+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Advice for a black male

Hi all... new here and to hair loss respectively and wanted some advice. I noticed my top began thinning a couple of months ago and have decided to finally do something about it. I have some some topical rogaine sitting on my desk but im hesitant to use it. As you can see the loss is not so bad I just want to stop it in its tracks before it gets worse. I've been reading into using fin but have yet to find a reputable site to buy it though there are some on this site. Any advice would be greatly appreciated my fellow brothers...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0145.jpg

Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	21239   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0148.jpg

Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	21240  

You sure you are losing your hair? It's hard to tell with those pics, they need better lighting. I would recoemend starting minoxidil if you feel uneasy about starting fin, I am only applying it once a day which is much less hassle and I'm hoping it will maintain what I have for a little while.

Ya Im sure and its probably the lighting ill try to take some more when I have a chance but the thinning is very noticeable when I let my hair grow out more than two weeks which is why I keep it cut very low at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Sabre View Post
    Ya Im sure and its probably the lighting ill try to take some more when I have a chance but the thinning is very noticeable when I let my hair grow out more than two weeks which is why I keep it cut very low at the moment
    I keep it buzzed as well, like I say I would recomend using minox once a day to begin with, I have not noticed any side effects. I also tapered up to the once a day application.

Will do but I am wondering will the minox also help regrow whats already been thinned out or just halt the loss of more

Completely depends on how you respond to it, if you use it twice a day as recomended then you will be more likely to get better results but at the end of the day it depends on whether you are a good responder or not. Only way to find out is to try it.

I've been on it 3 months, too early to tell if it's gonna do wonders for me but I definately haven't lost any more hair. You might also go through a shed but that is usually a good sign as the hair will come back stronger.

Also, propecia would porbably be more adviced for your situation as you still have most of your hair, but only you can make that decision. I'm slightly concerned by the potential side effects of fin so I don't think that it is for me but it would most likely do you well as you are in the early stages of mpb.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabre View Post
    Hi all... new here and to hair loss respectively and wanted some advice. I noticed my top began thinning a couple of months ago and have decided to finally do something about it. I have some some topical rogaine sitting on my desk but im hesitant to use it. As you can see the loss is not so bad I just want to stop it in its tracks before it gets worse. I've been reading into using fin but have yet to find a reputable site to buy it though there are some on this site. Any advice would be greatly appreciated my fellow brothers...
    Hey dude,

http://www.inhousepharmacy.biz/p-178-fincar-5mg.aspx

I just bought my second batch of fin from here. It's a great deal. They come in 5mg pills, so you'll want to cut then into 4ths (1.25mg) or 6ths (0.833mg), and maybe even smaller so you can taper onto the drug.

Similar to Rogaine, finasteride is basically a life-long commitment -- or as long as you want to keep your hair. However, popping a pill is much easier than applying some goop on your head twice a day.

Also, finasteride from inhouse is stupid cheap. Shipping is free, and it's $27 for 30, 5mg pills.

Say, you decide to do 6ths (0.833mg).
    6 x 30 = 180 doses
    $27 / 180 = $0.15
    Boom. 15 cents a day.

Or, think of it this way:
    $27 for 180 days.
    $54 for 360 days/1 year.

Do your research on the drug before starting. Do your best not to stress out or worry. And, just listen to your body. If something doesn't feel legit, go see a doc.

Good luck, man.

The website BigThinker linked you to is where I get my Dutasteride pills, they are legit.

Thanks all for the replies. I was wondering if it would be wise when starting to take the fin to take 1 quarter every other day as I am wary of the side effects aswell