+ Reply to Thread

Default Starting Dutasteride next month.

Yep its that time.. I put my order in and I will be cycling down and off of the Finasteride. I think although Finasteride gave a result in darkening and thickening the vellus hairs on the crown of my hair the MPB has been there for 15 plus years and it is stronger or has a stronger foot hold and therefore needs a stronger DHT blocker to off set the NW5 condition. I am now of the opinion that passed a NW3 you need a Dutasteride, Minoxidil and Nizoral regimen and while I am not certain about RU.... if RU shows clinical results that validate its usage then I would put it in the same category.

Good luck! What brand are you going to use?

& I agree, anything past NW3 probably needs more than fin unless you are just maintaining for a transplant

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Good luck! What brand are you going to use?

& I agree, anything past NW3 probably needs more than fin unless you are just maintaining for a transplant
    Avodart sir!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
    Avodart sir!
    I use Avo too. Was too paranoid to order online from overseas sources.
    Best of luck, how was your fin experience?

Fin was not a successful gambit. I didn't lose hair but my gains were small and it is nearing a year. I should have seen some progress but not enough to justify pouring time and effort down that sinkhole.

Good luck.

I suggest using Rogaine twice a day for best results.

Hi Chris, has Dutasteride/Avodart been used in any clinical trials for hair loss or is it just people experimenting with the drug for hair loss atm and taking their own risks etc?

I'm currently considering a treatment of Propecia & Rogaine but I've read posts by quite a few people that have tried Propecia including yourself that they wish they had of started using Dutasteride to begin with.

I just wanted to ask you opinion on the matter

Paul the difference is both Dutasteride and Finasteride have had clinical trials. In those trials Dutasteride showed 90 percent in terms of great results as opposed to the 75 percent that was on Finasteride's trial subjects over a year period of time. Dutasteride is far stronger than Fin.. it blocks two different types of DHT enzyme type one and two Fin only blocks type one. But Dutasteride being the more powerful drug and operating with same effect against the prostate which does the diabolical conversion of T to DHT from genetic triggers encoded to fire off at a certain age also has more powerful side effects to those sensitive to its milder cousin Finasteride.. low libido, less erections or flaccid soft penis that can't get erect, and watery semen along with ball and pereneum( shaft) ache...dutasteride never got FDA approval however so there is that.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
    Paul the difference is both Dutasteride and Finasteride have had clinical trials. In those trials Dutasteride showed 90 percent in terms of great results as opposed to the 75 percent that was on Finasteride's trial subjects over a year period of time. Dutasteride is far stronger than Fin.. it blocks two different types of DHT enzyme type one and two Fin only blocks type one. But Dutasteride being the more powerful drug and operating with same effect against the prostate which does the diabolical conversion of T to DHT from genetic triggers encoded to fire off at a certain age also has more powerful side effects to those sensitive to its milder cousin Finasteride.. low libido, less erections or flaccid soft penis that can't get erect, and watery semen along with ball and pereneum( shaft) ache...dutasteride never got FDA approval however so there is that.
    Thanks for the reply and explanation Chris, my understanding is Dutasteride also has a very long half life so if you do have bad side effects it could take a lot longer for those effects to wear off.

I think with my aversion to risk I'll probably have to take a low dose of Propecia and see how I get on with that for a year.

Good luck with Avodart, I hope you get the results you're looking for with it!