+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

It looks fine just the way it is now. If anything maybe cut the sides much shorter as it will give you the appearance of more hair on top. I have extensive scarring and I just leave the back slightly longer not a big deal.

Approaching the 5th month.

Like it!

Inactive

Viziony-

Looks fantastic buddy......look how nicely your crown is filling in, in your most recent photos!! This is going to be an excellent result. You were in great hands, and are going to be enjoying a full head of hair in no time!!

I am approaching the 9th month. I would say within the 6 - 7 month. I experienced a lot of shedding, outside of the regions that were grafted and also on the right side where I had a lot of grafts done. I will post pictures later, but I started on propecia about 3 weeks ago, hoping to stop the shedding. Currently I am lost in limbo due to the desperation in hair loss. Not really sure what I can do but to wait it out with propecia and see where I end up. I know it will take another 5-6 months or even longer before I can give any definitive results from Propecia. Currently I take 1 mg tablet per day, I am seeing large amounts of hair being lost throughout the day and especially after a shower. I have reduced washing my hair to every other day now, with nioxin.

I did give up eCigs as well, I was heavily vaping when I started to shed prior to my hair transplant, not sure if everything is just a big correlation. But I decided to eliminate that to give everything I can to make an effort to hopefully stopping the shedding and hopefully regrowing a lot of the hair that I have shedded.

viziony,

Nice to read your update as it's been a little while.

Sometimes the "initial use" of finasteride can increase the level of shedding. It sounds like you had some shock loss around the recipient area and the perimeter.

It sounds like the level of shedding has increased since starting finasteride. And I trust you are taking it under the direction of your doctor?

At this point in time, most of the regrowth should have occurred so hang in there and I would not suggest adding anything to your regimen. In fact, the Nioxin IMHO may potentially increase more shedding, especially considering how often you are using it, every other day.

Most times, time alone will take care of the result.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Inactive

Hey again viziony.

It's crazy that you're almost at 9 months already. Time really does fly by, eh?

Two things. First, for some reason at right around 8 1/2 months…..I went through a pretty gnarly shed and thought something was wrong. I think for whatever reason it was just time for those follicles to go through the cycle….although my hair looked worse than it did at 7 months post op, and I was freaking out considering the money I had spent on the transplant. It came back just fine though.
    Second. I definitely lost A LOT of hair when I first started Fin. I shed a ton. It was way before I ever had my transplant, as I wanted to stabilize the loss before I had my transplant……but I thought (even though I had read that shedding was normal) I was having a rare reaction to the drug that was going to cause me be left with a completely bald head. My body adapted to the medication though….my hair grew back….and it has definitely slowed additional loss of my native hair and preserved my current state.
    Give your body some time to adjust to everything again…..including the recent halt of the e-cig usage. I think everything will come back just fine. I think it's pretty normal for your hair to go through stages where it looks better sometimes than it does at other times……

Looking forward to seeing your next photo update!

Best,

Mike

Red face

Mike --

Thanks for sharing your experience it actually helped. Everyone reacts differently I can understand. But yes I thought at this stage my hair was supposed to flourish. All I can do is wait it out and let my body take it's course. I will share my next milestone in March when it's been a year and fin has been in my body for more than 3 months.

Viziony,

All very normal to shed on the meds. I posted a big topic on it. Rest assured give it time and it will all come good.

A watched kettle never boils

The combo in 6 months will be great

Best
    Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    Viziony,

All very normal to shed on the meds. I posted a big topic on it. Rest assured give it time and it will all come good.

A watched kettle never boils

The combo in 6 months will be great

Best
    Spex
    Totally agreed. The growth process was a wild ride. I was utterly convinced five/six months out that my procedure was a botch job; 18 months later, a top surgeon told me it was one of the best transplants he'd seen in years. The recovery/growth processes are not an accurate barometer of what your final result is going to be.