+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

You know i think if after 6 hst there will be a visible difference. But only for a trained eye. Gc and saunders are at their 3rd procedure and their do or looks the same to the naked eye. I think a couple more and it will start to appear, but only to a trained hair obsessed eye.

Also, some non mpb shaved people have lower hair density and nobody, them included dont even pay attention to that.

Even more, the fact that u will lose some donor density without big white gaps will actually make ur hair more unifor in density.

However, its really sad that other than Im and jjrrs analysis of gc donor we have no other evidence that hst is legit and works. On the other hand, i dont think hasci is a scam what. It would be hard to argue that there is no regeneration with the donor analysis of gcuk.

At the same time, i also believe hasci is just bad with marketing. Considering the amount of time it took for them to put decent pictures on the web when there were already much better stuff circulating on the web of their own work.

They underestimatte the online community of hairloss. Its full of paranoid freaks that want irrefutable evidence because of the nature of the industry. Instead hasci leans towards branding through celebreties aiming mostly at the the average dutch joe that is clueless about hairloss.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    For sure. That's why I was hoping HASCI would clarify their (general) suggestion of max 3 HST's a bit. And what to expect for example after 6 HST's ? If after 6 HST's there are only subtle signs of thinning in donor, then I'll go ahead and have my 2nd HST this year, probably around september. But if after 6 HST's your donor looks pretty much how any donor looks like after 2 FUE's (quite noticeably thinner), then I'm going to be conservative and wait a while.

True that, mate I just shot another picture and feeling a lot better cause I see tons of new hairs that weren't visible with the naked eye. I guess 6 1/2 month (where I'm at now) is just way too early do draw any conclusions. I hope (and think) I'll be thrilled with the result in a few months. Will update with a picture soon.

to be honest, i'm at 9 months right now, had 1800 grafts, and i'm a bit disappointed...it did not change dramaticaly, it's not very dense, only HL is lower, but this was from day 1 post op...
    My hair from 6 months post op to 9 did not evolve a lot...in some mirrors it looks alright, but in day light or under a spotlight, it's not very convincing, especially when you pay 9400 euros for that.

So, I'm really hesitating with going for another or just wait that things improves, because even if I can afford, I don't like to have the feeling i'm throwing money trough the window...hope 12 months will change my mind but I doubt.

And the fact that they are still not showing real transformations, kind ok sucked my trust in it...

Quote Originally Posted by caddarik79 View Post

to be honest, i'm at 9 months right now, had 1800 grafts, and i'm a bit disappointed...it did not change dramaticaly, it's not very dense, only HL is lower, but this was from day 1 post op...
    My hair from 6 months post op to 9 did not evolve a lot...in some mirrors it looks alright, but in day light or under a spotlight, it's not very convincing, especially when you pay 9400 euros for that.
    Earnestly - what the hell did you expect from 1800 HST grafts??

It appears that you still had pre-existing hairs in the treatment area(s), which, perhaps, disappeared (at least partly) also in the meanwhile due to AGA and because of that, of course, in such a case, the result will practically look like the same in these areas than before. But without the treatment - the situation would be much worser now than before.

And as you you yourself noticed (everybody can see this in the pics), your HL is lower now, what indicates, that not just the HL grew, also practically everything IS there what they implanted.

Your situation is very similar than my situation in the front area, and I myself think a lot about the next step with HST:

1) Improvement (more density) in the front area OR...

2) leaving the front area "as is" with the 1st HST treatment, and move on with the 2nd treatment behind the front area (mid-scalp etc) ...

... that means those areas, which YOU will start to lose also in the coming years...

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post

It appears that you still had pre-existing hairs in the treatment area(s), which, perhaps, disappeared (at least partly) also in the meanwhile due to AGA and because of that, of course, in such a case, the result will practically look like the same in these areas than before. But without the treatment - the situation would be much worser now than before.

And as you you yourself noticed (everybody can see this in the pics), your HL is lower now, what indicates, that not just the HL grew, also practically everything IS there what they implanted.

Your situation is very similar than my situation in the front area, and I myself think a lot about the next step with HST:

1) Improvement (more density) in the front area OR...

2) leaving the front area "as is" with the 1st HST treatment, and move on with the 2nd treatment behind the front area (mid-scalp etc) ...

... that means those areas, which YOU will start to lose also in the coming years...

I know IM, but I let them grow, I don't know about you, so they are 3 or 4 cm...and seriously, it's see trough under daylight or spotlight.
    I was not slick bald, I was thinning but still had a certain amount of hair even in front...I really expected a better result especially that it was really all implanted in the front...I mean, in terms of coverage, and compared to some online FUE results with same amount of grafts, it's a bit deceiving.

and 10K's for being a bit deceived is not best...when shaved, it looks more dense, but people don't do HT to shave their head, you do that to enjoy your hair.

