had enough, going to shave my head - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default had enough, going to shave my head

On big 3 for almost a year, had a minox shed which lasted a month or two, hair improved drastically after that. Was extremely happy with my hair from month 5-9. (see my previous thread to see my before and after pictures)

Now my hair has shedding a huge amount, and it looks like my hair is almost back to the baseline. Im a NW2 but my front third has been eaten away that I no longer can manage it. Going to take the plunge and try and shave it to a no2 and if I dont like it then to a no1

Is it alright to shave it by myself with a machine? is a second shed normal, is it possible for my hair to grow back better than before?

Shave it, see how you like it. It's a relief, and you might like it. You might not, but you won't have lost anything. I used a set of clippers for about 3 years myself, it's easy, takes very little time, and feels great.

Yes second sheds happen. I'm going through one now that's really messing with my frontal lobe too. Stick with it

do you plan on stopping the big 3? As ppl have said, second sheds often occur with mino

no, im not planning to stop. btw I shaved my head, not sure what to make of it.

The good: I shaved to a # 2 I think, I thought my frontal hair would look much less dense then the rest but it actually looks fine, it looks like a full head of hair which is extremely strange to me considering when its longer it looks like I have no hair in certain areas.

The bad: My forehead is kind big, and I sort of have a watermelon face which isnt quite suited to the buzzed look but its not as bad as I thought it would be.

No more paining over styling it, no more checking the mirror every 5 mins, no more waking up an hour early to fix it up. no more walking sideways when there is strong winds or having to wear a cap when the wind fked up my hair.

I will be posting pics 2mrw

Quote Originally Posted by ppxrare View Post

The good: I shaved to a # 2 I think, I thought my frontal hair would look much less dense then the rest but it actually looks fine, it looks like a full head of hair which is extremely strange to me considering when its longer it looks like I have no hair in certain areas.

The bad: My forehead is kind big, and I sort of have a watermelon face which isnt quite suited to the buzzed look but its not as bad as I thought it would be.

No more paining over styling it, no more checking the mirror every 5 mins, no more waking up an hour early to fix it up. no more walking sideways when there is strong winds or having to wear a cap when the wind fked up my hair.

Lol man I think I have the same kind of head and even same degree of hairloss as you. NW2 approachign NW3, big forehead, dont think buzz head will suit me but I could be given it a try in the near future...Also I always feel slightly releived after I get a haircut, cause the longer my hair gets the weaker more brittle and thinner it looks

Quote Originally Posted by ppxrare View Post

Im in the same position except not on the fin or mino, debating it though. I think Im going to also buzz my hair soon - is yours similar to mine?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-06-02 17.18.19.jpg

Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	21305   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-06-02 17.18.34.jpg

Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	21306