+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning87 View Post
    So as I understand it, and it's likely that I don't, they basically identified what goes wrong and have a good idea of why, and are somewhat sure of what can be done about it to regrow, but they still have to start testing their hypothesized regrowth methods on humans.

Correct?
    Yes clinicals trials have yet to start. Cotsarelis was qouted saying that they should start in two years, not sure why there is a delay most probably because they are waiting until one of the 10 GPR44 blockers have finished their clinical trials so they dont have to test it themselves, hence a faster a trial.

I am pretty confident he knows all that there is to know and have provided evidence but there is no clinical data to back that up yet. We will have to wait until he starts his trials.

The main reason for the post was to point out that Cotsarelis knows more than he says(as always).

Quote Originally Posted by HairlossAt15 View Post
    Yes clinicals trials have yet to start. Cotsarelis was qouted saying that they should start in two years, not sure why there is a delay most probably because they are waiting until one of the 10 GPR44 blockers have finished their clinical trials so they dont have to test it themselves, hence a faster a trial.

I am pretty confident he knows all that there is to know and have provided evidence but there is no clinical data to back that up yet. We will have to wait until he starts his trials.

The main reason for the post was to point out that Cotsarelis knows more than he says(as always).
    Well that's definitely exciting.

Although I thought the two-year timeline quote is from a couple years ago or more.

In fact the latest press release does say that they have already done clinical tests on humans and that they have succeeded at creating new hair follicles.

Well that's definitely exciting.

Although I thought the two-year timeline quote is from a couple years ago or more.

In fact the latest press release does say that they have already done clinical tests on humans and that they have succeeded at creating new hair follicles.
    It was towards the end of last year he said that it would be within 2 years. So almost a year has past. It would be great if Follica have done some testing already but there is no evidence to say they have.

ah well not a whole lot we can do. Let's hope they get there. I think they will eventually, so let's actually hope that's not going to be 25 years from now.

Nice recap
    Like the start of Breaking Bad series eh

Quote Originally Posted by EDB View Post
    What would be your current recommendation for treatment at this moment? I'm currently on RU, but I'm hearing a lot of good with tm30089 and indo/cromo from HLH.
    I dont risk using untested compounds etc myself. You will have to ask someone else sorry.

Are these treatments designed to protect the yair you still got?
    And in what timeframe they will develop it? 5-10-20 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomb10 View Post
    Are these treatments designed to protect the yair you still got?
    And in what timeframe they will develop it? 5-10-20 years?
    A cautiously optimistic timeline is within 5-10 years IMO, and by cautiously optimistic I mean at least only one or two of all these new treatments coming through - if they really have something and will make it to market, it won't be more than 5-10 years away. 5 years is also quite conservative for Histogen and Replicel IMO, as both companies are well into their development phases already, but who knows.

If follica did not even start human trials yet than might as well call it a day. We wont see that treatment for another 10 years.......are we 100 percent sure they did not start human trials.......depressingggg as helllll

thanks for your answer.
    But have you also an answer on my first question?
    I read only of treatments that can create hopefully an percentage of new hair. But in the first place, it is a good thing to keep the hair you've got. And i know there is finasteride ru minoxidil etc.. But this isn't a cure.

I am 23, with a head full of hair, a little bit thinner at the crown and a nw 1,5. but still a lot of hair. I am using finasteride and minox for 3-4 months know. I hope that i can keep my hair with this, But i want to use it for a couple of years, not longer because i think it isn't healthy. And than hopefully there are better treatments.