+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Finasteride actually prevents prostate cancer....the primary reason for an association with prostate cancer is the reduction of the prostate size and PSA test values, makes any preliminary prostate cancer less likely to be detected, and therefore the cancer is detected later, at a higher grade...Have to tell your physician you are on finasteride so they can take this into account when assessing your PSA test and prostate digital exam

Quote Originally Posted by user1991 View Post
    Hey guys! Just a short update: officially 3 weeks on generic fin! Ummm still 0 side effects! but i haven't seen any anything new with hair or shedding, i think this is a mental thing but my hair does feel better but who knows ha? Also have a question. I was wondering if any one knows if taking whey protein could potentially effect hair loss or propecia? Thanks! Peace guys!
    Nope whey won't affect hair loss. I used to use it regularly then on and off. Just avoid creatine cause that raises DHT levels.

Quote Originally Posted by goldbondmafia View Post
    Nope whey won't affect hair loss. I used to use it regularly then on and off. Just avoid creatine cause that raises DHT levels.
    sweet thanks!! Ya i've been using hydro whey protein from gnc so just wondering if maybe it was doing something since its been 3 weeks and no sides , maybe just lucked out

sweet thanks!! Ya i've been using hydro whey protein from gnc so just wondering if maybe it was doing something since its been 3 weeks and no sides , maybe just lucked out
    If your in the states you can buy whey online at bodybuilding.com and even including shipping you'll save a shiiton of money. GNC is known for ridiculously high prices.

BTW, if I were you Id avoid hydro whey (compared to regular whey) :
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...7759203&page=1
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...3066453&page=1

Ya I usually get it online for cheaper ha nah man it's all about the hydro whey, been using it for over a year now and have had great results for a leaner built. Unless it can mess up my hair then I'm done! Haha

Well today was the day....crazy massive shedding. Still nothing noticeable, but when I showered, a shit ton of hair was all over my hands Now we wait for what i hope is some decent results...Peace guys!

Inactive

Well today was the day....crazy massive shedding. Still nothing noticeable, but when I showered, a shit ton of hair was all over my hands Now we wait for what i hope is some decent results...Peace guys!
    Relax, brah. It's only been a month. Your hair still looks great when it is dry and styled. If I saw you IRL with your hair styled two years ago, I would never have guessed that you were balding. I say two years ago because now I am a trained hawk that can spot out the slightest hint of balding on anyone that I come across. I've had to stop myself several times from telling coworkers, friends, and others to get on fin ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Aames View Post
    Relax, brah. It's only been a month. Your hair still looks great when it is dry and styled. If I saw you IRL with your hair styled two years ago, I would never have guessed that you were balding. I say two years ago because now I am a trained hawk that can spot out the slightest hint of balding on anyone that I come across. I've had to stop myself several times from telling coworkers, friends, and others to get on fin ASAP.
    Thanks, ya that's one of the reasons i'm keeping it long. I know, honestly, this month FLEW by! I guess it's good though cause I hear you usually see the side effects the first month and if u don't, you should be good? But we shall see...knock on wood.
    Also I'm heading to vegas with some college friends for a 2 weeks so when I get back will do an update with some pics of the hair!! Peace guys!!

how many hairs would you say? when mine is wet I usually run my hand through and get like 2-5. Never occurred before fin I don't think.

Im only two weeks in on 1 mg and noticed a few more hairs shedding than usual, although it could be a mental thing since im sort of looking for hairs you know?

Hey guys been a while just a little update! Started taking 1 mg propecia two weeks ago and still not much of a difference I see. Other than that everything is still functioning in my body. I have some new pics but my hair has gotten long so idk how I'm doing growth wise...but I have some pictures I'm posting in a bit peace guys!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	21870