Dr. Cotsarelis New Discovery that may finally cure Baldness (June 3rd, 2013)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thinning87
    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by hellouser
    That is ridiculous. Youre saying the major risks with finasteride are nothing to fear in exchange for saw palmetto that has very few side effects and usually very mild, if any? Just get saw palmetto extract at 160mg twice daily and you'll be fine. It promotes prostate health as well and reduces any potential symptoms of BPH you may have (pray they you don't, its not fun).
    You are correct and I shouldn't have quoted Pentaraou: it can work and it can help.

I am also not saying "the major risks with finasteride are nothing to fear in exchange for saw palmetto that has very few side effects and usually very mild, if any".

I am saying Saw Palmetto is often mistaken for something that will not cause side effects because it is natural. It's a DHT blocker just like others. Depending on what doses you take, and obviously your body's reaction to it, you might have side comparable to finasteride or dutasteride. And just like fin or dut, you don't want to take too much of it because it will have consequences on the system.

Thus I refute the logic of "SP is like safer finasteride" because it all depends on the person and the reaction people can have to either one of the products can vary.

Comment

• KO1
      • Jan 2012

Any double blind placebo controlled studies of saw palmetto? Any 10 year efficacy data? Any evidence of a less than 5% incidence of side effects? Any long term clinical data that shows safety?

Yeah, it's just as good as fin and safer, unless you want something pesky called evidence.

Comment

• Pentarou
        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by KO1
        Any double blind placebo controlled studies of saw palmetto? Any 10 year efficacy data? Any evidence of a less than 5% incidence of side effects? Any long term clinical data that shows safety?

Yeah, it's just as good as fin and safer, unless you want something pesky called evidence.
        Quoted for truth.

Comment

• KO1
          • Jan 2012

Also, Moyes is a talented manager, I've been touting him for a while. He'll do fine at ManU, he has a big budget, talented players, and as long as you have those and aren't a total moron, you'll do just fine.

Comment

• UK_
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by KO1

Hate that you're losing your hair? Dr. Nancy Snyderman reports on a new treatment that might allow you to grow new locks.

Comment

• jamil
              • Nov 2012

ar50 I am also 22 years old. I started balding since I was very young probably 13 when I was 15 I started taking Finasteride (propecia 1mg), Minoxidil 5% and Avixis (Alfatradiol) all of that was prescribed by a doctor. Of course i had bad sides with propecia, but every time i stop it for two weeks everything comes back to normal. Give it a try man. Your hair looks good, probably NW1 but if you take finasteride and minox you can save your hair for years to come.

Comment

• didi
                • Nov 2011

Originally posted by jamil
                ar50 I am also 22 years old. I started balding since I was very young probably 13 when I was 15 I started taking Finasteride (propecia 1mg), Minoxidil 5% and Avixis (Alfatradiol) all of that was prescribed by a doctor. Of course i had bad sides with propecia, but every time i stop it for two weeks everything comes back to normal. Give it a try man. Your hair looks good, probably NW1 but if you take finasteride and minox you can save your hair for years to come.

wow, 13 when you started? that's too fkn young to be dealing with HL,how did that feel...

what nw level are you now

Comment

• TravisB
                  • May 2012

I wonder if they actually succeded to grow completely new fully matured cosmetically significant hairs, or only something "hair-like", for example vellus hairs.

These companies like to brag for nothing

Comment

• clandestine
                    • Aug 2011

Originally posted by jamil
                    That's retarded a doctor prescribed you fin at 15.

Irresponsible.

Comment

• The RalphC
                      • Jul 2013

I've stopped my loss dead in it's tracks

It's been only 3 weeks. I've been topically applying a home-made herbal extract (theorically a PDG2 inhibitor) and the shedding has stopped dead in just a few days and I'm now seeing small, dark hairs sprouting out where there were none. The condition of my exisiting hair has dramactically improved. No hair within the shampoo suds on my hands after scrubbing my scalp, no hair in the drain after showering, no hair in my sink or on the bathroom walls after bow-drying.

NOTHING.

I'm not posting details until I use it for a few months because I don't want to make an ass of myself. I took "before" pics and if it all pans out I will share.

I'm posting this only to support the hope that inhibiting PDG2 is the key. Blocking the PDG2 receptor (GPR44) sounds "sexy" but that receptor is also needed for binding with enzymes involved in the growth process, so it's not an option to block receptors - in my theory.

I will post back when I have more proof. HANG IN THERE!

Comment

• Conpecia
                        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by The RalphC
                        It's been only 3 weeks. I've been topically applying a home-made herbal extract (theorically a PDG2 inhibitor) and the shedding has stopped dead in just a few days and I'm now seeing small, dark hairs sprouting out where there were none. The condition of my exisiting hair has dramactically improved. No hair within the shampoo suds on my hands after scrubbing my scalp, no hair in the drain after showering, no hair in my sink or on the bathroom walls after bow-drying.

NOTHING.

I'm not posting details until I use it for a few months because I don't want to make an ass of myself. I took "before" pics and if it all pans out I will share.

I'm posting this only to support the hope that inhibiting PDG2 is the key. Blocking the PDG2 receptor (GPR44) sounds "sexy" but that receptor is also needed for binding with enzymes involved in the growth process, so it's not an option to block receptors - in my theory.

I will post back when I have more proof. HANG IN THERE!

Yet another guy reports completely stopping hairloss on a pgd2 blocker. I'm sure everyone will attack this guy's credibility and lack of photos but I for one am glad we have another account.

Ralph, please keep us updated with pics if anything major happens. Unfortunately I haven't experienced the same luck in roughly 3 weeks on indo/chromo from iron dragon. If you feel like sharing your topical I'd love to see what you're applying. Good luck!

Comment

• KO1
                          • Jan 2012

You need a few months to determine whether you've "completely stopped" hairloss. OMG shedding stopped is not evidence.

Comment

• Conpecia
                            • Sep 2011

why does it matter, when he comes back in 3 months to confirm you'll just say "no pics, some guy claiming he stopped hairloss for 3 months is not evidence." and when he posts pics you'll say his hair just naturally stopped falling out, happens all the time, not evidence.

Comment

• Conpecia
                              • Sep 2011

To those who insist on attacking the pgd2 blocker results:

You're right. Thirty or so random guys, some from Germany, some from UK, some from Italy, some from Brazil, some from US, got together and said let's scam everybody by pretending that mixing cetirizine and water and putting it on our heads stops hairloss in its tracks. We'll make tons of money because, you know, cetirizine isn't cheap as f**ck and readily available in a store down the street from every ****ing one of us or anything...

9 MONTHS LATER (3 months eh?), they're still lying to us all.

Also, twenty or so other random dudes saw this and pulled the same scam with indo/chromo. They all work for ID.

I myself am working for ID. I joined BTT before Costarelis published his findings but I just had these weird visions of something called PGD2 every night. I'd design these elaborate models with Legos and slinkies, never knew why until old Georgie showed me the light!

I just say I'm still shedding on IC combo because I don't want you guys to think I'm a shill. But I am a shill. Tomorrow my shedding will magically stop in its tracks. Just you watch. And no, I don't have pics because that would expose the fact that I'm a lying p.o.s. (obviiii...).

...There are skeptics, and then there are idiots who refuse to connect the dots. PGD2 blockers do at least some good for at least some hairloss sufferers. Deal with it.

Comment

• JulioGP
                                • Feb 2013

Some people in Brazil tried to use Cetirizine for some time without results. Including me.

I also stopped because of the use of Cetirizine bring great risk of glaucoma, something that worried me.

We did a trial some weeks without any results. Those who remained did not claimed anything.

Comment

Working...