+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Sabre View Post
    Thanks all for the replies. I was wondering if it would be wise when starting to take the fin to take 1 quarter every other day as I am wary of the side effects aswell
    Taper onto it.

Here's what I did, approximately:
    Cut a pill into 8 tiny pieces, took one right away (day 1)
    Took a little piece every other day for the first couple days
    Got impatient, and went everyday until the small pieces were gone
    Moved up to 1/6th of a pill every day for ~2 months
    Moved up to 1/4th of a pill for ~1 month
    Went back down to 1/6th last week

So yeah, just work your way up a full 1/6th or 1/4th pill. Play it by ear. If nothing else, it will give you peace of mind.

how do you get them cut into 6ths the pill cutters i see go up to 4 unless you trust your hand-eye coordination which i do not possess in the least

Quote Originally Posted by Sabre View Post
    how do you get them cut into 6ths the pill cutters i see go up to 4 unless you trust your hand-eye coordination which i do not possess in the least
    I just use a sharp knife and eye-ball it. But yeah, 4ths is pretty easy, while 6ths takes a bit more diligence.

Just do your best, and don't stress it. A bit of inaccuracy isn't going to make or break effectiveness.

You'll be fine dude.

Looking at the pics you provided I wouldn't let your hair get to you. I struggled to see any thinning.

If you don't like the idea of taking the drugs for the rest of your life maybe give a shaved head a shot? Black guys usually look pretty good with a shaved head and you seem to have a good skull shape.

The important thing is don't let your hair mess with your emotions/confidence. It's just not worth it.

Inactive

Everyone is steering you in the right direction. Even if you do eventually lose it, black guys tend to look a lot better than white guys with shaved heads.

Sabre.... Bigthinkers info on Fin is very useful. I'd also use the other 2 products to really see if you can stop your hairloss...... although I don't even think you have any to be honest. with a short style like yours, Rogaine foam is fine. use it 2X a day. it will not effect your look with a hair cut that short. Use Nizoral shampoo 3X a week.

If using these 3 don't make you happy after a year, just shave your head.....
    Black men look fantastic with that look.

Good luck.

sabre, I honestly do not think you are losing hair. Not sure why everyone on here is rushing for you to go on FIN or anything either

http://www.iahrs.org/hair-transplant/

Go there and click on Find a Doctor and find one closest to you and make an appointment to see what they say. I am almost 100% sure you are not thinning based on the pictures you provided your hair looks the same thickness all the way around.

Maybe let it grow out for 2-4 weeks then post pictures? short hair makes it harder to determine

Quote Originally Posted by goldbondmafia View Post
    sabre, I honestly do not think you are losing hair. Not sure why everyone on here is rushing for you to go on FIN or anything either

Go there and click on Find a Doctor and find one closest to you and make an appointment to see what they say. I am almost 100% sure you are not thinning based on the pictures you provided your hair looks the same thickness all the way around.

Maybe let it grow out for 2-4 weeks then post pictures? short hair makes it harder to determine
    While I agree he should seek consultation from a professional, most of us know when we're balding -- regardless of what our friends, family members, and others say.

Anyways, I'd see a dermatologist before some hair transplant doctor any day.

Quote Originally Posted by goldbondmafia View Post

I think most here have commented about what we think is his lack of hair loss. Regardless, he knows best if he's begun losing hair. Dermatologist or even his pcp is a good place to start since he needs a prescription for propecia anyway....

I am currently letting it grow right now so I can post pictures but I have also begun using the rogaine 2x on my days off and only at night for the days i work since it leaves a grey residue all over my scalp. Ill get back with pictures when I grow it out but I assure you as much as I hate to say it I am thinning I bought the shampoo off amazon but its a 3 week eta on delivery so Ill start that when it gets here aswell