+ Reply to Thread

Default New to the boards

Hi All,

I just signed up to the board a week ago, but have been a lurker for a long time. I've come back to the boards for years, but just decided to make an account because I saw a post that I felt I could add some information to (although by the time my account was activated I can no longer find that post :P).

Anyway, I'm (about to be) 30 y/o with a receding hair line. The best I can explain it is, I am between a norwood 2 and 3.

My story:

About 9 years ago I noticed a very small thinning spot on my left temple. It was tiny, completely unnoticeable to anyone but myself, but thats when I first realized I was going to be bald in a future sooner than I would have liked.

Every since that night when I first realized, I've been slowly but surely growing a bigger forehead. A few years a back I thought maybe I was just getting a 'mature' hairline. My older brother's hairline receded when he was about 22, to a more mature, adult looking hairline, but has held steady there for a number of years (and has no sign of thinning). Funny, because when we were young I used to poke fun at him, saying he would be a 'baldie' when he got older. Joke's on me:P.

Anyway, as my hairline gets further and further back and more friends are joining this very special man club, I've spent more time talking about hairloss, researching things and just generally speculating about the future of this issue. I figured I would join the board and partake in the conversations.

I've never taken any medications or used any topical solutions for my mpb (i'll admit, at 22 I tried scalp exercises, lol). I just haven't been able to get myself to take the risks involved. A lot of my pals, who came to the realization later, are on medications (minox, propec, etc...) and have had some good results; so the option is becoming more viable to me as of recently (seeing the good results first hand, in person, is the best advertisement out there).

That's about it, thanks for the good reads, ya'll.

Well, you seem to not take it to hard (judging from your post) which is good and your hairloss seems to be very slow, so you probably have many years of good hair left. And also, you're lucky to be almost in your 30s with only a 2.5. I was completely ****ed over when it comes to genetics. My hair started receding before i even turned 16 and now at 16 & 1/2 i'm basically a NW2.5..it ****ing sucks and i would get on propecia in a heartbeat if i could..hell i would get on dutasteride if i could

Thanks for the reply man.

I guess I'm dealing with it well. I've had many years to go through all the stages and to finally just accept it all.

I hope the process continues slowly, haha. But im not banking on it.

I feel ya on your situation. NW2.5 at 16 must be rough, but maybe your hairline will just recede and stay put for a while. I had a friend who that happened to. Receded early in life but hasn't moved since.

Cheers mate!