Dr. Cotsarelis New Discovery that may finally cure Baldness (June 3rd, 2013)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ar50
    • May 2013

Originally posted by ar50
    Hey Thinning87

thank you for the info. I am reading a lot about the pro's and con's. In holland we have a famous doctor called Boersma who prescribed this to a lot of people, also women. It turned out that few of them became infertile. I also read a lot about people who say that the side effects are temporary. But the fear keeps me from using it. You know if the side effect was that i would lose weight, gain weight, feel dizzy of have a headache, I would do it. But my penis pretty important to me hehe. I respect your opinion brother and thanks for the help.
    Im sorry this was meant for KO1

Comment

• ar50
      • May 2013

Originally posted by Thinning87
      suggestion: try starting out with lower doses and slowly increase it to as much as you can tolerate it. I went straight to once a day last year, had temporary side effects, saw how much worse my hair got so got back on it not too long afterwards and have been taking it every other day - so far no side effects and seems to be working as I see the early induced shed - at some point I'll increase to as much as my body can take
      So how bad were these side effects? and how do you get lower doses? do you buy them at the pharmacy of you cut it yourself?

Comment

• garethbale
        • Apr 2012

Hey garethbale,

thanks for the info. I heard about saw palmetto I should do more research about it. I dont know if you saw my hairline at my previous post but i would like to have your opinion about it.

Yeaah man i understand i should actually be patient but i have suffered from depression since my hair loss became visible. I dont take pictures of my self and I dont have the courage to approach females. And when I read this forum it makes me happy for a few hours each day. I dont feel sad and I really like that feeling..
        Yeah I saw your picture, obviously you have noticeable thinning but I do not think you have left it too late to address it. You certainly have hair to 'work with' in terms of stabilisation and possible regrowth, and your hairline is still intact. In terms of analysing norwood levels, I really am not a great judge with diffuse thinners. I am a receder myself and have no diffuse thinning. Fortunately my hair loss has been slow.

A DHT blocker, growth stimulant and nizoral (a shampoo which a lot of hair loss sufferers use) might be a good option. Make sure that if you do start a regimen that you are consisent with it and patient as well.

In terms of new treatments, it is important to realise that there is a good chance that if and when they are released, they may work better on people with hair to begin with. It's only my opinion, but I think it is of real importance to try to keep what you have now.

Try not to get too depressed by it either. It won't help you and it can make hair loss worse. I realise this is a difficult thing to deal with but obsessing over it won't help.

Comment

• Thinning87
          • Dec 2012

So how bad were these side effects? and how do you get lower doses? do you buy them at the pharmacy of you cut it yourself?
          two main side effects:

1) Decrease in libido, less sexual drive, erections not as strong but still very much ok, watery semen, decrease in physical performance in sports.

2) Numbness and mental fog.

However, I got back on it because I had a stressful and very irregular lifestyle (unemployed while partying too much and bad living arrangement) and think that must have influenced all that to some extent and maybe now that everything is ok (way less partying and drinking, less computer, more frequent sport activities, more reading, etc.) my body might take it more easily.

I have been on it every other day (instead of every day, so no cutting or anything of the sort) for almost two months now, therefore it might be like comparing apples and oranges, and I did notice some kind of hormonal change as I get extremely horny at random times (strangely it has had the opposite of the side effect in these last two months) and I do notice some abnormal shedding which indicates that it is in fact working.

No sexual side effects whatsoever now, not even the small things no one cares like watery semen.

I am going to wait some time and then start taking it once a day, or at least 4-5 times a week. I want to see if I can go back to once a day while keeping a much healthier lifestyle with more sleep and more importantly sleeping on the same schedule constatnly (thus waking up early every day) - I swim almost every morning before work (20 laps) and feel amazing, and sleep amazing. It all helps.

Comment

• Pentarou
            • Apr 2013

Hey garethbale,

thanks for the info. I heard about saw palmetto I should do more research about it.
            Saw Palmetto DOES NOT work for treating androgenic hair loss in men. There is NO scientific evidence ANYWHERE that it works, unlike finasteride, which has studies upon studies in its favour. And besides, saw palmetto is a herbal supplement, not a regulated medication. Any and all 'natural' or 'herbal' food supplements are unregulated snake oil.

