Dr. Cotsarelis New Discovery that may finally cure Baldness (June 3rd, 2013)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Westonci
    • Feb 2010

Dr. Cotsarelis New Discovery that may finally cure Baldness (June 3rd, 2013)

Creativity can be learned, and everyone can develop good copy. One Led Inc's Lead Copywriter Brianne Dromey showed us a complete framework on how to ace the process and write unique headlines.

I think this is the real deal. Fingers crossed!
  • hellouser
    • May 2012

Someone should pay Cotsarelis a visit with a swift kick in the ass and tell him to hurry the ***** up.

Comment

• Thinning87
      • Dec 2012

I'm sure they are working on it...

Comment

• KJ1982
        • Dec 2012

Very exciting stuff. It's taking time but with each new piece of information, no matter how slight, it's another step in the right direction...

Comment

• Westonci
          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by KJ1982
          Very exciting stuff. It's taking time but with each new piece of information, no matter how slight, it's another step in the right direction...
          This is a very exciting! This solves the mystery of the WNT induced hair regeneration after wounding they announced in 2007

Circa 2007
          Hate that you're losing your hair? Dr. Nancy Snyderman reports on a new treatment that might allow you to grow new locks.

Comment

• KJ1982
            • Dec 2012

Of course, the fact that the next step is using "a specific, well-known and studied drug" makes it all the more exciting; should it prove successful then, hopefully, it would mean that it could potentially be a lot sooner in becoming a commercial product due to not having to undergo trials specific to the drug.

Of course, that's a far off and not yet guaranteed possibility but fingers crossed...

Comment

• rdawg
              • Jun 2012

Alright so i should just cut off a layer of skin, inject this stuff and voila my hair is back!

no but really this sounds promising, and any good news no matter how far the product may be away is still great.

They are figuring it out, it's taking far, far too long, but people are putting in work to get this solved.

What I can hope is they discover something that we can actually get our hands on, rather than some kind of injection or weird protein we cant touch.

Comment

• The Alchemist
                • Mar 2011

I guess Follica's going to rewind the tape back to 2008 and start over.

Nice to see that they are definitively saying they can create "new" hair follicles. Which is a much better starting point than where they began with the lithium wounding approach. Let's hope that they have good success with a commercially available compound!

The do it yourself'ers need to get cracking on Fgf9 drugs!

Comment

• MrBlonde
                  • Jul 2012

Is this ever going to come to market though?

I think when it does all of us will be slick

Comment

• rdawg
                    • Jun 2012

Originally posted by The Alchemist

The do it yourself'ers need to get cracking on Fgf9 drugs!
                    What has FGf9 in it? where do you get this?

isn't it also an issue that you'd have to damage that area of the skin to cause new follicles? just taking FGF9 may not doing anything!

Comment

• Westonci
                      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by rdawg

isn't it also an issue that you'd have to damage that area of the skin to cause new follicles? just taking FGF9 may not doing anything!
                      This article kind of explains what Fgf9 is and its function.

Comment

• The Alchemist
                        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by rdawg

I meant they need to find drugs that stimulate Fgf9 - the links to Cot's paper has the info.

And you do have to damage the tissue, however, based on the do it yourself experiments that were going on back when Follica was going at it with the lithium approach, it's not hard to do. I do believe some guys were getting a little growth with wounding - they were, believe it or not, lightly sandpapering areas of their noggin and applying lithium gel or whatever.

Comment

• Westonci
                          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by The Alchemist
                          I meant they need to find drugs that stimulate Fgf9.

And you do have to damage the tissue, however, based on the do it yourself experiments that were going on back when Follica was going at it with the lithium approach, it's not hard to do. I do believe some guys were getting a little growth with wounding - they were, believe it or not, lightly sandpapering areas of their noggin and applying lithium gel or whatever.
                          certainly only with wounding. It appears that fgf9 takes advantage of a small time window in which skin cells are in a healing stage, which closely resembles an embryonic stage and triggers the skin cells to form new follicles during that period.

In other words treatment with fgf9 is timed with the wounding phase.

Comment

• TravisB
                            • May 2012

Huh, so Follica isn't dead afterall?

Good.

But as always, most likely nothing will come from it (at least not in the next 10 years)

Comment

• The Alchemist
                              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Westonci
                              certainly only with wounding. It appears that fgf9 takes advantage of a small time window in which skin cells are in a healing stage, which closely resembles an embryonic stage and triggers the skin cells to form new follicles during that period.

In other words treatment with fgf9 is timed with the wounding phase.
                              Yes!

Comment

Working...