it, because I did not expect to loose my hair. Then my hair was stable many years I though, but slowly thinning (when I look back at pictures). Suddenly it was visible early 2010 and that stressed me out. So I lost maybe 1000 hairs a day for a weeks (TE due to stress). I did my research on Internet and read a lot of posts on forums. Then talked to my doctor who did not know about treatments. I told him I wanted prescription on finasteride, and it was okay for him. He told me there really was no side effects, many patients of him was using the drug for enlarged prostate and none have reported side effects. I knew from forum there could be side effects, but did not care because i felt hair was more important to me than having sex. I have not noticed any side effects. I believe you hair loss will most likely be the same as your brother. So look at photos of him, and family photos of grandparents.

Cut and store pills:

I don't know which country you are from, but go to apotek1.no and search for "tablettdeler". I first split the pill in 2, and then in 4. I'm sure you will find something similar in you country. Keep away from girls/kids.

Thanks Then I'll buy an "deler" tomorrow! But can you really cut the tab up into like 10 pieces? And where should i store the once i cut up when waitning to use them?

I just tested splitting a 5mg Actavis Finasterid blue pill in 8 pcs. Can be difficult, but possible with training . I don't think 10 pcs is possible, but 8 should be 0,63 mg daily (half dose). You can split one pill and store those 8 pcs inside the pill cutter if you buy the blue one. Thats what I do.

Just took my first pill Very scary!! But it was impossible to cut it up into 8! I did it, but some got really REALLY small! My pills are round - are all that? And how many hours until I'll feel the side effects, if there is any?

I am taking Proscar 5 mg Finasteride. 98 tablets

Yeah, they can be difficult to cut into 8 pcs, but it is possible (sometimes not) !
    I never felt any side effects, so I don't really know, but I guess it should not take many hours. Side effects should stop after two weeks though, if not stop taking the pill. This is due to hormonal imbalance, and the body need some time to adjust. I wish you good luck and please keep us updated, even if you get side effects or not. Take pictures every month for your own reference.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heisann View Post
    I have 5mg tablets.. But kinda hard to split them up isnt it? Especially if I have to split them up into like 10 pieces.. And how should I store them after I have cut them up?

And my hair is very important to me, I feel like it’s the “source” of my confidence – I know that might sound dumb. So of course I really want to take Finasteride, but I am afraid of the consequences I may endure. Espacially when I extremely easily get effected by the “placebo” effect… If someone tells me I just ate something which will make me feel bad – I feel bad.. So I am afraid I will just think to much of the symptoms and therefore develop them..

But I think I am going to start with Fin soon Would be great to be able to keep my hair until I am like 40.. After that its not that of a big deal.. Haha, since by that time I’ll hopefully be married and snatched up an amazing girl

But you said that you had hair much like me! It would be great if you explanied how things developed for you during the next years (from you were 18 until you were starting Fin), so I get a guide to what I may expect
    Your hair looks good. A recent article I read in a doctor to doctor hair restoration magazine covered an identical twin study. According to the study, the worst things you can do for your hair are, cigarette smoking, sunburn, stress and overuse of hair color and straighteners. Drinking coffee is good for your hair according to this study.
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-23-2015 at 09:35 AM.

Welp, well I smoke cigarettes cause ****** life, I'm stressed.
    And I tan because I look better bald and tan, if I need to be bald at all.

The irony is ******ing hilarious. It's the same as, take fin so girls will like your hair, get sex, but become impotent in the process, can't have sex. It's like a big joke.