+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default How to think of "Cutting Edge/Future Treatments"

Treating hairloss in 2013 is not about keeping afloat waiting for a rescue boat to save you, it's merely a struggle treading water until you eventually, inevitably drown. There will be nothing in our life times.

****** off with your negativity brah.

Drama queen.

Do you know what the most crushing thing about all this is? The 'move on, shave your head, work out' people were in the RIGHT the whole time!

Quote Originally Posted by Pentarou View Post
    Do you know what the most crushing thing about all this is? The 'move on, shave your head, work out' people were in the RIGHT the whole time!
    Gotta love the fact that working out and getting in shape will raise your T levels. Its like people just want you to go full bald. I wonder what non-baldies would say if they were faced with this crippling disease?

F*ck no bro. I will pump obscene amounts of antiandrogens through my veins for the rest of my life if that is what it takes. I refuse to go bald.

This is it, the line in the sand is drawn. If it means popping 3mg dut every day from some sketchy pharmacy in India, probably laden with lead or Uranium or some crap, so be it.

ED and radiation poisoning be damned

^ the depressing part is that literally that's all we'll be able to. Hairloss sufferers in 2013 and in EXACTLY the same situation as they would've been in 1993.

^ the depressing part is that literally that's all we'll be able to. Hairloss sufferers in 2013 and in EXACTLY the same situation as they would've been in 1993.
    Our only hope is donor regeneration. We're not gonna take a pill or put a topical on our heads that grows back hair. Personally I'm gonna get a dense HT on my hairline and enjoy the end of my 20s, future's not guaranteed. I see guys all the time with dense hairlines and thinning elsewhere, always looks better than a nw4. Just shave your hair low. Hairline is by far the most important aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    F*ck no bro. I will pump obscene amounts of antiandrogens through my veins for the rest of my life if that is what it takes. I refuse to go bald.

This is it, the line in the sand is drawn. If it means popping 3mg dut every day from some sketchy pharmacy in India, probably laden with lead or Uranium or some crap, so be it.

ED and radiation poisoning be damned
    What good is hair if you end up with terrible sexual side effects among others. That's a trade I'd never make.

It's funny, because so many of us are focused on cutting-edge treatments like hair multiplication but I'd kill just to get a side-effect free pill/topical that has the same effectiveness as finasteride. Not only for maintenance and thickening things up a little but it would make so many more people appropriate candidates for hair transplants and would be huge for the younger guys. Let's hope topical finasteride or CB-03-01 pan out.

In my opinion, treatments like that plus advancements in hair transplant surgery (i.e. expanded donor supply and minimal scarring) are the most realistic options for the near future. Although we'd all love a total cure, just those things panning out would be huge for all of us.

<sigh>

I just feel so tired of searching for a solution!

If the japanese dont come up with their organ regeneration plans by the next decade, then we'll definitely be drowning!

Sad thing is if Histogen or Aderans do come to market they will charge thousands of dollars for a fraction of what they had aimed to achieve!