+ Reply to Thread

Default Switching between branded & generic Finasteride?

Supposing i took genuine Merck Finasteride for say a month, and decided i'd like to continue the treatment, and then ordered a load of generic Finpecia off the 'net - would my body detect a change in supplier? Anyone done this before?

Thanks.

I switched to generic (Finpecia by Cipla) after many years on Propecia. It's the same thing. No change except I save money.

Quote Originally Posted by ravegrover View Post
    I switched to generic (Finpecia by Cipla) after many years on Propecia. It's the same thing. No change except I save money.
    Thanks, that's what I wanted to hear.

where do you guys buy the generic brand online? Im hoping they ship to Canada, its gonna be my first time taking fin very nervous but excited

Quote Originally Posted by goldbondmafia View Post
    where do you guys buy the generic brand online? Im hoping they ship to Canada, its gonna be my first time taking fin very nervous but excited
    UKFINASTERIDE ship Cipla branded Finpecia. Same thing as the branded propecia just works out a lot cheaper in the long-run.

Merck have lost a lot of sales over the past few years and it's because people are finally able to obtain generic finasteride which saves £££ a year.

God knows why people go to Belgravia, they charge something like £150 for 3 months of minoxidil when you can get the Kirkland brand, pay £60 for a whole years supply LOL, you're laughing, people just fall for the whole "Belgravia Central London" malarky and the majority of patients who visit are not forum members so arent very informed. Belgravia is basically a shop that sells Fin and Minox, but they throw so much into marketing they come across as the Mecca of hair loss.

If I remember correctly Cipla has license from Merck to manufacture finasteride so I would expect that to be ok. However, generics in general do not have to be the same thing in order to be labeled as generic legally so many times "generic" is not the same thing as the original.

I can no longer count how many patients I've spoken to that were on name brand Propecia or Proscar and once they switched to generic they started losing ground, then halted the loss again shortly after returning to name brand. I think it's better to be safe than sorry because when you purchase name brand Proscar and take a quarter tablet you still are not spending a lot of money. Even if 30 tablets costs you 100 bucks (which is high) you're still only spending 25 bucks per month and it is the REAL medication with no question of efficacy or potency.
    www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jotronic View Post
    If I remember correctly Cipla has license from Merck to manufacture finasteride so I would expect that to be ok. However, generics in general do not have to be the same thing in order to be labeled as generic legally so many times "generic" is not the same thing as the original.

I can no longer count how many patients I've spoken to that were on name brand Propecia or Proscar and once they switched to generic they started losing ground, then halted the loss again shortly after returning to name brand. I think it's better to be safe than sorry because when you purchase name brand Proscar and take a quarter tablet you still are not spending a lot of money. Even if 30 tablets costs you 100 bucks (which is high) you're still only spending 25 bucks per month and it is the REAL medication with no question of efficacy or potency.
    Hi, thanks for your input - yeah i think if i embark on it, i'd go with branded.