+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Alex has some good advice up there, avoid things like steroids and keep an eye on your hair loss if its a concern to you, just a once a month check will do not every frickin day.

Those horror stories are usually of people who forget about their hair loss for 1 - 2 years then get a short hair cut, spot considerable thinning in the crown and freak out.

I began an intense weight training regimen 3 months ago. I recently had my DHT tested and it was considerably lower than it was 2 years ago when I was not lifting weights.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan555 View Post
    I began an intense weight training regimen 3 months ago. I recently had my DHT tested and it was considerably lower than it was 2 years ago when I was not lifting weights.
    Did you take both tests at the same time of day? I.e both in the morning?

Yeah I would reiterate no one knows for sure. Lets pretend it does what are you going to do never touch a weight again in case it slightly sped up your hair loss? Most men go bald to some point as they age anyways

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Yeah hormones might change a lot from time to time like say blood pressure might not be anything to do with lifting weights and it could change very slowly over time who really knows

Quote Originally Posted by 8868alex View Post
    3. Incorporate aerobic exercise in addition to resistance training and follow a reasonable routine (i.e, no squatting or benching twice your body weight)
    Nonsense. If you can do it, do it.

Yea, not point worrying about something so trivial...From what I've read, MPB is pretty unpredictable. I just need to move on with life. If it gets really bad before 30 I will just buy a beanie and some Xanax for the anxiety that will follow.

And I'd never, ever think about taking steroids, lol.

Yes, exact same time of day - 8:30 AM.

Thumbs up

Alex has some good advice up there, avoid things like steroids and keep an eye on your hair loss if its a concern to you, just a once a month check will do not every frickin day.

Those horror stories are usually of people who forget about their hair loss for 1 - 2 years then get a short hair cut, spot considerable thinning in the crown and freak out.
    I'd also agree with this. Once a month checks are enough.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by NotBelievingIt View Post
    Nonsense. If you can do it, do it.
    Ok fair enough, but to expand upon that point, let me offer some justification. Generally speaking if a man who weighs 180 pounds is benching 360, then one could argue that this is being augmented by a very severe, high protein, high calorific diet in order to meet this demand. One could further argue that the use of supplements and possibly other aids may be evident. For an individual dealing with hairloss, there needs to be some caution with regards to substantial hormonal changes within the body. Prolonged and continual physical exertion of this nature could certainly prompt this.

There are those individuals who are genetically blessed with the pre-disposition to have have strong, responsive physiology (i.e, can get to the heavier lifts without these aids) but I would wager that these are in the minority.

I would encourage others to work hard at whatever they do and whilst I have altered my own regime, at one time I benched 260 pounds whilst at a body weight of around 200 pounds (normally I'm about 185-190). Believe me, even at a differential like this, I understand the effort needed to undertake this sort of training.

I'm not neccesarily disagreeing with you, just trying to articulate my point a little further. Hopefully I have done so and not spouted "nonsense".

Regards