+ Reply to Thread

Default Caddarik and GC83 UK - Need some Input

Hey guys,

I've attached a picture of my current hairline. I've had two HTs, but you can see the sides have now recessed and I intend to fill in the temple areas somewhat with about 1000-1200 grafts from Gho in September, using his method without shaving my head. Since my hair is long right now, I expect I can return to work after about a week and then get a normal haircut after about three weeks.
    Question 1: does this sound like realistic expectations?
    Question 2: I'm a little confused about the new hairs growing in. From the pictures I've seen, it looks like small hairs sprouting gradually. So, will it look funny if I have my hair short (around 1.5 cm in front, combed forward) while the new hairs are growing in? Or, will the just look like vellus hairs?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20130604_082033.jpg

Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	21362  

Quote Originally Posted by LT56 View Post
    Hey guys,

I've attached a picture of my current hairline. I've had two HTs, but you can see the sides have now recessed and I intend to fill in the temple areas somewhat with about 1000-1200 grafts from Gho in September, using his method without shaving my head. Since my hair is long right now, I expect I can return to work after about a week and then get a normal haircut after about three weeks.
    Question 1: does this sound like realistic expectations?
    Question 2: I'm a little confused about the new hairs growing in. From the pictures I've seen, it looks like small hairs sprouting gradually. So, will it look funny if I have my hair short (around 1.5 cm in front, combed forward) while the new hairs are growing in? Or, will the just look like vellus hairs?
    Tough to answer, hence why you've probably had no replies.

The thing is, when you have all these little hair implanted in the temple area, they are going to be approx 5mm long, and your asking for 1000 of them. So your going to notice them next to your long hair. But I don't think that's a big deal.

I guess your worried about people asking questions, you just say that you've had some regrowth and your not complaining about it End of conversation.

Most of the new hair will start growing immediately, so of it doesn't and falls after 2 - 4 weeks. All of these will regrow usually between 3 - 6 months.

I don't understand the plan with your hair cut? Are you going to cut it 1.5cm all over to match with your donor area? That would seem fine!

Also if you did cut it short all over the new hairs at the front would blend in and look completely normal.

Thanks, GC83UK. Yeah, what you're saying makes sense. I've attached a photo from someone at day 7 (don't remember his name, it may even have been you) and it looks like almost all the grafts survived.
    I have to be careful not to cut the hair too close because I still have strip scars.
    Finally, I'm trying to make the trip as cheap as humanly possible, so I'm hoping to use public transport to get from the airport to the area near the clinic (otherwise it's a 32km taxi ride) and stay in a hostel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	day7.jpg

Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	21388