And about the second procedure, I was totally in, but there are so many doubts now, and with this new 3 HST max advised, you can not deny that for a 80-85% regeneration rate revolutionnary procedure, it's a bit weird...also when you remember Gho saying that they have a patient with 9 procedures and only a slig***y depleted donor for 13.000 grafts received.

Why do they retract or first of all why does it seem that they have the same limitation as FUE for the maximum grafts you will be able to have on your top in the end...

I mean, you know the subject, even better then me.
    And you also know that some kings of FUE like Lorenzo I gave in example, did 11.000 grafts on some patients.

Considering that with HST you can at least use twice your donor, AT LEAST and idealisticaly, they should be able to re-use it more then once or twice... in my mind, it means that they should be able to transplant your entire donor, at least twice, on top... but then, there is always this easy answer, saying that in THEORY, it's possible...

It's simple, I'm not bashing, but I kind of start to understand the lack of enthusiasm of some people here (am not talking about the automatic criticism)... FUE by Cole or Lorenzo brought some patient to acceptable results... means that HST should be able to promise great result, just because of the aim and the specificity of their technique...

And for your choice about the second, I would get my front fuller and maybe a bit in mid.... like, 1000 more front + 600 in mid... then maybe you can start to comb backwards...and cover vertex until HST 3 and 4...

...it's a bit weird...also when you remember Gho saying that they have a patient with 9 procedures and only a slig***y depleted donor for 13.000 grafts received.

[...]

I mean, you know the subject, even better then me.
    And you also know that some kings of FUE like Lorenzo I gave in example, did 11.000 grafts on some patients.
    Nothing is "weird" here, because what do you know about such patient's donor area quality, number of "available grafts", hair characteristics etc??

For example - my own donor situation, 3 days after just 1400 HST extractions:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2012/3/...Area-Day-3.jpg

Okay, and now try to imagine (just TRY to imagine!!) around 10,000 to 13,000 normal FUE extractions in my personal donor area - I wouldn't have something like a "donor area" anymore thereafter!! My "donor area" would just consist of slick bald scar tissue thereafter!

Can you maybe post a recent picture Caddarick ? Would love to see it.

If my hairs don't progress after this point (6 1/2 month) I'm going to be quite disappointed as well. However, like said, I do see quite a lot of extremely thin (=new) hairs so I'm still hopeful.

Whatever, I'll post a picture too, hold on, going to shoot one.

Okay, and now try to imagine (just TRY to imagine!!) around 10,000 to 13,000 normal FUE extractions in my personal donor area - I wouldn't have something like a "donor area" anymore thereafter!! My "donor area" would just consist of slick bald scar tissue thereafter!

Nothing is "weird" here, because what do you know about such patient's donor area quality, number of "available grafts", hair characteristics etc??

Yes IM, I know, I tought of that, but still, HST in general should bring 3 times more than FUE...
    I know you had a FUT, but the wassup case of Cole for example, reached around 8000, not shocking in his donor... if I was transfering him to Gho, I would expect a 16.000 possible...

I have some points but don't elude mines, 80-85% regeneration should really guarantee a full head ... with numerous procedures and taking it step by step every year...but still...

LOL, and yes, your drawing is kind of putting the light on what we are talking about... but let's be honest, there is something wrong in their communication...

This is a good remark. Oftentimes you see people talk about a 'great' or 'disappointing' result. But doesn't it all depend on how many grafts you got and in which area ? I mean if you got 1800 grafts spread all over the top of your head, and all grafts survived, the result can look 'disappointing' while in fact it was just the best possible result (all grafts survived). Hence I think we should think of graft survival in order to judge a result.

Hence, I just looked up a picture, just after the crusts came off (8 days post surgery). I hadn't lost much (if any at all) grafts then: http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/...g/13206710.jpg

This is now, 6 1/2 month after surgery: http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/...g/13206707.jpg

It's a little hard to compare maybe since my hair is now longer. I'll shave it down to the size of the first picture in a few weeks (or maybe next month) and then I can do a really good comparison.

However at first glance I'd say that if indeed I get about 35% more (which is to be expected on average after 6 1/2 months), I'd say the result is going to be pretty decent.

However it also shows the limitation of 1600 grafts for such a big area (I've gotten both temples filled up, lowered the hairline AND densed up the area between the temples). And that's exactly why I was planning to go for way more than 3 surgeries and now all of a sudden HASCI says they advise a max of 3 ... It's quite disappointing !