Big Replicel News!! - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Exclamation Big Replicel News!!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Replicel and Shiseido Announce Collaboration and Technology Transfer Framework Agreement and Exclusive Geographic Technology License

Tokyo, Japan and Vancouver, Canada - May 29, 2013 - RepliCel Life Sciences Inc. (the "Company" or "RepliCel") (OTCBB: REPCF) (CNSX:RP) and Shiseido Company, Limited ("Shiseido") (Tokyo Stock Exchange Code: 4911) (ADR Receipts: SSDOY) announced today that they have entered into a Collaboration and Technology Development Transfer Framework Agreement ("the Agreement") for an exclusive geographic license for RepliCel's RCH-01 hair regeneration technology. Under the final agreement, Shiseido will pay RepliCel an upfront fee of ¥400,000,000. In addition, Shiseido will pay RepliCel sales milestones up to ¥3,000,000,000. Replicel is also entitled to royalties on sales.

David Hall, CEO and President of RepliCel states, "Shiseido is one of the oldest and most respected cosmetics companies in the world with annual sales in excess of US$6.7 billion. Since its inception in 1872, they have stood at the forefront of science, innovation and beauty. They are known throughout the industry for their research and development in skin and hair biology as well as expertise in formulation and manufacturing. This Agreement for our RCH-01 autologous cell therapy for pattern baldness is consistent with our goal to partner with the leading companies in the field of hair regeneration. The Agreement also represents a key validation of our technology platform being built around the concept of addressing cellular deficits in human conditions."

"Shiseido's corporate mission is a research driven focus on human beauty and wellness," stated Mr. Youchi Shimatani, Shiseido's corporate officer in charge of research and development. "Our hair cell related research is to support those people suffering with pattern baldness. With this focus, I am delighted to be entering into a technical partnership with RepliCel which is a leader in hair regenerative technology," concluded Mr. Shimatani.

Professor Rolf Hoffmann, RepliCel's Chief Medical Officer commented, "The Agreement will ultimately see further human clinical trials being conducted by Shiseido in its territory. In addition, the Agreement anticipates ongoing research collaboration for the continued improvement of the technology. As Shiseido has world-class technical expertise in hair biology, we anticipate that together we will develop further improvements to the technology. As a co-founder of the Company, I am extremely pleased to be partnering with a leader in hair science."

RCH-01 is a patented hair follicle cell replication and implantation technology designed to rejuvenate damaged, miniaturized hair follicles in balding scalp skin. This technology has been developed over ten years of research, experimentation and trials. The mechanics of this technology involve the extraction of as few as 20 hair follicles from the back of a patient's scalp where healthy cycling hair follicles reside. Specific cells are isolated from the hair follicles and are then replicated in a current Good Manufacturing Practice compliant facility through the Company's proprietary cellular replication process, and are then reintroduced back into balding areas on a patient's scalp. The implanted cells are expected to rejuvenate damaged hair follicles leading to the growth of new healthy hair fibers.

"The Shiseido agreement represents another significant step in the development of RCH-01", stated Dr. Kevin McElwee, Chief Scientific Officer. "We are excited to be collaborating with such a skilled group of scientists."

The Agreement encompasses a geographic area including Japan, China, South Korea, Taiwan and the ASEAN countries representing a population of approximately 2.1 Billion people. Joint steering committees will be established to oversee the transfer of the technology, knowhow and standard operating procedures.

About RepliCel Life Sciences

The Company is developing two autologous cell therapies. The first is a cellular treatment for androgenetic alopecia (pattern baldness) named RepliCel Hair-01 (RCH-01). The second is a cell therapy for the treatment of chronic tendon injuries named RepliCel Tendon-01 (RCT-01). Both treatments are based on RepliCel's innovative technology which utilizes cells isolated from a patient's own healthy hair follicles to address specific cellular deficits. Phase II clinical trials, for both technologies, are planned for the later part of 2013.

About Shiseido Company, Limited

Shiseido started business in Ginza, Tokyo in 1872 as the first Western-style pharmacy in Japan. Since then, the company has led the cosmetic technology and culture in Japan over more than 100 years. The company now aspires to become a "global player to represent Asia with origins in Japan" and operate businesses all over the world, including Europe, the U.S. and Asia. Its representative global brand, "SHISEIDO" is now sold in 89 countries and regions as of April 2013.

This could be good or bad. On one hand, they're gonna throw big money into Relpicel. Plus, if they put that kind of money into the program, they must have seen some impressive results.

On the other hand, the agreement is for exclusive rights. That means that if it works, they'll charge an arm and a leg for it at first, until the patent runs out.

Also, there's a small chance they they bought the program just to kill it, to eliminate competition.

Probably good news though that there's real money invested in an experimental hair replacement technique.

Despite being an optimistic person, one thing is strange. How long is the release of all those products that have so many promises. Always happen several strands halfway between tests with the early stages of the launch, but the end of all this never comes on a shelf.

Are more than 10 years reading news in the next five years will launch a revolutionary product, but it is often 10 years and these next 5 years will never arrive.

Shisheido has no stake in the hair loss market...they don't sell finasteride or minox, as far as I'm aware, and I'm pretty sure they don't do HT or have their own research going on.

If all that's true, then they have no reason to buy in to kill the produxt

Good news for stockholders I guess, I just want to see how much hair can they regrow

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcoffee View Post
    Shisheido has no stake in the hair loss market...they don't sell finasteride or minox, as far as I'm aware, and I'm pretty sure they don't do HT or have their own research going on.

If all that's true, then they have no reason to buy in to kill the produxt
    They do sell an Adenosine product called Adenogen.

There is no doubt that this is really good news. As Histogen has taught us, we shouldn't only be celebrating results from clinical trials, because the greatest technologies in the world are useless unless brought to market.

This is confirmation that they can and will go into phase 2 later this year. It's also confirmation that they do in fact have a potential cure.

There is a press conference of some kind in Germany tomorrow in which I think the CEO or someone else will speak. Also stay tuned as Spencer mentioned the release of an interview with David Hall.

Definitely good news, we just need to be patient and we'll see what happens, but right now we can't do much. Actually we can: we need to start saving enough to put $20K aside for the medium term.

Go Replicel!

If they plan to hit the Asian markets first, as is expected, this makes a lot of sense. I don't know if this means much for the western world. I guess it does if you're willing to travel. Still, pretty cool stuff.

Yeah maybe that's a sign they'd be willing to start selling in Asia.

Besides that, I don't get you guys; everyone's always complaining that there isn't enough news. Now there's news, and I see people complaining that it's going to be expensive, and that you're going to have to take a plane, and that maybe it's all a plan to kill the technology.

Cheer up folks! This is good news, period.

Good stuff, looking forward to seeing what happens.