+ Reply to Thread

Default On propecia - need advice

Started propecia almost 2 weeks ago. However, I'm only taking a quarter pill a day as I was concerned about side effects.

In no way am I expecting any visual results by now, however my hair is still falling out. It feels a little stronger (not as easy to pull out as it was before propecia). But should propecia have completely halted it/drastically slowed it down by this stage? I have experienced some side effects but nothing I can't deal with at this stage. I'm also using rogaine foam which i've been using for 7 months already. Noticed more hairs coming out than usual when I apply it since around the time I started propecia.

I may up the dosage to a half pill at the end of the first month.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 22able View Post
    Started propecia almost 2 weeks ago. However, I'm only taking a quarter pill a day as I was concerned about side effects.

In no way am I expecting any visual results by now, however my hair is still falling out. It feels a little stronger (not as easy to pull out as it was before propecia). But should propecia have completely halted it/drastically slowed it down by this stage? I have experienced some side effects but nothing I can't deal with at this stage. I'm also using rogaine foam which i've been using for 7 months already. Noticed more hairs coming out than usual when I apply it since around the time I started propecia.

I may up the dosage to a half pill at the end of the first month.

Thanks.
    Just to clarify, since it is an important distinction to make, by propecia did you actually mean propecia (1mg), or generic finasteride (like proscar, 5mg)?

If you are using the 1mg propecia, I would say stick with the .25mg for about a month to see if the side effects subside. If they do, then you could consider upping the dose to .5mg so to reap more benefits for your hair while having established a sort of safety net, knowing .25mg will do you no harm if you ever want to jump back to that dose. I reason this because if you are already having side effects on .25mg, you mine as well see if you can beat those weaker side effects, rather than up the dosage and potentially bringing on stronger sides.

I never seen so many members have side effects on propecia in this forum. I think most guys get scared the first few weeks and dont let their body adjust to it. Dont worry about sides man, im on the drug for about 3 years and not one side.

Irishpotatoes: It is Propecia not generic fin. Note, the side effects are not really a big deal to me and it is only 1 or 2 at this stage. Not enough to make me stop taking it. My concern is that the hair is still falling out

John2339: I'm not worried about sides, i'm concerned at the fact my hair is still falling out

Bump since I didn't get an answer to my question.