Histogen's FINAL Phase I/IIa Results (2013)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pentarou
    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by UK_
    Jesus Christ man, this is so ****ing bad.
    And we thought the Replicel results last May were bad... This is awful. Beginning to think this will be canned long before it becomes a marketable product.

Comment

• Desmond84
      • Oct 2012

The results are not that bad! 19% increase in hair density is pretty decent. The question is what role does hsc play in terms of management of MPB. I suppose what these results show is that it will be an add-on therapy rather than a stand-alone treatment!

It will simply thicken up thinning areas and then finasteride will maintain these cosmetic results.

Thats my opinion anyway

Comment

• UK_
        • Feb 2011

The bottom right looks thicker but nothing Propecia/Minox couldnt already achieve.

What we needed was proof this could grow hair on slick bald regions.

It cant.

For people with advanced hair loss - their better treatment will come in the form of better transplantation methods, such as the procedure invented by Dr Coen Gho.

Comment

• Oct 2011

Originally posted by Desmond84

The results are not that bad! 19% increase in hair density is pretty decent.
          How much is 1 hair + 19% ?

Comment

• clandestine
            • Aug 2011

Admittedly boys, it's not where we'd hope to be.

Thanks for the post, Des.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
              • Sep 2010

I never expected this to be a stand alone treatment. I am thinking it can be a solid adjunct if it is not too expensive (or if the regenerated hairs can somehow be immunized to re-miniaturizing)
              I would rather use this than rub in minox 2x every day

It will simply thicken up thinning areas and then finasteride will maintain these cosmetic results.

Thats my opinion anyway

So you think the "degradation rate" (hair count at 12 weeks vs 24 vs 48) can be helped with DHT blockers?

Comment

• StayThick
                • Oct 2012

This is why I choose to not hang onto hope. This is very disappointing to say the least.

I got news for you, if you think Replicel is going to be our savior then you my friends will be disappointed once again. 19% density I'd take right now, but by the time Histogen is to be released (big if) I'll need a treatment to grow hair on my slick bald spots. This is deflating.

Time to research Gho further and take the plunge.

Comment

• clandestine
                  • Aug 2011

double post, apparently

Comment

• clandestine
                    • Aug 2011

The frustration lies in how many of cannot tolerate DHT blockers. For us, these 'results' are entirely grim.

Comment

• StinkySmurf
                      • Dec 2012

Thanks Des!

I always thought Histogen's HSC was the most like Botox, and I don't think that changed with this news.

The longevity is less than I hoped for, but I wonder what is the toxicity of a Botox injection by comparison?

How many injections of each can you get at one time?

Comment

• Arashi
                        • Aug 2012

This is really disappointing

Comment

• garethbale
                          • Apr 2012

Why doesn't someone contact Histogen to quiz them about the results and implications for further trials. Can these be improved with a new trial?

They seem to think the results were exciting (yes I'm aware they are bound to say that)

Comment

• Pentarou
                            • Apr 2013

The results are not that bad! 19% increase in hair density is pretty decent. The question is what role does hsc play in terms of management of MPB. I suppose what these results show is that it will be an add-on therapy rather than a stand-alone treatment!

Thats my opinion anyway
                            Will it be affordable as an 'add on' treatment for all but the very wealthy? That is the issue. Imagine if these injections cost €2000 or whatever, is that something most of us could justify each year, every year? On top of prescriptions for finasteride and minoxidil? Are the results even good enough for the company to afford to go through Phase 3?

Originally posted by clandestine
                            The frustration lies in how many of cannot tolerate DHT blockers. For us, these 'results' are entirely grim.
                            I guess CB and the elusive mystical PGD2 blockers and the only hope for those people, God knows how many years off those may be.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                              • Dec 2012

...damn

Comment

• Arashi
                                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Pentarou
                                Are the results even good enough for the company to afford to go through Phase 3?
                                Looking at the results, it looks like you should almost get 2-3 treatments each year. But then again, that might adversely impact the hemoblogin count and thus bring health risks ...

Man, this surely is disappointing !

Comment

Working...