+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Please help, is it just a "mature hairline"?

Hi guys!, first of all, I really want to thank you all for taking the time to read this and if you do so, for answer it, english is not my first language so i apologize for it, well, this is my case and my summary:

Norwood 2 since 14s with widow´s peak
    MPB History:
    Father: no bald
    Paternal´s Grandfather: no bald
    Mother: no mpb
    Maternal Grandfather: no bald
    first uncle: Norwood 2.5 mature hairline, 42 years old, a head full of long thick hair, better than a lot of women out there.
    Second uncle, norwood 4, 47 years old, started balding 4 years ago and has stabilized.

So what do you think about the attached photos below, you may see Im norwood 2,but the only thing that confuses me, its the fact that my mother, yes my mother, seems to have my same hairline, with vellus hair covering the temples, dont know if its balding or its another genetic thing, by the way, the second thing that its freaking me out, it is a kind of "thining" only in the right corner, dont know if its my imagination, but this corner is slightly smaller than the left one, my crown its fine, the left corner has stabilized, and the right "thinning" corner its smaller, so my questions are:

1:What do you think its my pattern guys?, norwood 1.5? , 2?, 2.5?
    2:If you see that thinning im refering to, do you see any further lose beyond mature hairline, or is it just the mature hairline proccess (i know a lot of you think its a myth)
    3:If you think its more than a mature hairline, should I jump on finas as soon as possible?

I just want to thank you, honestly, Im actually taking prozac because Im suffering of depression since my 13s, and im pretty sure that going bald would be the last thing i would accept from all the mess that my life is, so would you help me with your honesty guys?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	sdc10163t.jpg

Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	21282   Click image for larger version

Name:	sdc10167j.jpg

Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	21283   Click image for larger version

Name:	sdc10172a.jpg

Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	21284   Click image for larger version

Name:	sdc10184v.jpg

Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	21285   Click image for larger version

Name:	sdc10197p.jpg

Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	21286  

Have you always had a high temples? And have you seen any extra hair loss recently?

I don't see minutarized hair near the edges, (There may be some, maybe the picture didn't capture it) which is a good sign. Check with a dermatologist nearby, and even if its MPB, since you've caught it at a fairly early stage, start with the basics (saw palmetto, biotin, keto/nizoral shampoo) and progress into heavier drugs if the lighter stuff don't control it(if you're ok with risking the side effects, do research before) like rogaine and propecia.

Absolutely not an expert on this, relatively new to hair loss in fact, just my 2 cents though.

I'm no where near as informed as the other guys on here, but to me, looks like a mature hairline. Seems like u have a good head of hair, but if you are genuinely worried, perhaps fin? Maybe wait and see what other people say?

Looks fine, do you have any pics of how the hairline was before? The rate this happened or any other info? as of right now it looks fine and there is no way to indicate MPB yet.

You can just add a good Keto shampoo and use a multi vitamin for now.. Minox and a fin type addition later on IF it progresses more and you feel comfortable, honestly though it seems much better treatments are coming soon with far less chance of sides so maybe just take some updated pics every three months with a reference point... Do not do any obsessing about thinning or hair strands and such, its normal to have thinner spots around the hairline and all over due to natural and normal shedding.

Go to a Derm to check for any miniaturization or signs of further potential loss and go from there.

I completely agree with mature. Espically considering the lack of MPB in your family, this has a much higher chance of just being a maturing hairline. Definitely check with a dermatologist. Would not recommend rogaine or anything like that yet, because once you start, stopping would be an invatation for shedding, so wait for further regression. As mature said, a shampoo change to nizoral or keto, along with some lifestlye changes that involve more DHT inhibiting foods like green tea, chicken/goat liver, various greens, pumpkin seeds, natural oils, etc. and really just a healthier diet overall would be appropriate.

MSM and vitamin C supposedly are supposed to be a great help, as well as saw palmetto, grape seed extract, etc... Since you only have slight recession which is NORMAL... A great recent example of a mature hairline that lasted a long time I found is Adlus Huxley, not that he cared much about hair more important things like selflessness and helping humanity lol.

There is also Scalp exercises on a website called Hair loss Reversible where you basically strengthen the muscles in the head and scalp which supposedly shakes off DHT and some other stuff, as well as a person who claims skull expansion is to blame, with recent scientists stating the same, he offers pressure placed exercises to prevent expansion and massage exercises... No one really knows or sure everything about MPB so some people might not take them seriously however couldn't hurt...

I currently use Minox, regenepure shampoo, MSM, Vitamin C, A saw palmetto complex, grape seed extract and a very sharp diet along with both scalp exercises and preventive scalp expansion exercises, there is a chance that the exercises don't work but I don't care as it can't do any harm. I have a mature hairline just like you.

Thank you very much to all of you guys, ill keep an eye on my hairline, and ill start a preventive treatment with vitamins and keto at least, thank u again for your advice, really...

no problem, I think it looks great man... you are in a great day and age to prevent any further hair loss thats for sure!

You look fine to me, and you have no real family history of MPS. I would just keep your hair healthy . Take some biotin as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAYoungMan View Post
    Have you always had a high temples? And have you seen any extra hair loss recently?

I don't see minutarized hair near the edges, (There may be some, maybe the picture didn't capture it) which is a good sign. Check with a dermatologist nearby, and even if its MPB, since you've caught it at a fairly early stage, start with the basics (saw palmetto, biotin, keto/nizoral shampoo) and progress into heavier drugs if the lighter stuff don't control it(if you're ok with risking the side effects, do research before) like rogaine and propecia.

Absolutely not an expert on this, relatively new to hair loss in fact, just my 2 cents though.
    I have some thiner hair among both corners, but just in the very leading edge of the hairline, dont know if it is a death sentence, i read some people without mpb have that but still confused, normal hairloss around 100 per day, thanks for answer dude.