+ Reply to Thread

Default Need some advice, what do you guys think?

Okay, so I've posted here before (you can check my first thread for my hair loss back then) and I think it's gotten worse since then. I'm 23 and have been going through hairloss for about 1-1.5 years now. I'm now actually going to fight this back and see what I can do to prevent more as well as regain hair.

Before I would use rogaine on and off (wrong way to use it) and sometimes I'd see results and sometimes I wouldn't. I am now so determined to gain my hair back and have fully commited to the regime I have.

I went to the doc yesterday and with the purpose of getting a script for Procepia. I went in and she said I'm lucky that It's not any "disease" or anything like that that's causing my balding/thinning but I do have MPB. She was somewhat suprised that I was getting it at such a young age. She then prescribed me Finasteride which she said was the same as Procepia and told me to start taking the pills like so: take 1 pill and cut it into quarters and take one a day. Pretty much just taking 1/4 a pill a day so the script for 120 pills gets timed by 4 which can last me over a year.

I'm hoping it works seeing as how small the pill is as is and even smaller when it's cut into 4s but fingers crossed. I've also been reading around here about Dut which is supposed to be a stronger fin....Should I have asked about dut instead??? I want to get the best of the best to end this hair loss problem. Any advice or anything like that would be appreciated and I'll also post my regime as well as pictures.

Regime:
    -Rogaine 2x a day (going to start the extra strength once this bottle is done)
    -Finasteride 1/4 a pill a day everyday
    -Biotin as well as general vitamins for overall health

I was also planning on doing a hair transplant (if it comes down to it) eventually.

Here are pictures of my hair right after a shower with it all wet, it's pretty bad. Dry it's still pretty noticable but obviously not as much as when soaking wet...Of course I don't wear my hair like the picture, I just spread it in the middle to show the hair loss. Judging by these pictures, can someone tell me how bad it really looks like it got? here it goes:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg

Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	21358   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg

Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	21359   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg

Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	21360   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg

Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	21361  

Finasteride is the name of the drug. Propecia is the 1mg tablet and it's also sold in 5mg form which is what you've got. It's the same drug. Cutting the 5mg tablet is a much more cost-effective way of doing it. The physical size of the pill doesn't matter! It's what's in it that counts.

You have a diffuse hair loss pattern. This is when the hair thins out over the top of the head rather than receding from the hairline. 23 is young but you aren't alone in experiencing this at your age (and you aren't the youngest MPB sufferer by a long way).

Finasteride can be very effective on your type of hair loss and your regimen includes the most effective treatments. You do have to give them time to work though. Assess your progress over the next 12 months and keep us updated.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Quote Originally Posted by HairlossAK View Post
    Okay, so I've posted here before (you can check my first thread for my hair loss back then) and I think it's gotten worse since then. I'm 23 and have been going through hairloss for about 1-1.5 years now. I'm now actually going to fight this back and see what I can do to prevent more as well as regain hair.

Before I would use rogaine on and off (wrong way to use it) and sometimes I'd see results and sometimes I wouldn't. I am now so determined to gain my hair back and have fully commited to the regime I have.

I went to the doc yesterday and with the purpose of getting a script for Procepia. I went in and she said I'm lucky that It's not any "disease" or anything like that that's causing my balding/thinning but I do have MPB. She was somewhat suprised that I was getting it at such a young age. She then prescribed me Finasteride which she said was the same as Procepia and told me to start taking the pills like so: take 1 pill and cut it into quarters and take one a day. Pretty much just taking 1/4 a pill a day so the script for 120 pills gets timed by 4 which can last me over a year.

I'm hoping it works seeing as how small the pill is as is and even smaller when it's cut into 4s but fingers crossed. I've also been reading around here about Dut which is supposed to be a stronger fin....Should I have asked about dut instead??? I want to get the best of the best to end this hair loss problem. Any advice or anything like that would be appreciated and I'll also post my regime as well as pictures.

Regime:
    -Rogaine 2x a day (going to start the extra strength once this bottle is done)
    -Finasteride 1/4 a pill a day everyday
    -Biotin as well as general vitamins for overall health

I was also planning on doing a hair transplant (if it comes down to it) eventually.

Here are pictures of my hair right after a shower with it all wet, it's pretty bad. Dry it's still pretty noticable but obviously not as much as when soaking wet...Of course I don't wear my hair like the picture, I just spread it in the middle to show the hair loss. Judging by these pictures, can someone tell me how bad it really looks like it got? here it goes:
    As Spencer says, try buzzing it to a #1 before you do anything else. You'll have all the ladies jumping after you if you do this.

Quote Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    Finasteride is the name of the drug. Propecia is the 1mg tablet and it's also sold in 5mg form which is what you've got. It's the same drug. Cutting the 5mg tablet is a much more cost-effective way of doing it. The physical size of the pill doesn't matter! It's what's in it that counts.

You have a diffuse hair loss pattern. This is when the hair thins out over the top of the head rather than receding from the hairline. 23 is young but you aren't alone in experiencing this at your age (and you aren't the youngest MPB sufferer by a long way).

Finasteride can be very effective on your type of hair loss and your regimen includes the most effective treatments. You do have to give them time to work though. Assess your progress over the next 12 months and keep us updated.
    Thanks for your reply and advice, I really appreciate it. I will be taking pictures of my hair weekly and expect (hopefully) to start seeing results from 4-6 months and then 6 months- 1 year. I'm hoping this works. I'm also going to include one of those Hairmax Lasercombs to my regime soon. I will keep everyone here updated.

I also heard about this thing called lipogaine and I'm wondering if I should switch to that after this bottle of Rogaine. What do you suggest? I've heard it was good mainly from that hairlossfromsteroids guy, but I'm trying to get everyones consensus.

Quote Originally Posted by FlightTL View Post
    As Spencer says, try buzzing it to a #1 before you do anything else. You'll have all the ladies jumping after you if you do this.
    LOL I don't think I'll actually buzz it, but thanx!