+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Spencer vs Spex

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    I did dectect some sarcasm lol

I personally have had no negative experiences with finasteride, only positive.

I have not experienced any ( known ) side effects, however i appreciate that's not the case for everyone.

I hope this helps.
    Best
    Spex
    From me? I hope not. I'm genuinely making enquiries.

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    I did dectect some sarcasm lol

I personally have had no negative experiences with finasteride, only positive.

I have not experienced any ( known ) side effects, however i appreciate that's not the case for everyone.

I hope this helps.
    Best
    Spex
    But what do you think generally of individuals who state this drug has literally permanently castrated them?/destroyed their sex lives & erectile function?

What worries me is the idiocy of Merck generally, because in 1997 they stated that they believed DHT had no real role to play in the male human body.

I mean, wtf? How can a company this large make such a colossal mistake? (I always say, if ENRON can, anyone can).

Anyway Spex, I have always respected and appreciated your contribution to the hair loss community, I wish we could all have the same experience with Finasteride that you enjoy, because your documented progress gives hope to those even in the 'significant' stages of hair loss (NW 4/5).

Absolutely UK. Agree with what you say above. Seeing the results Spex has had really inspires me to go down that road, I'd like to think I could benefit.

But it's the risk of long term sides that worry me so much.

Also Spex, do you feel finasteride has had NO physiological (does not have to be visible) effects on the hair located in the temporal regions of the scalp?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    Absolutely UK. Agree with what you say above. Seeing the results Spex has had really inspires me to go down that road, I'd like to think I could benefit.

But it's the risk of long term sides that worry me so much.
    Yes, I totally understand what you're saying, but the cold truth of the matter is this:

If you decide not to go ahead with Fin, then you will always wonder what could have been, then on the other hand you have the obvious reality of inducing the side effects experienced by those members of propeciahelp.

It's a pretty shitty situation, the one thing I can say however, is that Merck were COMPLETELY WRONG to make the assertion that DHT has no use in the ADULT male human body, that has to be the most ridiculous medical assertion I have ever heard.

JCM, if you want to know what really scared me off Fin, it's when MEW (the administrator of propeciahelp.com) posted links of the effects of castrated rats and finasteride-induced rats on erectile function, when you read the results, it's as if the FIN-induced rats were on crutches (testosterone without DHT) when it came to maintaining physiological penile function.

DHT is a very, very powerful androgen that has a significant role to play in the male human body.

Damn it. That's so worrying. It really is a gamble. I understand to some degree why some people brush sides off when they don't get them. But if you do get them, it's a bleak future ahead and also you'll lose your hair anyway.

But the "what if I never take it, what would have been?" voice won't stop nagging me.
    Last edited by Jcm800; 06-04-2013 at 02:22 AM. Reason: Reworded

Or take RU and wait for actual worthwhile treatments to come to the market like C b 03 that don't risk losing you're sex life.

JCM,

From me? I hope not. I'm genuinely making enquiries.
    No, not from you. I was referring to Northeasts comment that we should stop taking finasteride - he was joking.

But what do you think generally of individuals who state this drug has literally permanently castrated them?/destroyed their sex lives & erectile function?
    It most certainly happens to some and it is a tragic shame that they are effected by the sides in such a way. I feel for them. I appreciate i am fortunate not to have experienced these sides or any for that mater. I have spoken to many guys over the years and i have indeed spoken to guys who have experienced them,it is a small number but they do happen - but the majority i have spoken to have only positive things to say about it. I think this can be said for all drugs - that not everyone responds exactly the same. Im not a Doctor and can only give you my opinion on the matter. I wish i didnt have to take it but i feel i do to maintain my hair.

Anyway Spex, I have always respected and appreciated your contribution to the hair loss community, I wish we could all have the same experience with Finasteride that you enjoy, because your documented progress gives hope to those even in the 'significant' stages of hair loss (NW 4/5).
    Cheers - I also wish that were the case too.

Regards
    Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Cheers Spex.

UK did I read here somewhere that you've had some success with RU?

Also UK, when you first tried Fin, you said before you had general thickening of your hair after three months I believe? And also sides, how bad were they? Do you think you could have persevered and pressed onwards in hindsight? or were the alarm bells ringing badly at the time?

Don't mean to pry, but I know you tell it as it is cheers.