+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question My Extensive Treatment and Still Not Satisfied(Fin+Dut+Accutane+Niz)

Hello HairLossSuffers,

I want to get some useful comments on my treatment.

I am 24 years old. Have been suffering from hairloss for 1,5 years.
    I am NW2 now.

My current Regimen
    - Accutane 10mg twice a week - 8/10 points -Been on 2 months. After one week, my oily scalp has gone, it killed my seborea and hair shed decreased A LOT. I am really happy to add this to my regimen.
    - Finasteride 1,25mg 5days a week - 4/10 points - Been on 9 months. It only gave me a bad shed and oiliness(before accutane). I am not sure it is working or not. I only scare of stopping it thats why i still take it.
    -Dutasteride 0,5mg twice a week - ?/10 points- Been on 1 month. It is too early to judge. I have added this to get some regrowth but i didnt see any regrowth yet.
    -Nizoral twice a week - 3/10 points - It is a shampoo. I dont expect any result. It only cleans well my scalp.

I dont get any sides from any drug. But Dutasteride increased my libido a lot, i started to think sex too much.

My Other Trials
    -Minoxidil %5 Liquid- 2/10 points - I had several trials on minoxidil and everytime it increased my shedding(everybody says it is normal) but i cant bear it. It also makes my scalp oily
    - Supplements(biotin,zinc,b12 etc) 1/10 points - They didnt work on stopping hairloss. They are all trash.

My Considerations
    -Minoxidil Foam, It seems less greasy
    -RU58841
    -Cetirizine Topical

Current Status :
    -I stopped my shedding %80
    -Hair looks healtier
    -Still shedding in the shower(20-50 hairs)

I really want some regrowth if possible. I think i succeed on stopping and it is time to add some regrowth.

Any Advice on regrowth??

Sorry about my english. Thanks for the comments.

you have to stay on minox until shedding stops, minos is a growth stim so it will give you regrowth, just ride it out

Default Dutas Shed??

My hair started to get worse again. I shed too much today. Does dutasteride cause more shedding???

Minoxidil can be amazing for some people. The foam is so much better than the liquid, so I'd recommend giving that another try.

Shedding is often a good sign so ride it out and evaluate after at least 6 months, perhaps a year.

I'm pretty sure hairloss is a side effect associated with accutane man, are you taking it for acne? or did you take it for hairloss specifically? And I would try to ride out the minoxidil if I were you, there is an initial shed for some, but the hair will come back stronger. Are you using a sulfate free shampoo on days when you aren't using nizoral?

Quote Originally Posted by cleverusername View Post
    I'm pretty sure hairloss is a side effect associated with accutane man, are you taking it for acne? or did you take it for hairloss specifically? And I would try to ride out the minoxidil if I were you, there is an initial shed for some, but the hair will come back stronger. Are you using a sulfate free shampoo on days when you aren't using nizoral?
    x2 temporary and permanent hair loss are sides of accutane, so if your taking it for hairloss I don't think it makes much sense

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    x2 temporary and permanent hair loss are sides of accutane, so if your taking it for hairloss I don't think it makes much sense
    Yes i take it for hair loss, i read it my help on reducing scalp sebum, so it does.. I think it is a secret weapon for hairloss. I take very very low dose 10mg twice a week. Sebum definitely plays a role on hairloss progress.

Ok well good luck

Default questions

HI, im french sorry my bad english!

I have a few questions please:

Do you take a full high dose of accutane for acne? even younger?

Do you have generally an excess of sebum on the hairs that you loose?

Do you have serboreic dermatitis?

Do you lost your hair on back and sides? cause my mbp began like normal pattern but now i lost my hairs everywhere, and very often with sebum on the base of the hair.

Where are the things/threads that you read that give the idea to take low dose of accutane?

I took a full high dose of accutane when i was young, and im sure it accelerated my mbp by shrinking the oil glands, and then my sebaceous glands on the scalp overproduce sebum and accelerate my sebum production.
    I think of take a low dose of accutane to fight this thing, but im afraid to make my hairloss worst.

what do you think of this? how well it work on your hairs and your scalp?

thanks in advance dude, im so depressed right now, im norwood 3,4 at only 25.

bump?