+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by szn View Post
    only thing i want to know is: when will this come to market and how much will it cost?
    this is the only thing you wont know at this point we are only mentally masturbating. When a cure is actually coming expect it to make BIG WAVES even before a price is discussed, try to picture how Merck, Kirkland and HT clinics are gonna panic big time. None of them is panicking or making moves to plan a disparition of their buisness at this point so let me tell you no cure is coming in the near future based on that fact alone. Believe me Merck and HT clinics are the people to actually watch when they start packing their shit will be the time to imagine yourself with a full head of stable hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Assemblage23 View Post
    this is the only thing you wont know at this point we are only mentally masturbating. When a cure is actually coming expect it to make BIG WAVES even before a price is discussed, try to picture how Merck, Kirkland and HT clinics are gonna panic big time. None of them is panicking or making moves to plan a disparition of their buisness at this point so let me tell you no cure is coming in the near future based on that fact alone. Believe me Merck and HT clinics are the people to actually watch when they start packing their shit will be the time to imagine yourself with a full head of stable hair.
    Nah dude I don't believe the conspiracy-to-make-more-money-story. Simply because it's implicitly based on the idea (without proof) that Merck and all other large pharma is making more money now than it would if a cure were released. That is not true: only 7% of all baldies are willing to take the currently available meds.

Whoever finds a cure is going to get 95%.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning87 View Post
    Nah dude I don't believe the conspiracy-to-make-more-money-story. Simply because it's implicitly based on the idea (without proof) that Merck and all other large pharma is making more money now than it would if a cure were released. That is not true: only 7% of all baldies are willing to take the currently available meds.

Whoever finds a cure is going to get 95%.
    I never mentioned a conspiracy. Just said that if a cure was realistically coming up it would have a big impact on the hair loss industry. Spencer doesnt even mention it in his podcasts.

Hey guys,

Im pretty new on this forum. I followed this forum for a long time and Im impressed by all the knowledge.

Im 22 years old and I suffer hairloss for 3/4 years now( since 3/4 years it became visible for me) It really changed my life and I dont have the courage to approach girls and I never go out.

Now I read all this exciting news. I really need this because I am really depressed by my hair loss. I wanted to know a few things:

Do you guys thins that Follica has already had human trails and that they are keeping it secret? And what if they already had human trails? How long do you guys think it will take them to finish the treatment?

I posted a pic of my hairline: could someone tell me which norwood I am? and would menoxidil help me keep my hair till Dr Cotsarelis have finished his thing?

Im sorry if I sound dumb and ignorant and my questions are stupid. I have no medical background in contrary to you guys. I really hope someone can help me with clear information. I means a lot to me.

Thanks guys
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	hairline2013.jpg

Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	21433  

Not many members have any medical background.

Your questions aren't dumb, no question is. They're fairly typical, actually. Questions not asked for fear of inadequacy is dumb.

Your hair loss really isn't that bad. Looks like you're a diffuse thinner; it's tough to discern Norwood level with diffuse thinners, as they don't have typical crown and temporal recession.

Have you considered any treatments?

Cheers.

Diffuse thinners probably respond the absolute best, out of all forms of hair loss, to minoxidil and finasteride.

But I'm still against the changing of hormones chemically and rogaine just seems like a PITA.

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    Not many members have any medical background.

Your questions aren't dumb, no question is. They're fairly typical, actually. Questions not asked for fear of inadequacy is dumb.

Your hair loss really isn't that bad. Looks like you're a diffuse thinner; it's tough to discern Norwood level with diffuse thinners, as they don't have typical crown and temporal recession.

Have you considered any treatments?

Cheers.

Hey man

Thanks a lot! I dont know a lot so all the
    Info i get is welcome! I wanted to use propecia
    But the side effects scared me. I am thinking about
    Menoxidil. What i want is to keep this hair and hopefully
    Of the follica thing comes quick, i would use that.
    I was rooting for Histogen but that didnt turned out to be that
    Great after all. What medicine would you recommend?
    And maybe off topic but why do the ht doctors only use the back of the head
    As donor area? Are the sides not good to use?

Thanks again for the info

Ar

Quote Originally Posted by ar50 View Post
    I wanted to use propecia
    But the side effects scared me.
    Up to you brah. Probably worth trying it and seeing how you react; not everyone gets sides.

I am thinking about Menoxidil. What i want is to keep this hair and hopefully Of the follica thing comes quick, i would use that.
    Minoxidil is a growth stimulant. Propecia is a DHT blocker. They work differently, as you can imagine, and by differing mechanism.

Minoxidil might encourage hair growth, while Propecia might help you keep retain your hair. An anti-androgen (aa)(DHT blocker) and growth stimulant will often work in a synergistic manner.

I was rooting for Histogen but that didnt turned out to be that Great after all. What medicine would you recommend?
    Don't wait for Histogen; it's likely too far off.

Minoxidil is fine to start with as a growth stim, as it has a lessened incidence of sides, but you must use it continually and consistently, forever really.

I would try to get on a DHT blocker. This is more tricky, and you must use your best discretion concerning legitimacy, and sides. For this I would recommend either Propecia, RU, or Keratene.

Again, this is my opinion.

And maybe off topic but why do the ht doctors only use the back of the head As donor area? Are the sides not good to use?
    That's a good question; I've literally no idea.

Hmm good points. I am very afraid that my penis will stop working
    If that happens than I should probably become a monk or stop chasing women.

I was disappointed in histogen man that ruines my week.
    Till i read about dr cotsarelis.

What do you think about follica.

Keratene sounds good man i think i will research your recommendations

Thanks bro bless you

No worries.

Word to the wise, and you'll learn this in time, don't become too easily swayed by hair loss news. Good or bad, remain level headed.

If it comes, it will come. And you'll know.

Cheers.