+ Reply to Thread

Default Dr.Haber in Ohio

He's the closest IAHRS Dr from Pittsburgh so I was considering at least getting consultation to see if there is anything he can do for me.

Does anyone know anything about him? Any horror stories? Good stories? What can I expect?

Quote Originally Posted by pensfan View Post
    He's the closest IAHRS Dr from Pittsburgh so I was considering at least getting consultation to see if there is anything he can do for me.

Does anyone know anything about him? Any horror stories? Good stories? What can I expect?
    He's supposed to be really good. TracyC who is a regular poster here had her hair transplant done by him and she was really happy. He's supposed to be top notch.

Thanks PayDay. I think I'm going to set up consult with him. I'm not sure if he will be able to do anything because it's only a mild thinning at this point & I'm only 28 but I feel it's worth a shot if he will do it.

If anyone else has any perspective of him as a Dr. it's greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by pensfan View Post
    Thanks PayDay. I think I'm going to set up consult with him. I'm not sure if he will be able to do anything because it's only a mild thinning at this point & I'm only 28 but I feel it's worth a shot if he will do it.

If anyone else has any perspective of him as a Dr. it's greatly appreciated.
    It's always good to see a doctor to get a better idea of your options. He'll probably talk to you about Propecia and Minoxidil If you're only starting to thin, these are really your best options to keep what you've got.

Already on fin & Rogaine. I'm just looking at options of helping the damage that already been done.

How long have you been on Propecia and Rogaine? 28 is still pretty young. If you have not been treating your hair loss for at least a full year, I would recommend waiting at least a full year. If it is only mild thinning, it may recover without surgery - but it does take a long time. You could use a good quality concealer such as Dermmatch to hide the thinning while you treat it. Not to mention that wearing concealer is a also a good idea because it helps prevent sunburn on your scalp.

If you do need surgery, Dr. Haber is an excellent choice. He is an excellent hair restoration doctor and both he and his staff are very kind, compassionate and ethical. His technique for hiding the scar is amazing. You can't even find my scar even if you know exactly where it is. I will gladly sing his praises anytime the opportunity to do so presents itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    How long have you been on Propecia and Rogaine? 28 is still pretty young. If you have not been treating your hair loss for at least a full year, I would recommend waiting at least a full year. If it is only mild thinning, it may recover without surgery - but it does take a long time. You could use a good quality concealer such as Dermmatch to hide the thinning while you treat it. Not to mention that wearing concealer is a also a good idea because it helps prevent sunburn on your scalp.

If you do need surgery, Dr. Haber is an excellent choice. He is an excellent hair restoration doctor and both he and his staff are very kind, compassionate and ethical. His technique for hiding the scar is amazing. You can't even find my scar even if you know exactly where it is. I will gladly sing his praises anytime the opportunity to do so presents itself.
    How much is he per graft?

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    How much is he per graft?
    He does not charge by the graft. He charges by the session based on what he thinks he can harvest. If he harvests more than he estimated, he charges very little extra for the extra grafts.