+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 29 years old MPB

I am 29 and I have been viewing this board for awhile. I have been taking propecia since mid-october (which means almost 8 months) and I have gotten no results. I'm not sure why this is, I also started taking nizoral shampoo once a week or so maybe 3-4 months ago.

I haven't had any shedding, don't see any hairs around or anything but I also feel no effect of the propecia or nizoral shampoo.

My hairloss is really starting to accelerate over the last 4-5 months (maybe this is shedding but I doubt it? hairline keeps receding and I'm starting to see the crown pattern of the thinning compared to the sides very clearly)

I would say I am NW3-4, dad and uncle are NW7. I am going to provide pics soon in this thread.

Really looking for some advice, I have no problem continuing the propecia but after 8 months just not sure it is working.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveC9114 View Post
    I am 29 and I have been viewing this board for awhile. I have been taking propecia since mid-october (which means almost 8 months) and I have gotten no results. I'm not sure why this is, I also started taking nizoral shampoo once a week or so maybe 3-4 months ago.

I haven't had any shedding, don't see any hairs around or anything but I also feel no effect of the propecia or nizoral shampoo.

My hairloss is really starting to accelerate over the last 4-5 months (maybe this is shedding but I doubt it? hairline keeps receding and I'm starting to see the crown pattern of the thinning compared to the sides very clearly)

I would say I am NW3-4, dad and uncle are NW7. I am going to provide pics soon in this thread.

Really looking for some advice, I have no problem continuing the propecia but after 8 months just not sure it is working.
    Just took these 3 pics. It is crazy to see my hair from the top, it definitely looks way, way worse than when I look in the mirror in the morning or taking a pic of my face straight on.

I suppose it is possible I am shedding? I dunno, I don't ever see hair around me or comeoff in the shower or anything. I had a decent amount more hair than this when I started taking it 8 months ago though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	get-attachment9999.jpg

Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	21375   Click image for larger version

Name:	get-attachment99991.jpg

Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	21376   Click image for larger version

Name:	get-attachment99999.jpg

Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	21377  

Just wanted to say i've readup on hair transplants and that just seems like something I'd hope to avoid.

I guess I am wondering what is next, I'll pretty much try anything

Minoxodil
    Extreme Laser Comb from hair club? (the amazon reviews aren't bad)
    Dursteridegdskjg or whatever its called

I really want don't to go bald...

Any general living tips that are contributing to hair loss? I guess I need to make sure my scalp is cleaner on a regular basis? I use nizoral shampoo is there another kind I should use as well?

Propecia is suppose to prevent/slow down your loss. If you aren't losing your hair at the same rate you were before you started taking it then consider it a success. Some people may get some re-growth but its a very small group and the regrowth is usually nothing to write home about. If you want and try to regrow some hair you can give Minoxodil a try, its really you're only choice.

dont waste your money on a laser comb

if u have no sides continue with the propecia for another 4-6 months, sometimes it takes over a year to see positive effects

try minox, atleast ur hair is short and it should be easy to apply daily

Quote Originally Posted by nynex View Post
    Propecia is suppose to prevent/slow down your loss. If you aren't losing your hair at the same rate you were before you started taking it then consider it a success. Some people may get some re-growth but its a very small group and the regrowth is usually nothing to write home about. If you want and try to regrow some hair you can give Minoxodil a try, its really you're only choice.

I started taking it in mid-Oct and I'd say my hair loss has shed at a higher rate since I started (this maybe just natural progression)

I just bought some minoxodil yesterday so hopefully that can work.

What about switching from propecia to avodart? anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    dont waste your money on a laser comb

if u have no sides continue with the propecia for another 4-6 months, sometimes it takes over a year to see positive effects

try minox, atleast ur hair is short and it should be easy to apply daily
    Yeah Dan, I just shaved my head yesterday. I have no problem shaving it while I'm going bald since it makes it easier to apply minox to the scalp and since I feel like I'm can't really grow a full head of hair anymore anyway

Quote Originally Posted by DaveC9114 View Post
    Yeah Dan, I just shaved my head yesterday. I have no problem shaving it while I'm going bald since it makes it easier to apply minox to the scalp and since I feel like I'm can't really grow a full head of hair anymore anyway

Does anyone have any opinions on me switching from propecia to avodart? Been on propecia 8 months with no results, avodart seems more lethal and better

Will this start the whole process over or can I seamlessly transition from propecia to avodart without losing whatever effects avodart had.

Hey man, a similar thing happened to me while using Propecia. I noticed I was developing a tiny bald spot in my crown so I started Propecia and within about two months of starting it I noticed diffuse thinning at the hair line and top of my head. There are no bald spots developed, but it is definitely thinner because I can see some scalp. My hair before I started was thick in these areas.

I read about the "Propecia shed" and always assumed it would grow back, but it has been about 16 months now with no improvement. I'm not absolutely positive, but I don't think It has gotten worse since the "shed" though (over a year ago). Maybe I was bound to lose that hair anyway, and Propecia is helping me to keep the hair I currently have? I don't know, but It was a shock to start something and have it do so much damage to my hair when I was hoping for an improvement.

Any other suggestions?

Strongly considering switching to avodart to go with minoxodil and nizoral for my treatment