+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default Gaz (Gc83uk) can you give us an update.

Gaz.

Just wondering how your progress is going? How is your hair looking after your 3rd procedure?

Are you going back this year?

Quote Originally Posted by c5000 View Post
    Gaz.

Just wondering how your progress is going? How is your hair looking after your 3rd procedure?

Are you going back this year?
    Hi mate,

I couldn't be happier at the moment! The result so far is better than I ever thought possible considering my condition to start with.

I'll be going back for another 1600 this Sept to increase the density somewhere closer to 40-50 grafts per cm2 over the original 100cm2 slick scalp area. I'll also get them to put a few in the frontal area to help frame my face better.

I hope I can get a further 1400 next year to take me to 6000.

That's brilliant news mate, I was a bit worried that something might be wrong as I couldn't remember when you had last posted something on here.

Would you be able to put up some pics? Are you wearing your hair short or are you still wearing your hairpiece?

I'm going back in December and I can't wait!!

Going in august... hope i get awesome results.

That's brilliant news mate, I was a bit worried that something might be wrong as I couldn't remember when you had last posted something on here.

Would you be able to put up some pics? Are you wearing your hair short or are you still wearing your hairpiece?

I'm going back in December and I can't wait!!
    No I buzzed it all over, best thing I ever did. Usually a zero or grade 1. When I have more density I will experiment with slightly longer hair. Until then I'll keep buzzing it!

Yea I'll get a photo uploaded in the next few days.

How's everything been with your result up to now? Remind me how many did you have and how many you having in December?

I feel my result is looking good, one issue is I've been too worried to shave my donor to a zero again as I felt I could see scarring, I guess I should really do that soon to double check.

Aesthetically the recipient is looking pretty good, but the transplanted hairs seem to stick up more than the native hairs... Does this change through time?

I had 1400 in December 2012 so will get another 1400 in December of this year and all going well every subsequent December until I'm cured!!

Ps I'll put up pics of my recipient next week when I'm back home and have access to a decent camera.

I feel my result is looking good, one issue is I've been too worried to shave my donor to a zero again as I felt I could see scarring, I guess I should really do that soon to double check.

Aesthetically the recipient is looking pretty good, but the transplanted hairs seem to stick up more than the native hairs... Does this change through time?

I had 1400 in December 2012 so will get another 1400 in December of this year and all going well every subsequent December until I'm cured!!

Ps I'll put up pics of my recipient next week when I'm back home and have access to a decent camera.
    Looking forward to the pictures !! I'll also update mine within 2 weeks, I'll be at my 7 months by then. I'm happy with the result on the one hand (I mean it looks MUCH better than before my HST) but I'd be also still disappointed if this where my end result. I know that on average as of 7 months you should still expect 30% increase in density over the next months, if that were to happen (and of course it SHOULD happen and most probably will) then I think density will be good enough. But when I look in the mirror now, I keep thinking I need more density. But then again, it's probably the drawback of only 1600 grafts in general. If you want GOOD density, you should have at least 50 grafts/cm2 and hence can only do about 30 cm2, which is a 6x5 cm area which is pretty much nothing. Hence, I'm also thinking about getting another HST. But I'm also watching the dr Nigams cases with full interest ... And the thing that put me off a bit is that HASCI advices to do max 3 HST's. I'm still inquiring about that but haven't gotten any good answers yet ...

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Looking forward to the pictures !! I'll also update mine within 2 weeks, I'll be at my 7 months by then. I'm happy with the result on the one hand (I mean it looks MUCH better than before my HST) but I'd be also still disappointed if this where my end result. I know that on average as of 7 months you should still expect 30% increase in density over the next months, if that were to happen (and of course it SHOULD happen and most probably will) then I think density will be good enough. But when I look in the mirror now, I keep thinking I need more density. But then again, it's probably the drawback of only 1600 grafts in general. If you want GOOD density, you should have at least 50 grafts/cm2 and hence can only do about 30 cm2, which is a 6x5 cm area which is pretty much nothing. Hence, I'm also thinking about getting another HST. But I'm also watching the dr Nigams cases with full interest ... And the thing that put me off a bit is that HASCI advices to do max 3 HST's. I'm still inquiring about that but haven't gotten any good answers yet ...

arash

I rmbr you said you don't take propecia, mpb is progressive disease as you know, you will keep losing hair on top till you reach your destined level of baldness.
    what am saying is that you got to be careful with adding too many graft up front and then run out of donor when lose more hair behind hairline.
    with HST its not just money but donor is still an issue.

I also hope dr nigam doubling really works and can give you 5 000 grafts in one pass,
    true HM could be years away, even dr nigam cooled down and is focusing on HM

Arashi there is also something cslled hair greed lol u will always want more

Quote Originally Posted by didi View Post
    arash

I rmbr you said you don't take propecia, mpb is progressive disease as you know, you will keep losing hair on top till you reach your destined level of baldness.
    what am saying is that you got to be careful with adding too many graft up front and then run out of donor when lose more hair behind hairline.
    with HST its not just money but donor is still an issue.
    For sure. That's why I was hoping HASCI would clarify their (general) suggestion of max 3 HST's a bit. And what to expect for example after 6 HST's ? If after 6 HST's there are only subtle signs of thinning in donor, then I'll go ahead and have my 2nd HST this year, probably around september. But if after 6 HST's your donor looks pretty much how any donor looks like after 2 FUE's (quite noticeably thinner), then I'm going to be conservative and wait a while.

Quote Originally Posted by cocacola View Post
    Arashi there is also something cslled hair greed lol u will always want more
    True that, mate I just shot another picture and feeling a lot better cause I see tons of new hairs that weren't visible with the naked eye. I guess 6 1/2 month (where I'm at now) is just way too early do draw any conclusions. I hope (and think) I'll be thrilled with the result in a few months. Will update with a picture soon.