+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    That is ridiculous. Youre saying the major risks with finasteride are nothing to fear in exchange for saw palmetto that has very few side effects and usually very mild, if any? Just get saw palmetto extract at 160mg twice daily and you'll be fine. It promotes prostate health as well and reduces any potential symptoms of BPH you may have (pray they you don't, its not fun).
    You are correct and I shouldn't have quoted Pentaraou: it can work and it can help.

I am also not saying "the major risks with finasteride are nothing to fear in exchange for saw palmetto that has very few side effects and usually very mild, if any".

I am saying Saw Palmetto is often mistaken for something that will not cause side effects because it is natural. It's a DHT blocker just like others. Depending on what doses you take, and obviously your body's reaction to it, you might have side comparable to finasteride or dutasteride. And just like fin or dut, you don't want to take too much of it because it will have consequences on the system.

Thus I refute the logic of "SP is like safer finasteride" because it all depends on the person and the reaction people can have to either one of the products can vary.

Any double blind placebo controlled studies of saw palmetto? Any 10 year efficacy data? Any evidence of a less than 5% incidence of side effects? Any long term clinical data that shows safety?

Yeah, it's just as good as fin and safer, unless you want something pesky called evidence.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by KO1 View Post
    Any double blind placebo controlled studies of saw palmetto? Any 10 year efficacy data? Any evidence of a less than 5% incidence of side effects? Any long term clinical data that shows safety?

Yeah, it's just as good as fin and safer, unless you want something pesky called evidence.
    Quoted for truth.

Also, Moyes is a talented manager, I've been touting him for a while. He'll do fine at ManU, he has a big budget, talented players, and as long as you have those and aren't a total moron, you'll do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by KO1 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V64ht1r8APo

ar50 I am also 22 years old. I started balding since I was very young probably 13 when I was 15 I started taking Finasteride (propecia 1mg), Minoxidil 5% and Avixis (Alfatradiol) all of that was prescribed by a doctor. Of course i had bad sides with propecia, but every time i stop it for two weeks everything comes back to normal. Give it a try man. Your hair looks good, probably NW1 but if you take finasteride and minox you can save your hair for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    ar50 I am also 22 years old. I started balding since I was very young probably 13 when I was 15 I started taking Finasteride (propecia 1mg), Minoxidil 5% and Avixis (Alfatradiol) all of that was prescribed by a doctor. Of course i had bad sides with propecia, but every time i stop it for two weeks everything comes back to normal. Give it a try man. Your hair looks good, probably NW1 but if you take finasteride and minox you can save your hair for years to come.

wow, 13 when you started? that's too fkn young to be dealing with HL,how did that feel...

what nw level are you now

I wonder if they actually succeded to grow completely new fully matured cosmetically significant hairs, or only something "hair-like", for example vellus hairs.

These companies like to brag for nothing

Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    That's retarded a doctor prescribed you fin at 15.

Irresponsible.

Default I've stopped my loss dead in it's tracks

It's been only 3 weeks. I've been topically applying a home-made herbal extract (theorically a PDG2 inhibitor) and the shedding has stopped dead in just a few days and I'm now seeing small, dark hairs sprouting out where there were none. The condition of my exisiting hair has dramactically improved. No hair within the shampoo suds on my hands after scrubbing my scalp, no hair in the drain after showering, no hair in my sink or on the bathroom walls after bow-drying.

NOTHING.

I'm not posting details until I use it for a few months because I don't want to make an ass of myself. I took "before" pics and if it all pans out I will share.

I'm posting this only to support the hope that inhibiting PDG2 is the key. Blocking the PDG2 receptor (GPR44) sounds "sexy" but that receptor is also needed for binding with enzymes involved in the growth process, so it's not an option to block receptors - in my theory.

I will post back when I have more proof. HANG IN THERE!