+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

And as for the use of other anabolic drugs, you probably know that with dut in your veins, you can't use virtually anything.

There are two steroids that don't exacerbate hairloss: Oxandrolone and nandrolone. But in the case of oxandrolone, you must reckon with that this drug won't increase androgenic activity in your body above the normal level, which is a "hairloss level". You can use oxandrolone with minoxidil, because the androgenic stimulus that minoxidil counterbalances will remain the same. Your hair won't feel any change. However, 5-AR blockers will save you only from DHT, not from other androgens. Therefore, the androgenic attack on your follicles will be similar to the state like if you were taking no 5-AR blocker. It is true that on oxandrolone, it may not be too dramatic, but I wouldn't risk it. In fact, after the dreadful winter experience, I sold all my stores of oxandrolone powder to my friend. LOL

Nandrolone is probably an even better choice for hairloss sufferers, because it is converted by the 5-AR enzyme into a much less potent steroid. However, if you take a 5-AR blocker, you will prevent this conversion, which will almost certainly lead to a disaster.

So, what to do? It seems that science offers a new solution: Ursolic acid. It was tested very successfully in lab rats as an anabolic with excellent fat-burning properties. But as a sports supplement (sold as "Ursobolic"), I think that it has rather failed so far. Nevertheless, the dosages used in rats would correspond to ca. 1.5 gram/day in humans. And the dosages recommended by the producer of Ursobolic are only 0.5-1 g/day. Furthermore, Ursobolic is very expensive. Therefore, I ordered ursolic acid from China, for a much smaller price. But I haven't used it yet. Perhaps during this summer. One interesting thing on ursolic acid is the fact that it has certain benefits with regard to the stimulation of hair growth. Actually, I have already read at least two internet reports about a sudden hair regrowth during the use of Ursobolic.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...ic-log-13.html

Well, that's all I can offer to you. I am not aware of any other anabolic drug that you could use - except IGF-1 and the growth hormone. But these are pretty expensive drugs and the probability that you will buy a fake is very high. In fact, the reality is such that you can quite safely order steroids from China, but a growth hormone can easily turn out to be fake, even if you ordered it from your reliable steroid supplier.

Inactive

WarLord, you really seem to know a lot about this. Thank you for sharing this information with me. At the end of the day, I would rather be a stick with a full head of hair so it probably isn't worth the risk for me to even use the gentlest of steroids. I guess I will just be patient and who knows? Maybe I will have good results now that I have learned a lot more about nutrition and proper lifting. Be sure to let us know how your experiences with ursolic acid go.

What's your current regimen? Has your loss completely stopped again with the addition of duta? Did you ever order duta powder from Kane? I was considering adding another 0.5mg topically and I would likely get it from him or just squeeze out a gel cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Aames View Post
    WarLord, you really seem to know a lot about this. Thank you for sharing this information with me. At the end of the day, I would rather be a stick with a full head of hair so it probably isn't worth the risk for me to even use the gentlest of steroids. I guess I will just be patient and who knows? Maybe I will have good results now that I have learned a lot more about nutrition and proper lifting. Be sure to let us know how your experiences with ursolic acid go.

What's your current regimen? Has your loss completely stopped again with the addition of duta? Did you ever order duta powder from Kane? I was considering adding another 0.5mg topically and I would likely get it from him or just squeeze out a gel cap.
    I also reconsidered my priorities. I won't risk any anabolic drugs anymore. I realized that I couldn't handle being bald. I would get mad.

And as for my current situation, I said that my hairloss had stopped ca. 1 month after the addition of Avodart (during March). I began with very low dosages, though - 0.5 mg every 4 days. After 5 weeks, I was already using 0.5 mg EOD. And in mid April, I further increased my dosage up to 0.375 mg/day (1.5 mg every 4 days). Since late May I have been taking 0.375 mg Avodart/day+0.375 mg dutasteride powder/day. This, together with 1.25 mg fin/day, would roughly correspond to 0.85 mg dut/day. But I am still not sure about the identity of the powder and I sent it to a lab.

In any case, my current DHT levels (from late May) are very low - 7.3 ng/dl. This is 4-times lower than my DHT levels on finasteride, and exactly what you would expect in an average dutasteride user. I suppose that if the powder is legit, DHT will drop even deeper. Other hormones are O.K.: Moderate levels of testosterone, low estradiol. So I am really not afraid of gyno.

