+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post

I was planning to go for way more than 3 surgeries and now all of a sudden HASCI says they advise a max of 3 ... It's quite disappointing !
    I also wonder what's so "magic" behind this issue ...

CALCUALTION

When HSCI is talking about 3 HST procedures - that's in most cases around 5,000 HST grafts - right?

So what "exactly" would be the HST result IN THE DONOR AREA after around 5000 grafts?

Simply a loss of around 1000 (+/-) grafts - right?

And now try to imagine ...

http://www.fileden.com/files/2012/3/...Area-Day-3.jpg

... how my personal donor area would look like, IF none of the extraction sites, which you can clearly see in the photo, would produce new hairs again.

Right - if I would wear my hair somewhat LONGER, sure, the density would be of course somewhat thinner, but NOT REALLY NOTICABLE TO THE NAKED EYE.

But SHAVED down to the bone (like Dean Saunders) - ohhh, you would notice the loss (besides round and white dots) a lot ...

In simple words, depending on your donor area quality (amount of available grafts etc), after around 3-4 HST procedures, you have to to come to a decision:

1) Do you ever intend to shave your hair down to the bone?
    2) Will you rather always wear your hair in the donor area somewhat longer?

Remember - a lot depends on your donor area quality. The lesser the grafts in you donor area in general, the earlier you have to stop with HST procedures IF you intend always to shave your head down to the bone.

Anyway, if this were my end result, yes, then I'd be disappointed. Although it looks 'acceptable' from some slightly more distance ( http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/...g/13206921.jpg ) looks a LOT better than my pre-op situation and I should still expect 35% to come in the next months, it's just too thin to look natural. But again, that's just the downside of hair transplants in general. You need 50 grafts/cm2 for a natural result and if HASCI only advises max 3 HST's, then that's going to be next to impossible (unless of course you get everything into your hairline/temples but that's just plain stupid)

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    In simple words, depending on your donor area quality (amount of available grafts etc), after around 3-4 HST procedures, you have to to come to a decision:

1) Do you ever intend to shave your hair down to the bone?
    2) Will you rather always wear your hair in the donor area somewhat longer?

Remember - a lot depends on your donor area quality. The lesser the grafts in you donor area in general, the earlier you have to stop with HST procedures IF you intend always to shave your head down to the bone.
    Yeah, agreed and that's indeed pretty much what HASCI's saying too, if I understood Kristel's words correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Yeah, agreed and that's indeed pretty much what HASCI's saying too, if I understood Kristel's words correctly.
    When I read your posts, sometimes I think Kristel is speaking Russian or
    Mandarin Chinese or something to you ...

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    When I read your posts, sometimes I think Kristel is speaking Russian or
    Mandarin Chinese or something to you ...
    It's just that she says very little without explaining her words (like why she's advising 3 HST's max). And when I ask for a more detailed explanation I just don't get any response. You can say all you want about Dr Nigams but at least he takes the time to respond in a very detailed way and always very prompt It wouldn't hurt a bit if HASCI would put some more effort into their communication.

but people don't go for HT to shave to the bone!!!
    If so, just accept your baldness and shave the horseshoe every f*ckin' two days ;-)

its safe to say that 80% regeneration rate is BS,

if that's true then everybody can have 10 000 grafts and lose only 2000.

even the most fkd up cases can afford to lose 2 000...

and 10 000 grafts(that's more than jotronic had) will transform nw6 to good head of hair

another thing people forgettin about is that you cant compare 1800 grafts from gho to any other dr such as dr Lorenzo without knowing how many hairs per grafts were there.

do the math and you will see huge difference in total number of hairs which will explain everything

what was the point doing GC hst analysis when people don't wanna believe in it and prefer to believe in BS hasci marketing which doesn't translate in practice.

just to remind you, we found real regeneration was 65% and thats assuming there was no failed extractions, we saw james had huge number of failed extractions. hasci is not helping to put this confusion to an end.

Anyway, looking to the investment, I think I will let you guyz take it, and observe your results and limitations and go for it (hoping that meanwhile, some improvements or other stuffs will come)...

Life will suck with a small procedure every year and the anxiety over the result or its limitation...

I am more and more tempted to stay the longest with my first one, and observe other people's result...and read Nigam and Gho threads... all the rest is bullshit...

if one or another brings the 1 hair becomes 10... I ****ing fly for it...

Quote Originally Posted by caddarik79 View Post
    but people don't go for HT to shave to the bone!!!
    If so, just accept your baldness and shave the horseshoe every f*ckin' two days ;-)
    That's why I was hoping Kristel would reply with "Dear Arashi don't you worry, when you wear your hair at about 5 mm, like you do, then you can have 6 HST's without any noticeable thinning in donor, don't you worry".

Hehe. But nothing ... Well maybe she's just busy and/or on a holiday or whatever but man ... all this lack of info after that "max 3 HST's statement"is not good for my mood...

Quote Originally Posted by caddarik79 View Post
    I am more and more tempted to stay the longest with my first one, and observe other people's result...and read Nigam and Gho threads... all the rest is bullshit...
    That's what I'm thinking of too. Wait till the results from the HASCI 50 grafts test are in and the one from Dr Nigams and then make a decision on what to do next.