+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default My treatment log, w/ pictures and weekly updates (Finasteride, Emu Oil, Minoxidil)

Hey guys, I am determined to beat my hair loss, so I am making this thread to document the all-encompassing approach I am taking. I will update regularly and keep you guys posted on everything from my mood, sexual function, physique, overall well-being, and last but not least, my hair!

My regimen will be as follows:

AM:
    Minoxidil liquid 5% - applied on entire head
    Emu Oil - applied on entire head
    Biotin - 10,000 mcg
    Ginkgo Biloba Extract -60m (as needed, to see if I can combat any possible brain fog that might arise)
    Black Tea Extract -300 mg
    Pregnenolone -25 mg (as needed, to see if I can combat any possible brain fog that might arise)

PM:
    Minoxidil + Emu Oil
    .625mg finasteride every night (taken at night so I can fall asleep and forget about any potential sides, real or psychological)
    30mg Zinc Gluconate

Starting date: 6/1/2013

Journal:

6/2: Feeling good, not much to say .

As you can see, I'm a diffuse thinner, so I'm hoping I respond well to treatment. My hair line is actually not as bad as it could be, considering how much MPB runs in the family lol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Heyo.jpg

Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	21297   Click image for larger version

Name:	eeE.jpg

Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	21298  

Good luck! Finasteride is all we've got for a very long time by the looks of things.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Good luck! Finasteride is all we've got for a very long time by the looks of things.
    And Dutasteride.

Don't limit yourself to fin, it's not that good for advanced hair loss.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Appreciate the support

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    And Dutasteride.

Don't limit yourself to fin, it's not that good for advanced hair loss.
    Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, I had sides on fin before so I'm a little reluctant to try Dutasteride. I should've clarified, but I'm only giving finasteride a shot again with the hopes that a more consistent dosing schedule + supporting supplements + more patience will be the formula to eliminate sides, while helping to maintain what I have. I'm kind of kicking myself for not sticking on the drug longer, because a few weeks before I quit I noticed substantially darker / thicker hairs on the top of my head that would fall out one or two strands per shower. (This was after I had been on it for about 4-5 months, with side effects taking out about 20% of my libido and erection strength, I recovered to 100% a mere week and a half after quitting, maybe I'm lucky, but knowing I didn't have post-finasteride issues also gave me the confidence to try again). I think I have really high DHT levels, all I know is I grow facial / body hair very fast - I'm half italian /irish lol).

You could have tried RU which is similar to fin with far less sides since its topical, soon enough CB0301 will hit the market which would definitely do perfect, just maintain what you have until then and taper off the fin

Ginkgo Biloba Extract sounds good if it actually does work.

I would love for the reason for my disastrous semester to be brain fog. I don't know how I went from getting A-'s and B+'s to C's and C+'s in the very next semester. I swear I made such silly mistakes in exams, that it wasn't even that I didn't know the material, I just seriously did some silly mistakes that felt normal at the time, I saw the mistakes I did in the exams, and it was like "What the hell, I missed out on 20 points for that tiny(legit) mistake!?". I studied and studied, understood what I was doing, and still did terrible. I got a B in my English class, which I was expecting an A like always, I always do the best essays in all of my Eng classes, not this time. It was just an all around terrible semester and the only thing I can think of is brain fog.

It has me worried. Not to toot my own horn, but I am fairly smart, not the smartest guy or anything like that, but I consider myself a bright person. So those C's and C+'s were disturbing to me.

I decided to stop all treatment and just accept my hair loss. My reason is that I have no patience to wait for finasteride side effects to wear off (no telling if they even will), and without inhibiting DHT, other treatment is just a losing battle. The biggest problem for me was that it just made me feel like a completely different person, the lack of energy / strength / mental clarity was worse for me than the sexual side effects.

GL to the rest of you!

Quote Originally Posted by irishpotatoes322 View Post
    I decided to stop all treatment and just accept my hair loss. My reason is that I have no patience to wait for finasteride side effects to wear off (no telling if they even will), and without inhibiting DHT, other treatment is just a losing battle. The biggest problem for me was that it just made me feel like a completely different person, the lack of energy / strength / mental clarity was worse for me than the sexual side effects.

GL to the rest of you!
    Sorry to hear that, man. Gotta do what's best for you and be true to yourself.

Hope all goes well with ya.

I decided to stop all treatment and just accept my hair loss. reason is that I have no patience to wait for the finasteride side effects you're ear off (no telling if they even will), and without inhibiting DHT, other treatment is just a losing battle. The biggest problem for me was that it just made me feel like a completely different person, the lack of energy / strength / mental clarity was worse for me than the sexual side effects.

GL to the rest of you!
    Sorry to hear of your fin experience. What dosage were you on, did you taper on to it at all? I'm thinking about embarking on the treatment myself, but post like yours really make me think twice. Good luck to you.

GL to the rest of you!
    I totally hear you. I've been on finasteride for 3 years and I'm experiencing some of the side effects that you mentioned: sexual dysfunction, loss of muscle mass, etc. I've actually been thinking of getting off of the medication for almost 2 years now, but I stay on it because I am so scared to death of losing my hair. My idols are some of my rock musicians and every time I see those guys with full heads of hair, I am given that extra motivation to stay on finasteride despite the side effects. But these side effects have really been pissing me off lately and I'm certainly not committed to monkeying around with my hormonal levels for the rest of my life. I know that it's not healthy, despite what some supposedly-reputable studies might say.

It always angers me because hair loss is something that affects people so greatly, yet we are given such limited options to treat it. This is an "epidemic of Biblical proportions" as Spencer so accurately puts it, and are given options that are fraught with setbacks and are just minimally effective. I always get a kick out of how some people come on here and claim that "most men aren't bothered by their hair loss and therefore don't do anything to treat it". That is such utter bulls**t. Most men are in fact deeply disturbed, if not devastated by their hair loss. They only do not seek out treatments because these treatments are either minimally-effective or whose setbacks outweigh the prospect of getting on these treatments.