+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Joker is not correct, it has not been tested on humans. What has been tested on humans is lithium+wounding.

edit: well ah ****** nvm

Quote Originally Posted by KO1 View Post
    Guys, if any of you actually does this, remember to inhibit PGD2 while wounding. Garza's paper last year stated that PGD2 inhibits new follicle formation - this could have hindered Follica.
    PGD2 is part of the puzzle, indeed!

"Prostaglandin D2 Inhibits Wound-Induced Hair Follicle Neogenesis through the Receptor, Gpr44"
    http://www.nature.com/jid/journal/v1...d2012398a.html

Seems to me everytime Cotsarelis gets involved in the news, the timer is set to 0 and he have to wait 15 years for anything to actually happen... Am I wrong? I mean, what's gonna come out of this in the near future?

^That is not how treatments work...be prepared to wait 10 years. How long is not as important as whether it WORKS. we can do the work ourselves.

" The company has run a series of human clinical trials, including a Phase IIa trial, which have demonstrated follicular neogenesis in humans for the first time."

[source]http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/new-study-identifies-the-role-of-a-key-growth-factor-in-promoting-formation-of-hair-follicles-and-suggests-a-new-therapeutic-approach-to-treat-baldness-209914441.html

Many people believe nothing has been produced from Cots discoveries when in fact Histogen is based off his wnt discovery in 2007 and Follica has been doing trials secretly the whole time. In humans, they were able to create whole new follicles something noone else has achieved. Who knows they could of already started trialing some pdg2/gpr44 blockers. Cots and Follica are out best bet.

Cots is taking the most logical approach of screening for unregulated/down regulated genes in bald vs non-bald scalp and regeneration scenarios.

However I think this particular study is for people with scarring types of alopecia, it seems he is interested in all forms of alopecia not just AGA, which further speaks of his character.

Regarding Cotsarelis plans for AGA, its clear he has also taken into account the pro-growth genes as well as pdg2. I believe he knows much more than just the information shown in the pdg2 study.
    Have a look at this patent brought forward by KO on HS.com:
    http://www.google.ca/patents/EP20379...ff-YGwBQ&cl=en
    ctrl + F example 1

I recommend you read all the examples.
    Here are two very important quotes:
    "[ 00515 ] The genes identified in this Example are all enriched in haired scalp, and are thus 25 therapeutic targets for stimulating hair growth."

"[ 00525 ] ....... Thus, administration of these genes, their protein 10 products, or mimetics and analogues thereof, can be used to stimulate hair growth."

What does this mean?

It doesnt mean he has studied all these genes in depth.

But it does mean he is aware that blocking pdg2/gpr44 may not be enough to stop hairloss you may also need to re-activate these genes/proteins/etc (not quite sure of correct terminology) to make these stem cells (which are still present in bald scalp) produce the progenitor cells again and therefore normal hair.

When he starts his clinical trials (or maybe he already has) I am fully confident that he will be testing much more than just gpr44 blockers.

Something like hair regrowth due to discovery and application of genes and proteins etc is not some linear scale, its exponential. The more its studied the more rapid the line goes vertical.

Meaning, it won't be "10 years" or whatever. Maybe for broke college kids it won't be cost effective, sorry guys, but for us with multiple tens of thousands saved it will be a god send.

I would like to highlight this part again which was posted earlier on in this thread:

Follica has conducted preclinical testing of proprietary device configurations for skin disruption in combination with a number of known and novel drugs. The company has run a series of human clinical trials, including a Phase IIa trial, which have demonstrated follicular neogenesis in humans for the first time. These trials pave the way for the development of a breakthrough combination of a device to produce targeted skin perturbation coupled with a well-studied drug compound.
    Source: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...209914441.html

So, it looks as if they have been making progress all this time, right under our noses they have been conducting a phase IIa trial and have seen NEW HAIR FOLLICLE FORMATION.

This is the only way you can regenerate hair follicles, Histogen DO HAVE the right concept - they're trying to create that embryonic state when hair follicles form for the first time when you're a foetus. However there has to be another compound present in the cascade of events that occur during the process of wound healing that forms new hair follicles - (FGF9) obviously this is NOT EXPRESSED in humans as highly as in rodents due to the sheer necessity of those animals to have fur covering their body (it's simply evolution), I bet you, FGF9 is significantly expressed during the human foetal stage of hair follicle development.

Also the following from the SAME LINK:

The study findings define important differences between mouse and human skin that help explain why humans tend to scar rather than regenerate. Fgf9 triggers a cascade of molecular events leading to hair follicle regeneration. Adding Fgf9 to wounds increases the regeneration of hair follicles in mice lacking gamma/delta T cells in their skin, similar to human skin.
    So this is probably the first time we have heard something like this where they HAVE tested this in humans as well as mice, and it has worked in BOTH MODELS.

I'm still amazed at how secretive Follica are, we havent heard anything from them, no information from even the most cognizant hair loss researchers, and out of the blue they state virtually that the concept they discovered back in 2007 is well and truly back on track.

I think because they're a private company or something, and don't need to raise funds in the same way Hist, Repl, Ader, etc. do? In this way they don't have to disclose anything to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    I think because they're a private company or something, and don't need to raise funds in the same way Hist, Repl, Ader, etc. do? In this way they don't have to disclose anything to the public.
    yeah that would make sense! Holy Cow this is such great news! In your face Iron_Man!!