Comment

• Thinning87
              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Pentarou
              Saw Palmetto DOES NOT work for treating androgenic hair loss in men. There is NO scientific evidence ANYWHERE that it works, unlike finasteride, which has studies upon studies in its favour. And besides, saw palmetto is a herbal supplement, not a regulated medication. Any and all 'natural' or 'herbal' food supplements are unregulated snake oil.
              correct and let me add what a dermatologist once told me: it's much easier to trust fin because with fin you know what does to expect from a pill whereas saw palmetto comes in all kinds of forms and it's hard to really keep track of whether if you're going above a certain limit.

Comment

• garethbale
                • Apr 2012

saw palmetto did help me so I know that it CAN work. However there isn't much empirical evidence to support it, though studies have been done on propecia due to the amount invested in this drug

Comment

• ar50
                  • May 2013

Ok then. It sounds promising. I hope it will work for you brother. How much a week do you take?

Comment

• hellouser
                    • May 2012

It definitely DOES work but not for everyone and definitely not anywhere to the degree that Finasteride does. It is a weak anti-androgen. It is a known treatment for benign prostatic hyperplasia which reduces the size of the prostate (afaik, the lining of the prostate) while being an anti-androgen, doctors recommend just as they do with Finasteride, avodart, dutasteride, etc. It not a snake oil and doesnt need regulation since it clearly IS a natural herb.

Do the forum a favour and DO NOT spread lies. You are clearly WRONG here.

Comment

• hellouser
                      • May 2012

Originally posted by Thinning87
                      correct and let me add what a dermatologist once told me: it's much easier to trust fin because with fin you know what does to expect from a pill whereas saw palmetto comes in all kinds of forms and it's hard to really keep track of whether if you're going above a certain limit.
                      That is ridiculous. Youre saying the major risks with finasteride are nothing to fear in exchange for saw palmetto that has very few side effects and usually very mild, if any? Just get saw palmetto extract at 160mg twice daily and you'll be fine. It promotes prostate health as well and reduces any potential symptoms of BPH you may have (pray they you don't, its not fun).

Comment

• ar50
                        • May 2013

Originally posted by garethbale
                        saw palmetto did help me so I know that it CAN work. However there isn't much empirical evidence to support it, though studies have been done on propecia due to the amount invested in this drug
                        I read a lot about herbal treatments, I used a few of them myself. I didnt work out but still there are reports that the worked for a lot of people, so i think i will consider saw palmetto.

I also read something about vitamin C or D in high dosage. What do you guys think about that?

And what is this thread about dr Nigam? can he really give us 100 procent donor regeneration?

I think some of our american brothers in the east coast should try and contact Dr. Cotsarelis.

off topic: garethbale, im a gooner but like bale a lot! I rather see the spurs in CL than Chelsea

Comment

• garethbale
                          • Apr 2012

Ok then. It sounds promising. I hope it will work for you brother. How much a week do you take?
                          I take it in tandem with propecia mate. My hair loss has not stopped but is reasonably slow. I've been giving consideration to a transplant but I think I will bide my time for a bit

Comment

• garethbale
                            • Apr 2012

off topic: garethbale, im a gooner but like bale a lot! I rather see the spurs in CL than Chelsea
                            haha thanks mate!

I knew we would do our annual bottle job and miss out on it again. Oh well next season should be interesting with no Fergie, new City manager and Mourinho back. Hope we can hang on to Bale as well!

I have a season ticket at Spurs. Do you go to Arsenal much?

Comment

• Pentarou
                              • Apr 2013

Originally posted by hellouser
                              It not a snake oil and doesnt need regulation since it clearly IS a natural herb.
                              If you want my opinion, 'natural' and 'herbal' supplements should be as heavily controlled and regulated as medicines, and vitamin supplements in particular should not be available without prescriptions, due to their potentially dangerous nature.

Do the forum a favour and DO NOT spread lies. You are clearly WRONG here.
                              I'm merely stating that it is unethical to give other sufferers false hope by claiming that a herbal supplement will work anywhere as effectively and safely as a legal medication.

Comment

• ar50
                                • May 2013

This will be an interesting year indeed! Im not a big fan of moyes. He did good things with everton but i dont know if he will be able to do the same with man u.

Unfortunatly I live in the Netherlands. But my family lives in Harrow and when we visit them, I make sure we can cath a game. I have visited the emirates stadium twice. vs botlon ( before the relegation) and vs chelsea. Would like to visit vs chelsea this year now mourinho is back.

Comment

Working...