+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default whats the problem with Gho??

other than $$...?

and whats with this new stem cell injection mentioned on his website??

thx

Quote Originally Posted by stayhopeful View Post
    other than $$...?

and whats with this new stem cell injection mentioned on his website??

thx
    Problem is that HASCI advices patients who want to be able to shave their heads not to do more than 3 HST's.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Problem is that HASCI advices patients who want to be able to shave their heads not to do more than 3 HST's.
    Does that imply that the regeneration rate of 80% seems inaccurate...i.e. if there was 80% regeneration the donor would not be depleted after 3 HTs?

Quote Originally Posted by garethbale View Post
    Does that imply that the regeneration rate of 80% seems inaccurate...i.e. if there was 80% regeneration the donor would not be depleted after 3 HTs?
    Donor is not depleted after 3 HST's, not at all. They're only saying that it start to visibly negatively impact your donor after 3 HST's and therefore they advice you to not do more than 3 (IF you want to be able to shave your hair short). In my opinion that's indeed a way of saying that regeneration is less than 80% (more like 50-60%).

Donor is not depleted after 3 HST's, not at all. They're only saying that it start to visibly negatively impact your donor after 3 HST's and therefore they advice you to not do more than 3 (IF you want to be able to shave your hair short). In my opinion that's indeed a way of saying that regeneration is less than 80% (more like 50-60%).

Well I would say 5500 grafts is the max if you want to shave, because that is about what DS is at after his 3rd HST....

if someone got 1000 grafts each time, I'm sure they could do more than 3 HST's

Quote Originally Posted by stayhopeful View Post
    other than $$...?
    You can get cosmetically better results elsewhere.

Not a problem in itself, more like 1 factor in a judgment call you must make for yourself.

This is getting out of control. I'm going to email Deborah tonight/tomorrow a few questions and post the answers.

First thing I'm going to ask her is what is this shit about only being able to have 3 HST's before the donor is starting to become visibly thinner, (this is what you've been told Arashi, right?)

If she agrees with that statement, then I will push for more details and specific numbers. E.g 3 HSTs equate to approx 4000-5000 grafts. Assuming we're saying 80% is the magic number, we're basically saying once you lose 1000 grafts you can visibly see it!

IMO... losing 1000 grafts on a normal-average donor area is NOT a problem with HST. (Forget about comparisons with FUE, that is pointless).

So this begs the question, why are they only advising 3 HSTs before the donor area 'gaps' start to show? (Esp on shaved heads)

Feel free to add any questions which I can put forward, as long as they're short and not over complicated I'm sure she'll answer them.

Quote Originally Posted by gc83uk View Post
    This is getting out of control. I'm going to email Deborah tonight/tomorrow a few questions and post the answers.

First thing I'm going to ask her is what is this shit about only being able to have 3 HST's before the donor is starting to become visibly thinner, (this is what you've been told Arashi, right?)

If she agrees with that statement, then I will push for more details and specific numbers. E.g 3 HSTs equate to approx 4000-5000 grafts. Assuming we're saying 80% is the magic number, we're basically saying once you lose 1000 grafts you can visibly see it!

IMO... losing 1000 grafts on a normal-average donor area is NOT a problem with HST. (Forget about comparisons with FUE, that is pointless).

So this begs the question, why are they only advising 3 HSTs before the donor area 'gaps' start to show? (Esp on shaved heads)

Feel free to add any questions which I can put forward, as long as they're short and not over complicated I'm sure she'll answer them.
    Good idea GC ! BTW, IM was told something similar: http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showpos...6&postcount=33

Good idea GC ! BTW, IM was told something similar: http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showpos...6&postcount=33
    Hmm, I think it's just Hasci being their usual conservative self!

If we're using the same example of 5000 grafts then I guess if you look close enough you probably will see 1000 graft-gaps, but I know you suspect it's probably closer to 2000 graft-gaps.

Is there anything else we don't have answers to? (other than the obvious 50 graft test situation being a complete ****up).

Quote Originally Posted by gc83uk View Post
    Hmm, I think it's just Hasci being their usual conservative self!

If we're using the same example of 5000 grafts then I guess if you look close enough you probably will see 1000 graft-gaps, but I know you suspect it's probably closer to 2000 graft-gaps.

Is there anything else we don't have answers to? (other than the obvious 50 graft test situation being a complete ****up).
    I guess my main question is this. Most people agree that a 2000 FUE will only slightly thin the average donor. If regrowth is really 80%, that means that 5 HST's would have the same effect on a donor as 1 FUE. Why then does HASCI advice people who want to be able to shave their heads to only have max 3 HST's ? Also, why aren't there still ANY photo's out there of people who had more than 5k HST grafts ?