+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by garethbale View Post
    Is it not just the temporal regrowth that's rubbish (5&#37? The rest doesn't seem too bad. And I don't really respond well to fin and minox so this wouldn't be too bad for me
    If this treatment could be given twice a year without comprimising health (so no adverse effect on hemoglobine) AND the treatable size of the scalp would be big enough (again without effecting hemoglobine), then yeah, this could be something. But even then, visiting their clinic twice a year, for pretty marginal results, would still suck. And would indeed also be quite a drain of money.

Quote Originally Posted by veca View Post
    Man, I've accepted the fact that our only hope is Dr. Nigam.
    I'm coming round to Iron Man's way of thinking that developments in hair transplant technology (whether by Gho, Nigam or whomever) is our best bet. However that's not too useful for us Nw2s with diffuse loss.

Possibly our only other hope is resarch into treatments involving Prostaglandins, and hoping that the non-success that forum-going experimenters have had so far is because of amateur cluelessness.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    If this treatment could be given twice a year without comprimising health (so no adverse effect on hemoglobine) AND the treatable size of the scalp would be big enough (again without effecting hemoglobine), then yeah, this could be something. But even then, visiting their clinic twice a year, for pretty marginal results, would still suck. And would indeed also be quite a drain of money.
    Bloody hell I forgot about travel (assuming I would travel to Asia or wherever it's released first). The flights might be as expensive as the treatment.

What happens now then? Will they conduct further trials?

They haven't released any new patient photos. I wonder if someone here wants to contact Histogen to quiz them about results and photos, and the next steps taken...

They haven't released any new patient photos. I wonder if someone here wants to contact Histogen to quiz them about results and photos, and the next steps taken...
    For me it does not matter to know such details. If they had something substantial, we would know it by now. So I am not going to ask my usual question (does it grow any hair on slick bald head?).

With anaemia as a potential danger, it is something that I would never try.

What happens now then? Will they conduct further trials?
    They're currently looking for an investor as they've ran out of money. But with these results, finding one probably won't be easy ...

They're currently looking for an investor as they've ran out of money. But with these results, finding one probably won't be easy ...
    lol they have money, they're gonna go to the next trial, they oculd just use surplus funds to speed things up.

few questions:

1. this was only the safety trial correct? couldn't things be much improved in the next dose range trial?

2. We still dont know how well this will work with a DHT inhibitor, which may help things out alot!

3. are there any pictures of patients here? would give us a little better of an idea than just statistics.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    lol they have money, they're gonna go to the next trial, they oculd just use surplus funds to speed things up.
    That's what they said but to me it seems just a part of the negotiations strategy. If they'd admit they were broke, finding an investor would even be more difficult (since its power over Histogen would be bigger).

1. this was only the safety trial correct? couldn't things be much improved in the next dose range trial?
    HSC has adverse effect on Hemoglobin count, so upping the dose seems out of the question. In fact, one could wonder what part of the scalp could be treated without adversely effecting hemoglobin count. Maybe only a small part of the scalp could be treated ?

3. are there any pictures of patients here? would give us a little better of an idea than just statistics.
    Nope. Only the pictures in that pdf file and they look horrible.

The past year or so has been very deflating for future hair loss treatments. Replicel, Histogen, and Aderans have all presented mediocre results without showing any significant cosmetic improvement. It's a shame but the situation looks much more bleak now than it did a few years ago when things were quite a bit more optimistic.

There are plenty of people studying hair loss treatments though and my bet is that a promising treatment will come from a source we aren't expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJJrS View Post
    The past year or so has been very deflating for future hair loss treatments. Replicel, Histogen, and Aderans have all presented mediocre results without showing any significant cosmetic improvement. It's a shame but the situation looks much more bleak now than it did a few years ago when things were quite a bit more optimistic.

There are plenty of people studying hair loss treatments though and my bet is that a promising treatment will come from a source we aren't expecting.
    Only thing that's MORE promising than a few years ago is what Team tokyo presented AND that Jahoda even succeeded at biogenerating and growing a human hair follicle on human skin. This seems currently the most promising therapy by far (and the only TRUE cure). However it will be years before this would be available (at least 6-8 years). They need to optimize things and do clinical trials but the mere fact that they've already did it (!!) and already found what is a TRUE cure for hairloss, is very very promising at least.

That's what they said but to me it seems just a part of the negotiations strategy. If they'd admit they were broke, finding an investor would even be more difficult (since its power over Histogen would be bigger).

HSC has adverse effect on Hemoglobin count, so upping the dose seems out of the question. In fact, one could wonder what part of the scalp could be treated without adversely effecting hemoglobin count. Maybe only a small part of the scalp could be treated ?
    we'll see about 1. I have no idea.

but the safety tihng is interesting, in this trial they only used 8 injections which is a tiny area of the scalp, so just to clarify, you cant get more than 8 injections say every 6 months? Could they raise the dose in those 8 injections? cause that's like just covering one area, would take two years to cover your head!