+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Ohio View Post
    Oh okay, i understand now.. But is there any proof that RU really works?
    This is a good article on RU, it sites some of the studies.

http://www.examiner.com/article/an-e...dness-ru-58841

Man my hair is almost exactly like yours, maybe a bit worse, and im the same age as you. My original plan was using RU for my hairline (it works better for the hairline then fin does) and fin for density and the crown. I eventually decided I'll give RU a crack by itself first, as even though its an experimental product, I feel the risk of more serious and/or persistent problems lie with fin (and that is the main reason why me and many others are hesitant with fin, especially at a young age).

If you read a lot of the forums, you'll see that some people have sides on fin, so they switch to RU and have no sides or less sever sides. Others will have sides on both fin and RU. If you are androgen sensitive, any anti-androgen that goes systemic will give you problems. One thing is you will know by taking RU if fin has greater potential for causing problems. If you experiance sides from RU, it is almost a guarantee that fin is a bad idea and would give you even worse problems.

I didn't have have that good when I was 26, never mind 40.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Ohio View Post
    Well first off i noticed my hairline was receding about a year ago but chose to wait it out instead of jumping on propecia. The feels of realizing i was losing my hair so you g hit hard and my first semester of college was rougher than expected. I did go see multiple derms who all gave me scripts for fin, I was terrified after reading stories all over the internet about guys who could never get an erection again or had permanent hormone problems.
    So now a year later I'm about to turn 20 and my hairline had turned to shit i can no longer cover my temples and I'm willing to give propecia a shot!
    I would start with 0.5 mg's a day. But i have a few questions..

Am i too young to start propecia?
    What are my chances of developing permanent side effects?
    How bad is my hairline now? and how much is it possible to save?
    It it too late to save and i should just shave? At 20!?
    My PICS:
    http://i.imgur.com/xujyVkh.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/jpkdueA.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/Mr4gixE.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/2X7IIZK.jpg
    Lighten up, bro. Your hair looks fine. I can't tell you what the stats are on Propecia, but I CAN tell you I've been on it for 14 years (I'm 43) and still have sex with my girlfriend just fine, sometimes for hours. My GUESS (I'm an engineer, not a doc), is that Propecia will keep your hair good for years and if it turns for the worse, there's multiple treatments coming out anyways. It's not like it's 1950 and no one had a clue what causes it and how to solve it.

Quote Originally Posted by LT56 View Post
    Lighten up, bro. Your hair looks fine. I can't tell you what the stats are on Propecia, but I CAN tell you I've been on it for 14 years (I'm 43) and still have sex with my girlfriend just fine, sometimes for hours. My GUESS (I'm an engineer, not a doc), is that Propecia will keep your hair good for years and if it turns for the worse, there's multiple treatments coming out anyways. It's not like it's 1950 and no one had a clue what causes it and how to solve it.
    How well has it worked for maintaining your hairline? Or did you use minoxidil as well?

Quote Originally Posted by goldbondmafia View Post
    How well has it worked for maintaining your hairline? Or did you use minoxidil as well?
    It seemed to thicken it all over, although there has been some mild recession in the front. I use fin, Nizoral and Saw Palmetto. Knock on wood.

i'm 16 and my hairline is like that

Quote Originally Posted by LT56 View Post
    It seemed to thicken it all over, although there has been some mild recession in the front. I use fin, Nizoral and Saw Palmetto. Knock on wood.
    Since you've started fin there has been more recession at the front??? Im about to start and only need it for the front

Since you've started fin there has been more recession at the front??? Im about to start and only need it for the front
    If you're really worried about thinning in the front after starting Fin you could always fill in the minor missing areas with a very small HT procedure from Gho.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    If you're really worried about thinning in the front after starting Fin you could always fill in the minor missing areas with a very small HT procedure from Gho.
    That's true but im only 21 now, turning 22 soon probably too young for any procedure until im 25ish? I guess ill see how well it works. Wish it could just work on the whole head guaranteed

Yeah, but it really slowed it dowm. I'm going to see Dr. Gho in September to fill in the front.