+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by goldbondmafia View Post
    I just saw my guy this morning he gave me generic finasteride as well. BTW, when I talked to my doctor he warned me of all the sides and mentioned prostate cancer (which I had never heard of before). Did your family doctor in NY say anything about this? Its kind of freaking me out a bit but its probably not the biggest deal.
    He's just doing his job, which is to be informative and transparent about all possible outcomes. The numbers say reported side effects are rare.

I hadn't heard the prostate bit either. It's a bit counter-intuitive actually.

I just saw my guy this morning he gave me generic finasteride as well. BTW, when I talked to my doctor he warned me of all the sides and mentioned prostate cancer (which I had never heard of before). Did your family doctor in NY say anything about this? Its kind of freaking me out a bit but its probably not the biggest deal.
    Ya I was told the exact same thing. My first doctor in Chicago straight up sat me down for like 30 minutes and told me EVERYTHING to propecia and it's sides and it's rareness and the age range between when it happens and such and such. After him saying all that he said after being in this business for 35 years, he still recommends propecia. He said and i quote "it's a miracle drug". Regarding the prostate cancer he said that he hasn't heard any cases of propecia being the sole cause of prostate cancer and mentioned a whole bunch of stuff I barely understood, but ultimately said that I shouldn't even worry about it, but as a doctor, it's his job just to inform his patients and give his educated opinion. But ya honestly I am taking all these warnings with great care and if I notice something out of the usual I'll keep everyone posted. It's been a week and a day and still nothing so I dont have much to say yet but soon! Wish you the best of luck dude!! Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by user1991 View Post
    Ya I was told the exact same thing. My first doctor in Chicago straight up sat me down for like 30 minutes and told me EVERYTHING to propecia and it's sides and it's rareness and the age range between when it happens and such and such. After him saying all that he said after being in this business for 35 years, he still recommends propecia. He said and i quote "it's a miracle drug". Regarding the prostate cancer he said that he hasn't heard any cases of propecia being the sole cause of prostate cancer and mentioned a whole bunch of stuff I barely understood, but ultimately said that I shouldn't even worry about it, but as a doctor, it's his job just to inform his patients and give his educated opinion. But ya honestly I am taking all these warnings with great care and if I notice something out of the usual I'll keep everyone posted. It's been a week and a day and still nothing so I dont have much to say yet but soon! Wish you the best of luck dude!! Peace!
    thanks bud good luck as well. Today is my first day .5mg too !!!! Honestly don't even care about all these potential sides anymore just gonna live normally

thanks bud good luck as well. Today is my first day .5mg too !!!! Honestly don't even care about all these potential sides anymore just gonna live normally
    Congrats dude! That's exactly how I feel! Honestly since I've started fin, i've started feeling confident and not worried cause I know I'm at least taking precautions for my hair

Also another update: Still no side effects! Also started taking 5mg of biotin once a day Peace guys!

I have been on fin for 4 months now. My side effects were few and disappeared after a few weeks. Everyone is different and if I ever had a SEVERE side effect, I would have discontinued immediately and seen my doctor.

So just keep an eye on it. Chances are 96% you wont have any major side effects.

Quote Originally Posted by user1991 View Post
    Congrats dude! That's exactly how I feel! Honestly since I've started fin, i've started feeling confident and not worried cause I know I'm at least taking precautions for my hair

Also another update: Still no side effects! Also started taking 5mg of biotin once a day Peace guys!
    Do you ever think you will go up to 1mg? I am getting back into lifting weights and am thinking I might up it to 1mg in a week or two. BTW I took biotin in the past, it didn't help really in hair thickness it just grew my hair a lot faster. You will notice your nails growing quick too, I usually keep some around if I get a bad haircut lol

Do you ever think you will go up to 1mg? I am getting back into lifting weights and am thinking I might up it to 1mg in a week or two. BTW I took biotin in the past, it didn't help really in hair thickness it just grew my hair a lot faster. You will notice your nails growing quick too, I usually keep some around if I get a bad haircut lol
    Honestly, I'm a day away from two weeks and have 0 side effects, which was one reason i was doing .5, so i think after one more week or so i'm gonna bump it up to 1 mg. Still not too sure though, and honestly been wanting to add 5% minox foam. I originally wanted to just take fin and see it's effects alone but honestly I'm pretty willing to just do them both at same time and take them maybe for life or till i just don't want to anymore. I mean it's like brushing your teeth in the morning and night, just adding like 5 minutes more for minox foam right? But idk honestly haha. But i'll definitely post on here IF i do decide to add or change something up

2 week update: No sides, no shedding...yet, no loss i think, and no improvement I think. I am taking 4 pictures of my hairline at the end of each week so hopefully after a year, I'll be able to differentiate something Unfortunately, I have pretty longish hair so can't tell, but I'm planning on cutting it super short when I get back from a trip with some friends Peace guys!!

I've heard the thing about prostate cancer as well.. does anyone have any further info relating to this?

Hey guys! Just a short update: officially 3 weeks on generic fin! Ummm still 0 side effects! but i haven't seen any anything new with hair or shedding, i think this is a mental thing but my hair does feel better but who knows ha? Also have a question. I was wondering if any one knows if taking whey protein could potentially effect hair loss or propecia? Thanks! Peace guys!

Quote Originally Posted by KateLeFeb View Post
    I've heard the thing about prostate cancer as well.. does anyone have any further info relating to this?
    Propecia Does Not Increase Prostate Cancer Risk According to Chief Medical Officer of The American Cancer Society

http://www.thebaldtruth.com/hair-los...e-cancer-risk/