+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pentarou View Post
    Saw Palmetto DOES NOT work for treating androgenic hair loss in men. There is NO scientific evidence ANYWHERE that it works, unlike finasteride, which has studies upon studies in its favour. And besides, saw palmetto is a herbal supplement, not a regulated medication. Any and all 'natural' or 'herbal' food supplements are unregulated snake oil.
    correct and let me add what a dermatologist once told me: it's much easier to trust fin because with fin you know what does to expect from a pill whereas saw palmetto comes in all kinds of forms and it's hard to really keep track of whether if you're going above a certain limit.

Saw Palmetto DOES NOT work for treating androgenic hair loss in men. There is NO scientific evidence ANYWHERE that it works, unlike finasteride, which has studies upon studies in its favour. And besides, saw palmetto is a herbal supplement, not a regulated medication. Any and all 'natural' or 'herbal' food supplements are unregulated snake oil.
    saw palmetto did help me so I know that it CAN work. However there isn't much empirical evidence to support it, though studies have been done on propecia due to the amount invested in this drug

Ok then. It sounds promising. I hope it will work for you brother. How much a week do you take?

It definitely DOES work but not for everyone and definitely not anywhere to the degree that Finasteride does. It is a weak anti-androgen. It is a known treatment for benign prostatic hyperplasia which reduces the size of the prostate (afaik, the lining of the prostate) while being an anti-androgen, doctors recommend just as they do with Finasteride, avodart, dutasteride, etc. It not a snake oil and doesnt need regulation since it clearly IS a natural herb.

Do the forum a favour and DO NOT spread lies. You are clearly WRONG here.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning87 View Post
    correct and let me add what a dermatologist once told me: it's much easier to trust fin because with fin you know what does to expect from a pill whereas saw palmetto comes in all kinds of forms and it's hard to really keep track of whether if you're going above a certain limit.
    That is ridiculous. Youre saying the major risks with finasteride are nothing to fear in exchange for saw palmetto that has very few side effects and usually very mild, if any? Just get saw palmetto extract at 160mg twice daily and you'll be fine. It promotes prostate health as well and reduces any potential symptoms of BPH you may have (pray they you don't, its not fun).

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by garethbale View Post
    saw palmetto did help me so I know that it CAN work. However there isn't much empirical evidence to support it, though studies have been done on propecia due to the amount invested in this drug
    I read a lot about herbal treatments, I used a few of them myself. I didnt work out but still there are reports that the worked for a lot of people, so i think i will consider saw palmetto.

I also read something about vitamin C or D in high dosage. What do you guys think about that?

And what is this thread about dr Nigam? can he really give us 100 procent donor regeneration?

I think some of our american brothers in the east coast should try and contact Dr. Cotsarelis.

off topic: garethbale, im a gooner but like bale a lot! I rather see the spurs in CL than Chelsea

Quote Originally Posted by ar50 View Post
    Ok then. It sounds promising. I hope it will work for you brother. How much a week do you take?
    I take it in tandem with propecia mate. My hair loss has not stopped but is reasonably slow. I've been giving consideration to a transplant but I think I will bide my time for a bit

Quote Originally Posted by ar50 View Post

off topic: garethbale, im a gooner but like bale a lot! I rather see the spurs in CL than Chelsea
    haha thanks mate!

I knew we would do our annual bottle job and miss out on it again. Oh well next season should be interesting with no Fergie, new City manager and Mourinho back. Hope we can hang on to Bale as well!

I have a season ticket at Spurs. Do you go to Arsenal much?

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    It not a snake oil and doesnt need regulation since it clearly IS a natural herb.
    If you want my opinion, 'natural' and 'herbal' supplements should be as heavily controlled and regulated as medicines, and vitamin supplements in particular should not be available without prescriptions, due to their potentially dangerous nature.

Do the forum a favour and DO NOT spread lies. You are clearly WRONG here.
    I'm merely stating that it is unethical to give other sufferers false hope by claiming that a herbal supplement will work anywhere as effectively and safely as a legal medication.

This will be an interesting year indeed! Im not a big fan of moyes. He did good things with everton but i dont know if he will be able to do the same with man u.

Unfortunatly I live in the Netherlands. But my family lives in Harrow and when we visit them, I make sure we can cath a game. I have visited the emirates stadium twice. vs botlon ( before the relegation) and vs chelsea. Would like to visit vs chelsea this year now mourinho is back.