+ Reply to Thread

Default Hair Multiplication already achieved

With many people disappointed with recent results of companies like Histogen and Aderans, I keep coming back to the same article that I've posted a few times here: http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=a6OdEa5VFNV8.

In this study, hair multiplication was achieved and the hair regrowth results were phenomenal. Although this study was performed on children with alopecia areata, the methodology that this doctor used could also very well be applied to people with male pattern baldness. I mean, she extracted a small biopsy of a hair-bearing area of the scalp, multiplied the stem cells in culture, and then re-injected them into the bald areas of the childrens' scalps with phenomenal results.

This study was actually able to achieve what companies like Aderans, Histogen, and Replicel were not, yet this study seems to be completely ignored by the hair loss industry.

Hey Desmond my bro, what do you think of this study?

It's interesting, but it has that... I dont know... 'PRP' ring to it?

Sounds like it should work but it won't be cheap!

I remember you posting this before. It's definitely interesting; have you at all tried contacting the people who conducted it by email?

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    With many people disappointed with recent results of companies like Histogen and Aderans, I keep coming back to the same article that I've posted a few times here: http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=a6OdEa5VFNV8.

In this study, hair multiplication was achieved and the hair regrowth results were phenomenal. Although this study was performed on children with alopecia areata, the methodology that this doctor used could also very well be applied to people with male pattern baldness. I mean, she extracted a small biopsy of a hair-bearing area of the scalp, multiplied the stem cells in culture, and then re-injected them into the bald areas of the childrens' scalps with phenomenal results.

This study was actually able to achieve what companies like Aderans, Histogen, and Replicel were not, yet this study seems to be completely ignored by the hair loss industry.

Hey Desmond my bro, what do you think of this study?
    Hey brother, I am not as familiar with Alopecia Areata as I am with AGA but from what I understand it is a "auto-immune condition" where your immune cells attack your hair...it's a bit different to Androgenetic Alopecia...and you lose your hair in a different pattern...

But Aderans is doing exactly that so we might know sometimes this year if this method will actually work in AGA...

I'm guessing things didn't pan out as she'd hoped. This article is from 2009 and states that she was going to try a larger test group and then move to AGA if the test group benefitted. Guessing that never happened, but who knows? Really getting tired of all the "potential" cures popping up lately. Just shows us that we've got a long way to go...

I googled her a little bit at one point, but I wonder if the situation in Egypt has anything to do with her falling off the radar.

UK - This really isn't like PRP at all. PRP is basically where certain chemicals are centrifuged out of a portion of a person's blood and then injected into the scalp in the hopes of stimulating hair growth. In Dr. Fawzi's experiment, healthy stem cells were extracted, multiplied in culture, and then injected into the scalp.

Clandestine - I have actually tried to contact Dr. Fawzi several times but have not received any response.

Desmond - I always appreciate your contributions bro. I know that alopecia areata is different from androgenetic alopecia, but due to the methodology that she used, people with androgenetic alopecia should also theoretically be able to regrow hair. I mean, she didn't use a type of corticosteroid to suppress the immune system so that it would not attack vulnerable hair follicles. Her method did not even address that malfunctioning immune system of people with alopecia areata. Instead, she extracted a small biopsy of healthy hair stem cells, multiplied them in culture, and then injected them into bald areas of the scalp. And she achieved absolutely remarkable results. She basically accomplished what Aderans and Replicel have been trying to accomplish, but have failed at so far.

Conpecia - If Dr. Fawzi's method did not pan out amongst a larger group of people, I'd really like to see evidence to that effect. Otherwise, I really cannot assume. After all, we've seen so many potential treatments/cures that have not been pursued and not because of their lack of efficacy. IMO, the hair loss industry is so incredibly corrupt and I wouldn't put it past the industry to try and suppress her findings.