+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My new HST plan

Default My new HST plan

Hi all

Just thought I would share my new HST plan and see if anyone had any input on it.

The debate about donor regeneration being 80% or 50% is still there so lets just say that there is "some" donor regeneration.

What I plan on doing is going for an HST every year until one of either 3 outcomes:

1) I have achieved a full head of hair through HST alone
    2) My donor starts to appear thin
    3) Hair cloning or another more improved HST method comes along

If outcome 1 occurs... Great, job done, move on with life.

If outcome 2 occurs and my donor starts to look thin, couldn't I just use body hair (from the back of my neck and my chest/back), to give a little and I mean "a little" more density back to the donor?

If outcome 3 occurs then by this time my recipient area will have been significantly improved through X number of HSTs and I can finish the job with a new or improved technique.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is that I may as well keep getting HSTs until one of the 3 outcomes occur, instead of sitting around (remaining bald) waiting for a miracle cure. Yes it's pretty expensive and yes there is debate about the regeneration, but atleast there is SOME regeneration. Seems to me to be a no brainer...

I kind of like your plan, it used to be my opinion...
    But still regarding the invest, I need to be sure of the 80-85% donor regeneration...

But of course, it makes sense...if we wait our fourties to start something, it's not worth...

I don't see a solution in body hair. Personally I think it's one of these surgeries that make you look worse, not better. To me it looks like turning your scalp into a scrotum.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    I don't see a solution in body hair. Personally I think it's one of these surgeries that make you look worse, not better. To me it looks like turning your scalp into a scrotum.
    While i do agree with you.. I still think if you shave it down to a really low number... you can pull it off... just for the shadow effect.. but it has to be like a 1 or 2 maximum.

Quote Originally Posted by c5000 View Post
    Hi all
    If outcome 2 occurs and my donor starts to look thin, couldn't I just use body hair (from the back of my neck and my chest/back), to give a little and I mean "a little" more density back to the donor?
    Maybe, but I wouldn't assume you can or what the yield might be. I thought my beard hair would be a no-brainer to use as it's strong but whilst I was there Dr Gho gave me the once over and said my beard hair was not suitable for transplantation

How much is HST 1200 grafts?

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    How much is HST 1200 grafts?
    Hasci Rates

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    I would of thought neck hair is ok to transplant?

Personally I have a heap of unnecessary neck hair, which i've always hated. It's very similar to the type of hair on my scalp, just a bit thinner. It literally extends my hair line down my neck too far - i'm constantly having to use a trimmer down my neck (back and sides), so I think it would be a win/win scenario for me to have it done?

Is there any particular leading surgeon who transplants neck hair?

Would HASCI transplant neck hair for me?

Quote Originally Posted by sanook View Post
    I would of thought neck hair is ok to transplant?

Personally I have a heap of unnecessary neck hair, which i've always hated. It's very similar to the type of hair on my scalp, just a bit thinner. It literally extends my hair line down my neck too far - i'm constantly having to use a trimmer down my neck (back and sides), so I think it would be a win/win scenario for me to have it done?

Is there any particular leading surgeon who transplants neck hair?

Would HASCI transplant neck hair for me?
    Dr. Umar uses nape hair in his hairlines.

I have just taken lots of 6-month update photos, and I'm somewhat surprised what I can very very clearly see in these photos - because of this:

So according to Dr. Gho's "Proof of Concept" study, regrowth of the implanted HST grafts started 5-8 month after implantation. That means, at the moment, I should actually either see still nothing or very short hairs - but in my opinion and according to the new 6-month photos, I can actually see the "final result" - and I really really like the hairline I created ...

Furthermore, everything looks totally natural so far (disribution of the hairs, angeling etc) - BUT, of course, not extremely dense everything, because you can't get this with just 1400 grafts within such a big area.

Nevertheless, I really like what I can see so far ...