+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    Hi User1991
    "To be honest I haven't been paying attention to my hair at all, i guess that's good"
    That is actually a very good thing for you to do.
    The old phrase 'Patience is a virtue' is prevalent when it comes to our hair and the application of Fin'.
    User' your head of hair is great. Finasteride may very well be keeping your hair intact. The density in mine is coming along quite well. Ive been on Finasteride for approx 10 months now.
    Thanks dude! Means a lot. Ya it helps to just stay busy and be active. It's pretty crazy a year went by already honestly, flew by! Good luck dude, wish you the best of luck as well!

hey man hows your progress coming along? you still taking 0.5mg fin or did you up it to 1mg?

Quote Originally Posted by goldbondmafia View Post
    hey man hows your progress coming along? you still taking 0.5mg fin or did you up it to 1mg?
    Hey man! It's going well! I've actually been on 1mg of fin the past year...it's actually been a year and 2 months now! I haven't upped the dose because I've been pretty happy with how it's coming along. I'm really not worried about it anymore, but I continue to take 1mg every night before bed. My dermatologist actually took several pictures of my hairline the day before I started taking propecia and I'm going back in 2 weeks because I'm curious what he has to say and compare. I'll post up some pictures tomorrow! Hope ya'll are doing great with your hair! Peace!

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by user1991 View Post
    Hey man! It's going well! I've actually been on 1mg of fin the past year...it's actually been a year and 2 months now! I haven't upped the dose because I've been pretty happy with how it's coming along. I'm really not worried about it anymore, but I continue to take 1mg every night before bed. My dermatologist actually took several pictures of my hairline the day before I started taking propecia and I'm going back in 2 weeks because I'm curious what he has to say and compare. I'll post up some pictures tomorrow! Hope ya'll are doing great with your hair! Peace!
    You appear to have a decent head of hair in the photos but a good head of hair in your early twenties really doesn't mean a whole lot. Your mother's father not being bald definitely works in your favor. My brother had a great head of hair until he was 28 but we both got nailed from both sides of the family. Good you got on Propecia and I believe far better treatments are only a few years away. There's just too much research and it's approaching the point where at least a preventive cure will be very obvious.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant 1070 Powers Place Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice. Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    You appear to have a decent head of hair in the photos but a good head of hair in your early twenties really doesn't mean a whole lot. Your mother's father not being bald definitely works in your favor. My brother had a great head of hair until he was 28 but we both got nailed from both sides of the family. Good you got on Propecia and I believe far better treatments are only a few years away. There's just too much research and it's approaching the point where at least a preventive cure will be very obvious.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant 1070 Powers Place Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice. Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck
    Oh I'm totally aware! Hopefully everything works out but if it doesn't I'm not going to let it ruin my life. It's just hair after all obviously I'd rather have it but it's up to the genes now haha.

Here are the pictures I promised! Cut my hair pretty short for the summer....it was just too damn hot haha.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0582.jpg

Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	33385   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0586.jpg

Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	33386   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0588.jpg

Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	33387   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0592.jpg

Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	33388   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0606.jpg

Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	33389   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.jpg

Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	33390   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.jpg

Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	33391  

Hey guys! Just wanted to write some final thoughts. After about a year of 1mg propecia I decided to hop off of it. It's been two months without propecia and I've literally seen no difference....kind of weird but pretty glad! I stopped because it was getting pricey and really not worth it anymore. I was extremely fortunate to not have any side effects at all throughout the process and none after stopping as well. I simply stopped worrying about my hair, I dont know how or why, but I'm so glad haha! Take care guys! Peace!

Hey guys! It's been quite a while since i've been on here but just randomly thought about this site and figured I'd give my two cents on my hair loss experience. Since I've quit propecia not only have I been saving a crap ton of money but I noticed that I actually haven't had any difference in my hair loss progression (from what I can tell). I did notice that I literally have stopped shedding nearly as much as I did while I was on propecia and although that may or may not be a good thing, it gives me a more peace of mind for some reason haha. Well hope ya'll are doing great and if anyone has any questions feel free to lemme know! Peace!