I started to experience some regrowth in late May, but so far it's been rather pathetic. If I am not satisfied, I will futher increase my dutasteride dosage and perhaps I will also add topical RU. If the dutasteride powder is legit, my supplies are virtually unlimited.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Kayman View Post
    Come on man natty isn't so bad, lets say you put on 1b a month bulking, at the end of 12 months you cut, 6lbs of that weight gain was muscle, repeat twice, 2 years or so and you got 12lbs, that's a whole lot of muscle right there man. Okay sure it's not the 3 months that roids will do it in, but 2 years isn't so bad.
    I wouldn't even know where to begin trying to find a source. There was a gym near me that had a rep for it and thus people would join it for said reason but it cleaned itself up over that past couple of years.
    Agh I know, brah. Just such a long road ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by WarLord View Post
    I also reconsidered my priorities. I won't risk any anabolic drugs anymore. I realized that I couldn't handle being bald. I would get mad.

And as for my current situation, I said that my hairloss had stopped ca. 1 month after the addition of Avodart (during March). I began with very low dosages, though - 0.5 mg every 4 days. After 5 weeks, I was already using 0.5 mg EOD. And in mid April, I further increased my dosage up to 0.375 mg/day (1.5 mg every 4 days). Since late May I have been taking 0.375 mg Avodart/day+0.375 mg dutasteride powder/day. This, together with 1.25 mg fin/day, would roughly correspond to 0.85 mg dut/day. But I am still not sure about the identity of the powder and I sent it to a lab.

In any case, my current DHT levels (from late May) are very low - 7.3 ng/dl. This is 4-times lower than my DHT levels on finasteride, and exactly what you would expect in an average dutasteride user. I suppose that if the powder is legit, DHT will drop even deeper. Other hormones are O.K.: Moderate levels of testosterone, low estradiol. So I am really not afraid of gyno.

I started to experience some regrowth in late May, but so far it's been rather pathetic. If I am not satisfied, I will futher increase my dutasteride dosage and perhaps I will also add topical RU. If the dutasteride powder is legit, my supplies are virtually unlimited.
    Excellent. I'm glad to see you have everything back under control. Thank you for sharing your experience and knowledge with me. One final question: do you think ephedrine has any implications in hair loss? A google search finds a lot of paranoia but it is like that for almost any drug. If so, would any hair lost grow back? I swear I notice increased shedding when on it but it could just be my imagination. It really helps with my appetite and energy whilst cutting.

Inactive

Also, thoughts on hair loss from severe dieting? As long as the follicles have not succumbed to DHT, it should grow back, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Aames View Post
    Agh I know, brah. Just such a long road ahead.

Excellent. I'm glad to see you have everything back under control. Thank you for sharing your experience and knowledge with me. One final question: do you think ephedrine has any implications in hair loss? A google search finds a lot of paranoia but it is like that for almost any drug. If so, would any hair lost grow back? I swear I notice increased shedding when on it but it could just be my imagination. It really helps with my appetite and energy whilst cutting.
    As for ephedrine and hairloss, I won't help you. I don't know, how ephedrine could exacerbate hair loss, but I am really not acquianted with this topic.

Inactive

As for ephedrine and hairloss, I won't help you. I don't know, how ephedrine could exacerbate hair loss, but I am really not acquianted with this topic.
    Fair enough, man. Thanks again. I've read nothing but theories. Some speculate that since it is so structurally similar to amphetamines, it could be a possibility. It also may restrict blood flow to the scalp. Probably not worth the risk at the end of the day. I'm going to try to avoid all medications apart from duta and fin from now on.

Didnt they stop the development of Andarine (S4) because it induced serious occular side effects?

I remember reading about it a few years back. These drugs are still in the investigational stages right? If so, how are you guys getting your hands on them?

Black market?

The only pharmaceutical reason ephedrine could in theory contribute to hair loss would not be the hair loss related to male pattern baldness which I think this topic is being aimed at discussing in this case.

For instance extreme stress can cause hair loss (literally go bald). Ephedrine could exacerbate the pronpblem by increasing anxiety in some people. I know I take adderall for ADHD and most stimulants have the opposite effect on me. But things like caffeine and ephedrine work differently and I feel those like anyone else. So have felt how they can cause anxiety where I haad previously only felt mildly anxious. (Note: effects on anxiety and energy levels vary greatly from individual to individual).

PS: this is a bit old of a thread but it still comes up on the first page of googling so people will inevitably still read this.
    Last edited by CS41XYZ; 04-22-2017 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Grammar

I'm not sure why you are using Finasteride and Dutasteride at the same time. Or why you wouldn't just taken .5mg dutasteride daily. Fin has a very short half life (like most drugs) to where it might work better splitting the dose twice a day. Dut has a half life which is insanely long compared to most drugs. It's 4-5 weeks long. So taking 1mg now means in one month you'll still have .5mg in you. Dut also lowers dht levels the same amount whether you take fin with it or not. The extra fin is a waste of money at best.

Even if the powder you get is substantially cheaper and that's why you get it I would still just stick to .375mg dut a day. Some doctors prescribe it at .5mg EOD or every third day because it still builds up in he body with such a long half life. And it does more than fin. The fin you are taking realistically is simply not doing anything in your body except being there.