+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I would jump on Fin too if I were you. I actually read someplace, although I cannot quote my source, that it is actually somewhat more effective for older guys, presumably because of the reduced levels of T / DHT in the first place. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Chromeo View Post
    I would jump on Fin too if I were you. I actually read someplace, although I cannot quote my source, that it is actually somewhat more effective for older guys, presumably because of the reduced levels of T / DHT in the first place. Good luck!
    Cheers, but that's what I'm not sure about re older guys. If I have reduced DHT now, is Fin going to reduce it so much that it's so low that sides kick in? That's my fear, age could help in that respect, not sure.

Just think fin could help - I still have a fair amount of hair, but it's becoming clear I'm thinning around hairline and crown, harder to style it.
    Last edited by Jcm800; 06-02-2013 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Extra paragraph

Have you had any blood test recently to check serum DHT levels?

You guys do realise that men reach their sexual peak by 19, whereas women reach theirs by their mid-30's.

That means most of the maximum pleasure/libido begins to suddenly decline after the age of 19.

Women have it good, they have far longer and more powerful orgasms too. We're just shit.

Quote Originally Posted by StuckInARut View Post
    Have you had any blood test recently to check serum DHT levels?
    No, don't think my gp would even know what I mean if I ask him about that either.

Last time I asked him about propecia, he shrugged his shoulders and said "go for it, every drug has side effects "

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    You guys do realise that men reach their sexual peak by 19, whereas women reach theirs by their mid-30's.

That means most of the maximum pleasure/libido begins to suddenly decline after the age of 19.

Women have it good, they have far longer and more powerful orgasms too. We're just shit.
    Makes sense, I was always spanking the monkey in my teens, constantly, not really arsed these days.

Have you started fin up again yourself yet UK?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    Makes sense, I was always spanking the monkey in my teens, constantly, not really arsed these days.

Have you started fin up again yourself yet UK?
    I just cant bring myself to do it, I even cut the pill and held it for a minute but couldnt bring myself to down it.

I just cant believe how garbage the last year has been in terms of progress in hair loss research.

...well I can, b/c every year has been more or less the same.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    I just cant bring myself to do it, I even cut the pill and held it for a minute but couldnt bring myself to down it.

I just cant believe how garbage the last year has been in terms of progress in hair loss research.

...well I can, b/c every year has been more or less the same.

I know mate, it's a shit state of affairs.

I'd be exactly the same as you, just think embarking on a commitment to Fin isn't the answer for me. But a nagging voice says "try it"

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    Cheers, but that's what I'm not sure about re older guys. If I have reduced DHT now, is Fin going to reduce it so much that it's so low that sides kick in? That's my fear, age could help in that respect, not sure.
    Well I am late 20s & on dutasteride, my DHT levels are probably lower than yours will be on fin. And I am doing fine. I do not think dropping below a certain DHT level in itself is what triggers sides in some people, I think it is more that they are predisposed to suffering sides when 5-ar is suppressed

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Well I am late 20s & on dutasteride, my DHT levels are probably lower than yours will be on fin. And I am doing fine. I do not think dropping below a certain DHT level in itself is what triggers sides in some people, I think it is more that they are predisposed to suffering sides when 5-ar is suppressed
    Thanks 25, how long have you been taking duasteride? It's crossed my mind that if I am having prostate issues my GP might even prescribe Avodart, thatd be handy. It's probably the best way to go, but you can imagine my reservations about that!