+ Reply to Thread

Default whats going on at aderans?

as we are all well aware of the fact that aderans is now in phase 2 of their hair multiplication protocol. but i studied their website this week and noticed a change in their website, that really upset me. for a long time they stated that their hair multiplication process would be available " by the end of the decade", meaning by the end of 2010 at the latest. but know all of a sudden their wording has changed they now state that hair multiplication will be available"in the coming years", what exactly does this mean, unfortunately i do not perceive this as good news.

enlighten me...I am not sure what "aderans" is? But I'm curious.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

Aderans is a large company that is very powerful in the hair industry and owns both Bosley and MHR. All of the organizations that are currently working on hair multiplication/cloning are saying that they have had major breakthroughs and are much closer to having a successful formula. However, when asked about a time frame for release they have no definitive answer. The bottom line is it could be next year or five years from now. The problem is that they said the same thing 10 years ago. I really hope that something happens in the near future that will make many people better candidates for hair transplantation.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Doctor Charles:

Do you believe that when this technology does become available, that those of us that have already had hair transplants can still benefit from it? For example, to add even more hair/hair density?

I am 36, geraing up for my 2nd HT at the end of this month. Something that is always in the back of my mind is: should I wait? But I don't want to put my life on hold, and I know I could benefit from another HT. But let's say I am 46 years old whenn this technology becomes available. As a former hair transplant patient, do you believe I could still benefit from this new technology?

TeeJay

Joe, I do think that if this technology becomes available that those patients that have had hair transplants already would still be candidates. I also agree that you should not wait around for some future, who knows when technology to make yourself happier. If there is a possible way to increase your self esteem or confidence, go for it. Things are important right now while you are still young. Live for today. Nobody knows how much longer we are going to be here. At the same time you can remain confident that if something new comes along, you will be ready for that also.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    View my IAHRS Profile

Brilliant advice! Thank you Doctor Charles.

TeeJay

Dr Charles,

Is it acceptable to surgeons for a not very good candidate to put forward as a plan, that they would be willing to wear a hair piece of some sort on the crown later on in order for dense work to be done on the frontal region?

Thanks

Some patients have hair loss in the frontal, middle, and crown areas and do not have enough donor hair to give coverage of the entire balding area with any reasonable density. One option for these patients who are requesting hair in all three zones is to transplant the frontal 1/2 to 2/3 and wear a small hair system in the crown. I would tell the patient that they could wear it only on certain occations or wear it on a regular basis until they reach an age when they felt comfortable taking it off. There is always the possibility of some new technology coming along and solving the lack of available donor problem in these patients.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    View my IAHRS Profile