+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tdo View Post
    Gold,

Just get RU and K&B from Kane or join PHG (another hairloss website) and buy it through their group buy. With KB you have less "mixing" to do.

For guys with less aggressive hair loss, it might be wiser to start on something like RU than play Russian Roulette with your hormones.... Thats just my opinion.
    But even after I get RU I think I still need to mix it with everclear alcohol? At least that's what it says in this thread if I remember correctly? :

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=12391

Quote Originally Posted by goldbondmafia View Post
    But even after I get RU I think I still need to mix it with everclear alcohol? At least that's what it says in this thread if I remember correctly? :

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=12391
    Gold,

Not if you use KB. If you use KB, you dont need anything else. People who use everclear, they use a mix of everclear and PG. KB is just another alternative vehicle for RU.

If you use RU definitely make sure to mix everything yourself, there is a great thread with full instructions somewhere... Buy from Kane because its the purest source, other then that it works just like a topical fin so there you go no more worries... Most people don't bother with RU because they are either too lazy to go through the process of ingredients and application or have no knowledge about it, some others are afraid of the risk but whats riskier between RU and Fin I mean c'mon haha

Definitely do not buy pre mixed RU, it does not have a very long shelf life so it would become unstable and lose potency this is one of the debatable reasons it never hit stores.

How do we know theres no side effects from mixing untested chemicals in your home and the applying them to your scalp?
    Also what evidence is there of RU actually working?
    Sorry 1 more,, how bad is my hairline? What would my best couse of action to save it be?? Im too young to loose my hair!

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Ohio View Post
    How do we know theres no side effects from mixing untested chemicals in your home and the applying them to your scalp?
    Also what evidence is there of RU actually working?
    Sorry 1 more,, how bad is my hairline? What would my best couse of action to save it be?? Im too young to loose my hair!
    Everything has a chance of sides, but without question, the chances of sides from RU or any topical is less. Propecia is addressing DHT at the systemic level, meaning by taking it orally, it affects that particular hormone through out your body.

there are pictures of stabilization and regrowth around these forums and hair loss talk, if the risk of Fin is supposedly 2-4% of sexual sides and that is to stop ALL DHT in the body to upwards of 80%.. RU stops DHT from reaching the hair and is only applied there, if there is systematic absorption it may produce sides but only minor and temporary.. Really the biggest risk I would imagine on RU is getting a bad batch.

Oh okay, i understand now.. But is there any proof that RU really works?

Hey guys sorry, noobish question. What is RU?

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Paha! 1+++

Actually, best not to research the ****ing sides, because you'll never take it if you do hahaha:

FML.
    Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I was in that exact position ~6 months ago. Couldn't endure watching my hair deteriorate any longer; had to get on the pill.

OP, just do what everyone is suggesting. If you ignore your hair loss, it might continue to get worse. Research finasteride yourself, then go see a derm and have them do precautionary things like blood work.

Point is: if you're going to do something about it, do something about it right away. I sat around and watched my hair get worse for months out of fear of fin, and I regret that. If you don't want to risk sides and choose not to seek treatment, understand the potential consequences.

Best luck.

So what did you do? And did it work out for you?