+ Reply to Thread

Default Gascoigne's decision/Looking for opinions

Hello forum friends,
    i am 25 years old male from Bosnia, small country located in South East Europe.

I always had thick and dense curly, almost afro hair. Just to have Elvis hairstyle in my highschool. Then, when i was about 20 years old, i noticet that my temple hair arent so thick as they just to be. Year after i noticed lot of hair coming out while i was taking a shower and i went to internet reading HL fourms and studies.

It was big shock couse i knew that HL is heredity issue and my father is 56 years old with NW 1.5 and some vertex thining, and my mothers father is white NW 2 with just bit age thining (he has 4 brothers and all of them are NW 1.5 - 2).
    However, i know that MPB gene can skip generations and that my good family history is no guarantee.

In my 23 i decided to buzz it off since i also look good with short hairstyle.
    I value much looks and image so i DECIDED to have a HT in next few months. I want to have strong and good hairline, apropriate to my age, and to live next 5 years with full head of hair. I am aware that after 30 i may need another HT, but i will think about that if it happens

Main problem is my hairline which couse my major frustrations last 4 years. My self esteem dropped significantly, since i barely cant stand my outshaped hairline.

My question is:
    is my aproximation correct as i evaluated that i would need 2000 - 2.2500 grafts?
    how to find a good HL surgeon? Should i go for some of top 10 most reputated in Europe (Bisanga, Ferduini...) or give a chance with someone less popular?
    Is it true that price of graft is about 6$ ?
    Finally, what about HL in Turkey, many guys choose it becouse of low grafting price?

Thanky, Gascoigne
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	19857_1251703769939_178433_n.jpg

Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	21341   Click image for larger version

Name:	268790_1950565001033_5694822_n.jpg

Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	21342   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image444.jpg

Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	21343   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1111.jpg

Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	21344   Click image for larger version

Name:	phpewUi69PM.jpg

Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	21345   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF3591.jpg

Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	21346  

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Gascoigne:

Never consider a hair transplant with a doctor who "dabbles" in the art. An inexperienced doctor can mess a patient up big time. If you want a strip procedure, go to a doctor who specializes in strip. If you want FUE, avoid any robotic procedures and see a doctor who has a great deal of experience doing FUE. Resist the temptation of pressuring the doctor into grafting a low hairline. I think Dr. Bisanga and Dr. Ferduini are a good choice and in Belgium I personally like Dr. Mwamba. If you can make it to the US, for FUE, you can probably guess who I recommend...

35YrsAfter works at Dr. Cole's office
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-23-2015 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    Gascoigne:

Never consider a hair transplant with a doctor who "dabbles" in the art. An inexperienced doctor can mess a patient up big time. If you want a strip procedure, go to a doctor who specializes in strip. If you want FUE, avoid any robotic procedures and see a doctor who has a great deal of experience doing FUE. Resist the temptation of pressuring the doctor into grafting a low hairline. I think Dr. Bisanga and Dr. Ferduini are a good choice and in Belgium I personally like Dr. Mwamba. If you can make it to the US, for FUE, you can probably guess who I recommend...

35YrsAfter works at Dr. Cole's office
    US is out of question.
    I wont go for a low hairline couse my original was never low, but normal. I would restore my 4 years ago hairline.

I think Dr. Feriduni would be a good fit for you. He really listens to the patient and seems to meet patient expectations for hairlines. Bisanga is awesome too. Take your time with your research and stick to the big FUE docs in Europe: Feriduni, Bisanga, Lorenzo, Mwamba, Devroye etc. Good luck.

Dr. Mwamba is one of the best up and coming FUE docs in Belgium and his ethics are top as well.

I have first hand experience with him as we used to work together.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin