So it begins... I filled my Finasteride rx in the US...and was given a generic

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cs2257
    • Mar 2013

So it begins... I filled my Finasteride rx in the US...and was given a generic

I filled my prescription at a Kaiser pharmacy in California and was given Dr Reddy's Finasteride....
    The kicker is that they charged me $80. I thought generics were supposed to be cheaper...

Has the patent not ended and Merck is still getting a cut? Or do I need to switch health insurance?
  • spm
    • Apr 2011

I was with Kaiser before and wouldn't recommend. I use to get propecia at Sams for $65 and a few years ago I switched to generic finasteride 5mg and cut it in quarters and it equals out to $3 a month. Sounds like you got ripped off.

Comment

• burtandernie
      • Nov 2012

Yeah it never ceases to amaze how ridiculous some of the prescription prices are I mean some of the cancer drugs are just insanely priced I dont know what hat they draw these prices from.
      If I remember right dr reddy is the first generic drug maker and they get to make propecia exclusively for like 3 months or something. So they charge whatever they want until other companies can start making it and then the price should fall a lot more.
      Generic finasteride 5mg is proscar and not really meant for hair loss but its the same drug so its a lot cheaper, but not approved for hair loss.

Comment

Working...